• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: The RP

Years
no i am not secretly procrastinating shut up

was thinking of making pmd: the rp with some minor tweaks on how stuff's supposed to work. >:B

so what do we know rn about pmd (pokemon mystery dungeon) rps?
  • usually done in teams of two (sometimes four)
  • missions. all the missions.
  • sometimes has the fancy plot that's completely separate from missions.
  • in the games you play as a human thats turned into a pokemon to save the world or something

what makes this rp so special then?
idk really. probably nothing. probably something.
it's a pmd rp that's going to be designed for everyone.

that means
  • players can come and go as they please
  • missions are there (because that's how pmd works duh)
  • no teams required (haha we're going post game)
  • there's going to be plot for all the plotty people out there
  • some other stuff that i'm forgetting (it's 12 am give me a break)

okay so explain the other stuff now starting from the list down
players can come and go as they please
that is what it is. you dont have to stay all the time. you can act as one of those people that can just hop in, do one mission, then hop out and just come back at a later date because that's life. or you can come in and stay forever and it'll be fun. i think these kinds of rps need this sort of sign up structure so that you dont have to be burdened by waiting for people.​

missions are there and there's going to be plot (gonna tackle these two)
okay so im taking these two together because the plan is the plot is going to be in the missions themselves. like there can be mission x part 1, part 2, and part 3 that advances the x plot point and mission y part 1, part 2, and part 3 that advances the y plot point. it's going to be a long term plot (more on this later) so it doesn't really matter if people come and go (see above ^).

regarding custom missions and people not wanting to do plot stuff because that's obviously a thing. that will still be a thing, don't worry. although you can't have overall plot in the custom missions. what you can do in said mission are either focus on your own personal plot, or get an item that you can't be bothered waiting for lmao​

no teams required
because we've all had that shitty scenario where we're in the zone and collecting all the missions and suddenly you're stuck in jp limbo because your friend is stuck in uni doing her requirements (haha that might be me shh) and like that sucks. that really sucks. so we're skipping the teams required route and going post game, unless missions call for more than one pokemon.

what i mean is you can either do a mission solo (one pokemon), getting npc teammates (up to three teammates only like normal pmds), or jping with other people. you don't have to wait for them anymore :d​

next is the plot because im on a roll
you might be weirded out with the coming and going and the rp still having plot bit.
basically ur a pokemon in a guild that aims to collect knowledge. the pokemon world is weird.
lots of stuff happened. some unexplainable stuff. some weird stuff. what even are these?!

this guild specifically wants knowledge. but ofc they want cash, treasure, and the adventure.
so they decided to make this guild called guild (name). the missions are there and wont look like much.
you might be a newbie or an old veteran or whatever or just a passing pokemon really.
but the guild sounded cool, so you'll join in. get some missions. maybe find out something cool for them.

until eventually, you uncover the history of the pokemon world.

what else do i need to put here um let's do a list
  • idk do you guys like the idea?? i really wanna make it tbh
  • update 12:42 pitched the idea to GP and he wants to co-gm do i let him
  • oh i need to do npcs and stuff too ill make a workshop for that should interest occur i think
  • any suggestions and stuff
  • idk man

ty for reading <3

Years
I love the idea of this ongoing world history RP where the guild are basically badass historians/archeologists and the plot is just uncovering more and more lore information about this really cool world. I am so hyped and I want to be a part of it. This is truly the first PMD-based RP I've really been enthused for.

update 12:42 pitched the idea to GP and he wants to co-gm do i let him

Yes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
fun rp fun players fun without super dedication strings attached?

yep im in

Years
!! glad to see interest here
i'll be spouting off some more ideas
okay more like npc ideas
suggestions are welcome :d

guild npcs and stuff yay
alakazam.gif
Guildmaster Alakazam
always in pursuit of knowledge and stuff. thinks he knows everything but really he doesn't. is a big softie really. he's getting old though. he has a soft spot for twisted spoons and a collection of mega stones.

klefki.gif
Assistant Klefki
opens all the doors. literally all of it. also helps alakazam out with all the paperwork. believe it or not having keys for hands can be very efficient. although seems to always be really jittery for some reason.

comfey.gif
Doctor Comfey
shes sort of a bitch. yeah she has that great ability and some healing actions but she has this heal-it-yourself policy that really doesnt force her to do anything (unless given the order by alakazam). try not to get hurt!

aromatisse.gif
Nurse Aromatisse
she's the nicer of the two. she actually takes pity on you and heals you when doctor comfey's not looking. she's really shy though so she won't say much. she's a sweetie. she's also thicc. hell yeah

totodile.gif
Totodile
anyone looking for a shiny totodile? well you really should. this rare creature here spews out rare items for high prices or items of similar value. he's not often in the guild though so that's sort of sad.

bewear.gif
Bewear
this pokemon is intentionally silent. he doesn't really speak much, but he does his job pretty well. he stands by the gate and checks for visitors, then allows them in if they don't seem to be any threat to them. cool dude.

town npcs sometime soon but what do you think :')

Last edited:
Years
inb4 everyone just posts once and disappears fucking rip
also yay i'm glad doctor comfey is loved... for some reason lmao
more updates though :') town npcs!!

