• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other forums

Years
I don't browse any other forums beyond like reddit. I /was/ staff on SPPf from like 07-10, though.

I just don't really have time for other forums :P

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Cirno was a great username. I remember being a little envious, haha.

I never find the time to switch between forums, but they can be a ton of help so I certainly visit a few!

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
This topic definitely looks like a S&T topic, so I might as well just move it over there.

But as for the topic on hand...hoo boy, where to begin. I began on Neoseeker back in 2011, where I assumed the name "castlewars" (yeah, dumb name looking in retrospect). It started out pretty well, but then I started getting in trouble for obsessing over postcount and mindlessly spamming and abusing moderation features, such as - you won't believe this - sending fake "ban" messages to other users. It got to the point where I nearly got banned, so I left. At the same time, I had a growing interest in a certain Mario fangame called Super Mario Bros. X, which some of you have probably heard of it, which lets you create your own Mario levels (this was before Mario Maker!) and games, and share them online. Creativity was one of my strongest points, so I joined an active forum dedicated to it (no link, because that forum has been nuked, but now it lives on as this site) and became a moderator. However, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Even though this is in total contrast to what a lot of you users think about me, I was actually one of the most hated users over there because I had gotten a reputation for being stupid for actions I'd done in the past. This was the start of my downturn. Even though I've tried to shake off that reputation, it's really hard when you establish it, considering that the general userbase was 13-15 year old kids and I didn't fit in with them at all. Come the end of 2016, I joined Reddit and started using that more frequently than that cesspool of a forum. It was set to be, as a few months later I joined PC, cut ties with Super Mario Bros. X, and now live a happy life over on here and Reddit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
been to many forums, mostly only reading and checking everything out ...
and pokecommunity is by far the best

still can't get over how awesome like EVERYONE is in here,
i was trying so hard to hold back and not post any inappropriate stuff just out of respect, because this is such an amazing place

it's magic, u could browse endlessley and keep discovering new interesting stuff,
every thread is interesting and fun to read

this isn't a compliment, it's just the facts

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
been to many forums, mostly only reading and checking everything out ...
and pokecommunity is by far the best

still can't get over how awesome like EVERYONE is in here,
i was trying so hard to hold back and not post any inappropriate stuff just out of respect, because this is such an amazing place

it's magic, u could browse endlessley and keep discovering new interesting stuff,
every thread is interesting and fun to read

this isn't a compliment, it's just the facts

I mean, we try to make it a welcoming place for everyone and anyone, so I'm really glad to see that you're enjoying it here!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
My first primary forum was Villains Tournament on ProBoards.

The forum was a place where we talked all about fan-made tournaments that pitted Disney and Non-Disney villains against each other. (For example; Jafar vs. Rasputin)

We even discuss the best and worst of what fiction has to offer, be it movies, TV shows, and even video games.

Then, times had changed, and many admins and mods either retired or stepped down, leaving a progressive mod in charge.

An unfunny joke about fair use, plus locking down an entire forum out of the blue over one bad apple, were what ultimately caused me to leave, but that?s all I can share right now, since the last part may or may not cost me my home here on PokeCommunity.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
I'm on at least 1 other music forum, gaming forum, pokemon forum and education forum.

But yea, forums in general aren't as active as they used to be even just a decade ago (where is everyone?), and there are too many hostile users recently.

Back