• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon World FireRed v2.0

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
✧✦ Pokémon World FireRed✦✧
Creator: NanaelJustice
Engine: RPG Maker XP
Tool Kit: Pokémon Essentials V17.2

✧✦ About it ✦✧
Pokémon World FireRed is a fresh and customizable FRLG experience aiming to give the player tons of new ways to play the classic remake over and over again with new content, wider variety of wild and trainer Pokémon, quality of life changes and some tweaks on the least fun parts of the original game.

More Playable Characters: Some familiar faces and even characters from other IPs like Erica Hartmann and Asuka Momoko are here. You can also change a custom "template" character to your fan game character, or whatever you want to play as!
Nuzlocke Support: Built in support to both Soft and Hard Nuzlocke to ease all the manual labor you would usually need to do. You can turn it on and off as you please.
Starter Sets: You do not have to play with the original Kanto starters! You can chose any starter from gen 1 to 7.
More Freedom: It is possible to start with the Key Item "Tea" to access Saffron City as soon as you leave Cerulean. This let you do a lot of things out of order and find items and Pokémon you would usually only find way later in the game.
Extra Mode: A more complex mode for people who already played the game to the point of having a solid grasp of the new content and most of the buffs. All the Leaders and Elite Four members will have a second team that the game will randomly chose between it and the regular one, making more use of the specific buffs and mega Pokémon. Preparing for important battles is more difficult than normal!
You also get an extra boss battle against Mewtwo playing on this mode.
Legendary Mode: A silly challenge mode where you start your save with a Shaymin instead of a regular starter, but your rival, every Leader and Elite Four members will also have mythical or legendary Pokémon. This mode is not made to be particularly balanced, but to let you use all the silly and broken stuff that normally would drain all the fun of a regular playthrough.
If you manage to beat the main game in this mode, you can get a mythical and a legendary Pokémon you usually only could get by unlocking Debug in your save file.
And a lot other fun surprises! Surprise yourself with new maps, secrets, more events, and a lot of silly stuff along the way!​

✧✦ Images✦✧
kJiXeGZ.png

✧✦ Changes✦✧
Although this game is essentially a Fire Red remake, there is some deliberate changes put into it:
Spoiler:

Evolution related changes:
Spoiler:

V2.0 changes:
Spoiler:

V1.5 changes:
Spoiler:

V1.1 changes:
Spoiler:

✧✦ Terms of Use✦✧
Pokémon World FireRed (formerly Moemon WCS) is a opensource game where anyone with RPG Maker XP can edit it, but with two rules in respect with every one's resources involved: Do not remove credits you are not sure if you are using it's resources or not. Mention both the original Pokémon World FireRed and Bootleg Fire Red in a legible place alongside your changes if posted somewhere else.
-If you want to use this game as a base to create something completely unrelated to Fire Red, you can, but the rules still applies.
-If you made a cool mod and believe someone else would like to have a similar experience, feel free to share you modifications in this topic providing links, and a brief descriptions (even images wouldn't hurt). I would happily add it in the topic with all the additional credits.​

✧✦ Download✦✧
The game is pretty much how I viewed it as an ideal FireRed experience, but I'm aware how game dev works and I know a lot of bugs will spawn in my game as soon as someone else touches it. So it may receive other updates to fix any new worrying stuff.​
Version 2.0
Google Drive
MediaFire

✧✦ Mods✦✧
Moemon WCS: The original 1.5 version in Moemon form. This is very likely never going to be updated by me.​
Spoiler:

Version 1.5
Google Drive

✧✦ Credits✦✧
"Bootleg Pokemon FireRed" by: JohtoBlaziken
"Sprite Rips" by: A.J. Nitro, Barubary, Yoshi Clone, Mario Gamer, Shiaoran, Random Talking Bush, Haru Raindo5E, Zygoat, larsenv
"Pokémon Sprites" by: Smogon XY Sprite Project, Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project, Prodigal96, TheCynicalPoet, Falgaia, MrDollSteak, Spherical-Ice, Vanilla Sunshine, GeoisEvil, aXI, N-Kin, Quanyails, Wyverii, princessofmusic, paintseafull, Siiilver, Zermonious, Bynine, Layell, Wobblebuns, Sleet, leParagon, Noscium, Sleet, RedRooster, Layell, TeraVolt, TrainerSplash, Dleep, Legitimate Username, Brylark, Zerudez, MyMarshlands, TheAetherPlayer, archeopteryxx, 44tim44, Gnomowladny, MegaMawile999, Shadowgate31, Noland005
"Overworld Sprites" by: SphericalIce, RichardPT, aveontrainer, Starsparkless, PurpleZerafe, Ninetendo, Kalarie, NanaelJustice
"Battle Animations" by: NocTurn, StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
"Additional Tilesets" by: Ekat, Heartlessdragoon, NanaelJustice
"Additional Graphics" by: EVoLiNa, zetavares852, Kickern, LunaMadalenna, Kalarie, MrDollSteak, BurstXShadowsX, Spring, Lichenprincess, Phyromatical, Kyle-Dove, JoshR691, NanaelJustice
"Scripts & PBS" by: JohtoBlaziken, zerokid, Richard PT, Deo, Radical Raptr, cilerba, FL, Vendily, Mr. Gela, Marin, BiggusWeeabus, Zygoat, Adrenst, WolfPP, Boonzeet, Hansiec, NanaelJustice
"Additional Music" by: EesrekYT, Alpha Remaster, KecleonTencho(arugurete), MC Bomber, Parabeetle X, MezmerKaiser, Velocity, Trickster, Modest Mighty, PokémonRater, xXchainchomp01
"Other Credits" by: Wesely, kalerie, BellBlitzKing
"Pokémon Essentials" by: Flameguru, Peter O., Maruno, AvatarMonkeyKirby, MiDas Mike, Boushy, Near Fantastica, Brother1440, PinkMan, FL, Popper, Genzai Kawakami, Rataime, Harshboy, SoundSpawn, help-14, the__end, IceGod64, Venom12, Jacob O. Wobbrock, Wachunga, KitsuneKouta, xLeD, Lisa Anthony.

If somehow there is an uncredited resource you recognised or an outdated nickname, please let me know to fix the issue as soon as possible.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh yea! More Moemon! Excited.

Minor personal preference. Game's nice, but I like being able to speed it up. Gen 3 has a bad habit of being dreadfully slow. Not really a gripe, per se, but a personal preference.

Last edited:

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Oh yea! More Moemon! Excited.

Minor personal preference. Game's nice, but I like being able to speed it up. Gen 3 has a bad habit of being dreadfully slow. Not really a gripe, per se, but a personal preference.
I remember reading somewhere about Essentials speed up, but never researched enough to see how stable it was, especially in conjunction with other scripts. I may have a better look into it in the future.

Hope you enjoy the game!

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
The new update, version 1.1 is up!
Mainly for fixing bugs and some common crashes in the first release, but I also attended the request for a fast forward system in the game. Here are the full changes:
-Speed up button implemented. (Press F6)
-Tamer Ace on Mt.Moon no longer crashes the game.
-Minor dialogue changes were made.
-Some spelling mistakes were fixed.
-You no longer turns into Red for some frames paying at the Museum.
-Some unobtainable Moemon's sprites were changed.
-More unobtainable Pokémon converted to Moemon.
-Sylveon's sprites were changed.
-Electivire's sprites were changed.
-Doduo's sprites were changed.
-Fixed bug where no sound was played receiving the prize from the last guy at the Nugget Bridge.
-Fixed some collision bugs.
-The trade on Route 5 was changed for a better one.
-The Itemfinder aide won't crash the game anymore.
-Fixed crash when you check your trainer card with 4 or more digits of Game Corner coins. (Thanks to Unbayleefable!)
-The trade Mr. Mime's name is not in capslock anymore.
-You can no longer see the random water on the bottom left side of Fuschia.
-WCS Sabrina now gives you an Eviolite after winning 10 times.
-Instead of finding a second Waterfall at Dream Cave 2F, you can get an Oval Charm.
-Weird Pokémon positioning (such as Vulpix, Magneton and Meowth) were all fixed.
-Added some preparations for possible updates.