Porygon-Z Storage
  • Bit crazy sometimes
  • Likes encrypting data a fuck tonne

Farfetch'd Market
  • Sells just about any common item
  • With some fancy tms i guess
  • Sometimes a good item to
  • Recommends leek

Noctowl Appraisal
  1. Sees what's inside things for a high price
  2. Pretty sleepy during the daytime, much more active at night
  3. Kinda snooty

(Alolan) Meowth Bank
  • Where the cool pokemon go to store their cash
  • Nothing gets out unless you want it to

Audino Day Care
  • The definition of motherly

Hariyama Dojo
  • Helps pokemon get strong
  • He no speak big words
  • But he strong like mountain

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
>PMD RP
>automatically wants in when it somehow happens
I just really like PMD so I'm all for this RP!
Oh yeah and this question is important...does Bewear like hugs? :3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
This looks really tempting! I positively adore PMD. I tried joining an RP before but it died down pretty quick, and I felt like a burden on my teammates. Still, any excuse to write about Pokemon. :D

I haven't made up my mind yet... I like the idea of not having to fully commit myself (considering my studies), but at the same time being part of a team and participating in the plot is what's fun about RPs, right? Hmm...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
a rp where peeps can post, disappear for three years, and post again? did you tailor this just for me? one day i'll randomly post in an old rp of mine again just you wait

• update 12:42 pitched the idea to GP and he wants to co-gm do i let him
ban him
  • But he strong like mountain
*stronk

also makuhita dojo already been a thing let's get neeeeeeeeew

Years
also makuhita dojo already been a thing let's get neeeeeeeeew
GFDI

okay changes to town npc people will be very much appreciated lmao
i actually haven't played the ones that require a 3ds/switch/anything past ds
...i'll be buying the 3ds pmd one soon though iirc that's a thing

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I didn't even fuck with Super Mystery Dungeon lmao. Heard it had cool shit in it though.

What do you want suggestions on? Just, like, general stuff?

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is a weird move restriction that's based on leveling, since the concept of characters being "overpowered" in the game vs. in a story isn't the same. Level mechanics in a RP are therefore pretty arbitrary. (Also I may or may not have a character idea for a Pokemon that would only have like 2 moves if she could only have those under Lv. 10 or 15 lmao)

Also if we're a guild aiming to archive knowledge, an idea I really like, the RP as a whole would benefit the most from a little world-building and interesting locations. How much would you allow players to develop about the world; would the world-building be more "collaborative," or would you like to be able to answer every question a player might have? And then you could use this thread for, like, brainstorming.

Last edited:
Years
I didn't even fuck with Super Mystery Dungeon lmao. Heard it had cool shit in it though.

What do you want suggestions on? Just, like, general stuff?

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is a weird move restriction that's based on leveling, since the concept of characters being "overpowered" in the game vs. in a story isn't the same. Level mechanics in a RP are therefore pretty arbitrary. (Also I may or may not have a character idea for a Pokemon that would only have like 2 moves if she could only have those under Lv. 10 or 15 lmao)

Also if we're a guild aiming to archive knowledge, an idea I really like, the RP as a whole would benefit the most from a little world-building and interesting locations. How much would you allow players to develop about the world; would the world-building be more "collaborative," or would you like to be able to answer every question a player might have? And then you could use this thread for, like, brainstorming.
both are good
also a fighting type because hariyama is a canon babe and we're oRiGiNaL

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is a weird move restriction that's based on leveling, since the concept of characters being "overpowered" in the game vs. in a story isn't the same.
Definitely! It's weird having your only moves as the first ones you get at level 5 unless it's in a game and there's the magical explanation of you're definitely new here. RP characters have h i s t o r y and it's really possible for them to learn various other moves. I'm thinking six moves that a Pokemon can learn based on it's natural learnset imo (with an egg move ofc).

Also thinking about removing the usual stage one Pokemon restriction in usual roleplays and giving them one move extra stage to bump into. This gives them freedom to not be babies and still have the potential for evolving (if they have a stage three evolution even). Thoughts?

How much would you allow players to develop about the world; would the world-building be more "collaborative," or would you like to be able to answer every question a player might have? And then you could use this thread for, like, brainstorming.
I actually want it to be a mix of both. I have a main plot ready for the general history of the world (because that's direction and people like direction sometimes), with the other details being created by the people here (or the ooc, wherever it happens). Brainstorming would be really fun haha.

Years
(i can double post whenever i want)
(i dont wanna double notify ok)

i just had the greatest idea
hitmondojo

where its the three brothers fighting with each other and getting apprentices to be the best sensei. they have like sumo wrestling things where they pit their apprentices against each other every few months or so if they even have any.

ok maybe gp suggested hitmondojo
but i thought of their personalities ok

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I love that for movesets! Totally down for removing the stage 1 restriction too, I think it'd help out a lot of people who might wanna play a baby Pokemon. Also down for players building on a general history, that would work really well for the kind of open RP this is looking to be.

I love the idea of the Hitmon boys getting seriously involved with player characters like that, appointing apprentices and all. Also fiting people's chars irl. Catch my girl outside

Shiiit I don't even have cool location ideas to throw around. Maybe some village inhabited by Ghost-types to explore how Pokemon that are essentially spirits live. There could be a dungeon that's just an air pocket underneath an island. A dungeon that's on the brink of total collapse.

Back