• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
Yeah, you can race us for Johto starter if you want. Are you going to be hunting for it on Emerald?
can't it be a hoenn starter? I'm after torchic in my emerald...

btw, ppl I got my 2nd shiny starter today!!!
the shiny charmander came now, I can't show ya the picture now cause my dad traveled and led by mistake the charged of the camera... so when he comes back I'll show ya my lil baby :D

Years
Anyone ever heard of "shinyhunter" from YouTube?
Well, today, he found an Egg-Radar (Yes, be happy DDD)
If you decline the first 41 eggs from breeding, and then accept 200, you'll most likely get a shiny (41 Declines = 1/200 Chances)
So, that said, it seems extremely easy.
Rules: Don't Fly, Don't do ANY battles, and don't turn it off.
Please note, it's untested, but I am about to test it now.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I thought that was already proven false? DDD mentioned something that sound similar back in 2008, and it was quickly proven false.

Even so, MetalMario and I wouldn't resort to "Egg-Radaring". Hatching eggs is our very way of NOT abusing the PokeRadar. ;)

dark charmander

Gaara...
Years
i gots loads of shiny pokemon =D
darkjj0.gif
(credit to anjoola) (made a mistake not a shiny silcoon its a cascoon)

achived my goal of shiny palkia this morning
got more since i got the card

ALL MY SHINYS- starly, parichu, shellos (pnk 1), cascoon, misdrevous, wormple, buneary, gastly, chingling, ponyta, roselia, kricketune,whooper, zubat, quagsire(x2), budew(x2), bibarel,psyduck, wingull, tentacool, machoke, medicham, sneasle, snover,piplup,prinplup,empoleon,shinx, luxray, luxio,azurill, machop,bidoof,bonsly, manaphy, geodude, gravler,happiny and the latest PALKIA

so can i join the shiny hunters???? please????

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I thought that was already proven false? DDD mentioned something that sound similar back in 2008, and it was quickly proven false.

Even so, MetalMario and I wouldn't resort to "Egg-Radaring". Hatching eggs is our very way of NOT abusing the PokeRadar. ;)

Correct, but it was called "Egg Chaining" when I was doing it.

I did get my shiny Vulpix, but the fact that at least 10 other people were trying at the same time and had no results pretty much says that this doesn't work and I just got lucky. (Some of those people were using Fast Hatch, too.)

I'm willing to test it again. If I get a shiny Munchlax then maybe it's not that false, but I definitely don't want someone taking credit for something I might've solidified. Let'sa go!

edit: 2 AM

Well I've hatched 60 Munchlax eggs so far, no shiny yet. Some of you may recall I said I got Vulpix on my 60th or so egg (62nd I think). Well, that was including the 42 egg thing, so I actually got it pretty quick.

I've hatched 60 -after- rejecting 42 with Munchlax.

To say I'm bored is an understatement. It can take 5 minutes to get a single egg since I'm doing this on my 2nd Pearl which only has 2 badges, no resources, blah blah blah.

I'm doing it like I would chaining and closing my DS up in sleep mode for the night. I resume tomorrow; after all, it's possible to not see shiny grass within 60 resets.

So I'm not giving up just yet, but I'm having my doubts already if I didn't have them before which I did which I'm trying to prove my earlier success wrong which is hard to do and this is confusing so I'm gonna stop on that now lol.

Case in point:
60 Munchlax eggs hatched after using the Egg Chain/Radar/Whatever meethod. Nothing yet. I'll hatch 60 more tomorrow hopefully.

Deep down, I wish this worked. The Pokemon I would go after (after getting Magikarp of course) would be my favorites of Shroomish, Staryu, and Riolu...

But unfortunately, it just doesn't.
It's weird to call yourself a liar.

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have obtained new shinies, I'm too caught up in the moment.

Last edited:

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
so... my dad came back and bring me the charger ^^
and here r the new shinys!
charmander:
Spoiler:

and a new one...
snover:
Spoiler:

this one I got yesterday with chains... pretty much this time: 53 =\
now let's reset more for giratina (yes, verry boring) and try to get that lucky ID in emebrald...
and go on in the game on fire red too... I'll try to get a shiny bird trio :P
good luck to everyone! and congratz for those who got shinys :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Um, guys????

GUYS???? (AND GIRLS)

DSC05484.jpg

Please tell me I'm wrong.

PLEASE.

68th egg....

Shiny Munchlax...

:(

I saved before taking this egg.
(It's Careful natured too)

I'm going to soft reset and see if I can get different IVs and if it's still shiny....

Holy crap.

[/wrists][/tail]

Years
YEAH!
It's a 1/200 chance DDD.
Therefore, it works!
CONGRATS!
I'm going to go after Magikarp, Munchlax, Riolu, Spiritomb, and Phione.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
YEAH!
It's a 1/200 chance DDD.
Therefore, it works!
CONGRATS!
I'm going to go after Magikarp, Munchlax, Riolu, Spiritomb, and Phione.