If you already started playing in the 1.0, you should be able to load your old save without needing to do anything special.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
The new update, version 1.1 is up!
Mainly for fixing bugs and some common crashes in the first release, but I also attended the request for a fast forward system in the game. Here are the full changes:
-Speed up button implemented. (Press F6)
-Tamer Ace on Mt.Moon no longer crashes the game.
-Minor dialogue changes were made.
-Some spelling mistakes were fixed.
-You no longer turns into Red for some frames paying at the Museum.
-Some unobtainable Moemon's sprites were changed.
-More unobtainable Pokémon converted to Moemon.
-Sylveon's sprites were changed.
-Electivire's sprites were changed.
-Doduo's sprites were changed.
-Fixed bug where no sound was played receiving the prize from the last guy at the Nugget Bridge.
-Fixed some collision bugs.
-The trade on Route 5 was changed for a better one.
-The Itemfinder aide won't crash the game anymore.
-Fixed crash when you check your trainer card with 4 or more digits of Game Corner coins. (Thanks to Unbayleefable!)
-The trade Mr. Mime's name is not in capslock anymore.
-You can no longer see the random water on the bottom left side of Fuschia.
-WCS Sabrina now gives you an Eviolite after winning 10 times.
-Instead of finding a second Waterfall at Dream Cave 2F, you can get an Oval Charm.
-Weird Pokémon positioning (such as Vulpix, Magneton and Meowth) were all fixed.
-Added some preparations for possible updates.

If you already started playing in the 1.0, you should be able to load your old save without needing to do anything special.

Heh. Glad to see the speedup toggle was do-able! thanks~ Makes the game that much better!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
does eevee evolves with happiness and a fairy move? or it doesnt matter?

Last edited:

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
Hey, I don't think the moemon Community is generally aware of this. We can't even implement all of our art through rom hacking at the moment.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hey, is there a list somewhere of all the changes to Pokemon/encounters?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Does anyone know where can i find the other startes? I am triying to complete the pokedex

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Does anyone know where can i find the other startes? I am triying to complete the pokedex

According to the WCS guide, defeating the first 3 trainers in the WCS (Johnathan, Miia, and Yuya) 10 times each will reward you (respectively) with Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Thanks, and does anyone know where can i find tauros and kasgakan besides the safary zone? I am tired of then just running away

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Hey, I don't think the moemon Community is generally aware of this. We can't even implement all of our art through rom hacking at the moment.
Thank you for reaching me about this. But as I saw the private message, I answered about it there before seeing this reply.

Hey, is there a list somewhere of all the changes to Pokemon/encounters?
Unfortunately I still didn't get around doing one. But is something I plan on adding not only a handy helper in game but also an txt or word file with all the encounters alongside the game.

According to the WCS guide, defeating the first 3 trainers in the WCS (Johnathan, Miia, and Yuya) 10 times each will reward you (respectively) with Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander.
Also in the post game you will unlock an island where you can find wild Charmeleon, Wartortle and Ivysaur.

Thanks, and does anyone know where can i find tauros and kasgakan besides the safary zone? I am tired of then just running away.
Some safari annoyances are already catchable in the post game of both 1.0 and 1.1, but Tauros and Kangaskhan are still exclusives from there. This is something I'm already working on changing expanding a bit of Kanto in the next version to create events that make those Pokémon obtainable by multiple ways earlier in the game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Last question. How can i go to sword island and is there i can do whit the sleeping child of the old house?

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Last question. How can i go to sword island and is there i can do whit the sleeping child of the old house?
You receive the ticket to Sword Island by completing the Kanto Pokédex and talking to the Game Designer in Celadon that normally only gives you the diploma. The girl on the old house is just for completing the island backstory scattered around the NPCs.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Still working in the pokedex for the ticket,only tauros remaing xD. But about the sleeping child,i have talk to every ncp in the island and she still not responding

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
I have a quick question I only 10 pokemon left to finished my pokedex I need a little help that if anyone can help me it will be a big help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
I have a question: does this use Gen 7 or Gen 8 learnsets for Pokemon? Need to know if I should evolve my Nidorino now or wait a bit first...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hey, sorry for the double post, but another question: did you nerf status effects? Because I've noticed that every time I put an enemy to sleep, they immediately wake up on the next turn, and I'm not sure if I just have terrible luck or what...

Back