• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Main Pokémon for my new game

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Hey guys,

I started on a new project a week ago, with the idea of 1 certain starter pokémon who can change his type depending on the plate he is carrying. Just like Arceus.
So I started creating some battlesprites, which I will show below.
But the main questions are:
  • What do you guys think about the idea of the the starter changing types with plates?
  • Do you think the starter need 2 evolutions or do you think this one is fine?

650.png
Stage 1
651.png
Stage 2

651fire.png
Stage 2 fire plate

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
type changing starter is a good idea imo.
but get someone to make you sprites from scratch. those sprites are just "fusions" and don't look like a new pokemon.

Years
Its a good sprite. But it seems that its created by splicing the sprites of multiple existing Pokemon. Because of the way you have spliced them, the pixel density of each part of the body is different. (This is especially evident in the Stage 1 sprite where the tiny Pachirisu tail doesn't match up at all with the Zoomed in Mewtwo eyes head and the Rhyhorn horn and Rockruff body and in stage 2 with the Gigantic left hand of the Pokemon)

Also the Fire Plate recolor is kinda sloppily done. There are still some remnants of the yellow color from the tail of the Base Sprite and there is a red stripe near the part where the tail connects to the body, which shouldn't be there. This can easily be fixed by using the "non-contiguous" option for the fill tool in your photo editor. Also maybe look at the shading of existing Pokemon for the fire form's accents, it's a really 'in your face' color. Maybe the Accents can be the same as Charizards Orange idk it's your call, but please change the accent colors.

2 stages is fine because a Type Changing starter is OP as is. Even Pokemon Uraniums Starters had only 1 evo afaik.

Overall its a great 1st attempt but some minor QC could make it even better

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Its a good sprite. But it seems that its created by splicing the sprites of multiple existing Pokemon. Because of the way you have spliced them, the pixel density of each part of the body is different. (This is especially evident in the Stage 1 sprite where the tiny Pachirisu tail doesn't match up at all with the Zoomed in Mewtwo eyes head and the Rhyhorn horn and Rockruff body and in stage 2 with the Gigantic left hand of the Pokemon)

Also the Fire Plate recolor is kinda sloppily done. There are still some remnants of the yellow color from the tail of the Base Sprite and there is a red stripe near the part where the tail connects to the body, which shouldn't be there. This can easily be fixed by using the "non-contiguous" option for the fill tool in your photo editor. Also maybe look at the shading of existing Pokemon for the fire form's accents, it's a really 'in your face' color. Maybe the Accents can be the same as Charizards Orange idk it's your call, but please change the accent colors.

2 stages is fine because a Type Changing starter is OP as is. Even Pokemon Uraniums Starters had only 1 evo afaik.

Overall its a great 1st attempt but some minor QC could make it even better

I see what you mean with the density now. I will try to adjust is so that every part will have the same density.

About the Plate recolors I geuss the best thing to do is to use the same color changes as Arceus which seem like a good idea.

Tnx for the tips.

PS the eyes are frome Quilava instead of Mewtwo :)

Back