Maybe it's more like Kodak film. Ah. Ah.

Well... I SR'd, and hatched the little bugger.

Sure enough, he was shiny. (And more importantly, he was "Somewhat vain" so even though I wanted to hatch him in a special place, I'm saving)

I'm going to cry now.

Years
i gots loads of shiny pokemon =D
darkjj0.gif
(credit to anjoola) (made a mistake not a shiny silcoon its a cascoon)

achived my goal of shiny palkia this morning
got more since i got the card

ALL MY SHINYS- starly, parichu, shellos (pnk 1), cascoon, misdrevous, wormple, buneary, gastly, chingling, ponyta, roselia, kricketune,whooper, zubat, quagsire(x2), budew(x2), bibarel,psyduck, wingull, tentacool, machoke, medicham, sneasle, snover,piplup,prinplup,empoleon,shinx, luxray, luxio,azurill, machop,bidoof,bonsly, manaphy, geodude, gravler,happiny and the latest PALKIA

so can i join the shiny hunters???? please????
Nice hacks.
Manaphy CAN NOT be shiny.
i remember this egg - chaining thing i tried with an eevee and failed but i'm still spectical on whether it works or not....
I think DDD and the Germans have proved this to be true :P
shinyhunter and I are testing this out as well.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
1. Why cry?
2. What do you mean you SR'ed?
EDIT: One of the rules is: Don't turn your game off.

You're preaching to the choir bud.

I saved before taking each egg, and hatching each one singularly before obtaining the next. The 68th egg was shiny, so I SR'd and took it again. It's still shiny, so you can SR and try to get good stats since the IVs aren't set.

Why cry?

Why cry....

This makes it to where you can get any breedable Pokemon shiny. ANY. Apparently you are unaware of the Advanced days when we had to work hard as hell to get our shinies. It was either by SR, NORMAL hatching, or random encounter. Remember your Uxie?
What if it was THAT hard to get ANY Pokemon shiny, let alone the rarer ones like Absol? You'd have to hatch for it. I think LDD hatched a very long time to try and get a shiny Absol, I'm not sure if she ever did or not.

We had to work for our Pokemon.

Now, we don't.

Sure, this is a breakthrough, but I didn't like the PokeRadar, and I don't like this Egg Chaining crap, because it makes it way, way, way too easy.
Working hard for them is what I liked to do, and it should still be that way.... :(

It's over for shiny Pokemon, ALL over. Their value = 1% or less of what it used to be which is what used to be why we got them. If you had even just one, you felt special, because you were since they were so rare.

Oh well.

Anyway, I thought MM said Manaphy could be shiny, you'd just have to go through an awful lot of trouble just for one SR of sorts by trading the egg to multiple games.

Whatever. I'm pissed over this. I hope I just got lucky....

AGAIN.

But two in a row is hard to beat...

Will I use this? Yes. Am I happy about it? NO.

Years
True, true.
Although, SR shinies (Which CAN NOT be legally enhanced) are still valuable. Yay!
And two in a row...
Cool.
Well, keep it a secret.
About 20 people that speak English will know, same amount as the Germans. Until someone makes a guide on YouTube (Me, I vant some subs)
Cool.
I think it may be a glitch though.
Gonna get a shiny Magikrap then.
'Nother Edit: Ranbert said that Mystery Gifts CAN NOT be shiny. And, he also said that it's PID Values are set upon receiving it. Double trouble.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I see what u mean DDD... as games come shinys become more common, so they kinda lost the "Magic" that makes them so special... when u see something that u have 1 in 8000 of having one you get like amazed when u see a person owning so many of em... but as ppl get new methods to get then easily (like 1 a day?) anyone gets that impressed with a person who owns even 30 of em...

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I'm gonna give this a shot with skorupi, see if DDD did just get lucky or if this thing is really real

I'm extremely conflicted as to whether this is a good thing or not, i'm leaning towards no....

But on the other hand, if it doesn't work, DDD is probably the luckiest S.O.B i've ever met

Years
Well, if he got 3 egg shinies like that, I think it's safe to assume so.
Germans have done it to.
I think it's a glitch though, probably related to the P-Radar.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I'm not going to bother doing this egg trick. I'd rather hatch hundreds(or thousands) of eggs and get a shiny the normal way. It does seem like a cool trick though, I'll admit that.
Well I'm still SRing for Lileep and the like, but I'm not getting any shiny Emerald RNG clones. I'm not all that bothered about it, just a bit annoyed that I have a lucky ID and it doesn't seem to want to give me shinies.
My Paras hunt still continues as well. I am up to 8000 encounters so far, and I hope to get it under 25000 encounters. I really don't want it to take 70000+ encounters like my shiny Whismur did.
Congrats to new shinies everyone.
EDIT: For some reason, I cannot seperate my post, ah well.

Last edited:
Back