• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I get rid of a trainer event?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2018
Hello everyone!
I'm currently designing the final battle against the bad guys. The Player has to defeat a few goons to get to the final bad guy. After beating him, i want them all to leave the area. I tried a few things but didn't have any succes with it.
The goons are made using a trainer(n) event.
Here is what I tried so far:
-Including a switch in the sequence after the final battle and a blank event page in the trainer evets thats should be active when said switch is on. (Does not work. I assume because trainer(n) events are some sort of coding voodoo
-Giving the trainer-events the property "through" and movig them via "Set move route" in the sequence after the final battle. (Almost works. The trainers leave the area/go out of sight, BUT they won't attack the player anymore, unless he/she is standing on the same tile as them.

I hope you can help me! :D
Thanks in advance,
Joke

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2018
One Idea I just came up with is to just fade to black after the fight (had planed to do that anyway) and then warp the player to an exact copy of the map, just without the trainers in it (there aren't any other events [items, ...] on that map so it should work...)
But this is on the rather quick and dirty side of things, maybe some of you have a proper solution for this?
Joké

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Instead of warping maps, fade to black and then use a script to refresh the map. It does the same as leaving a map and then re-entering, but you don't have to go anywhere. If all the trainers' self-switches are set to show a blank event page, they should all have disappeared.

Back