• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
On the old thread I had previously completed a Fire, Grass and water mono on Emerald.

1QPa90z.png
wSsu1dS.png
EPiGh4K.png

Years
Ultra Moon Psychic Monotype - Update #2

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Update #1

Forum User Name: QCat18
Game(s): Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, Y, Ultra Sun
Pokémon Type: Dark
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Spoiler:

My Team (so far):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ultra Moon Psychic Monotype - Update #3

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Update #2

Game(s): Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, Y, Ultra Sun

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ultra Moon Psychic Monotype - Update #4

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Update #3

Game(s): Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Sun

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Extras:
Spoiler:

Years
Ultra Moon Psychic Monotype - Update #5

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
SoulSilver Update #1

Game(s): Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Sun

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Ultra Moon Psychic Monotype - Update #6 - Final Update

Spoiler:

The Final Team!
Spoiler:

Final playing time: 28:17 - Did do a decent amount of sidequests and such, but I did have to hurry through Ula'Ula and Aether at one point when it was Saturday so I could get Delphox.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 18, 2018
After I catch my Articuno, I'm going to do this challenge

Forum User Name: Yugo
Game: X
Pokémon Type: Water
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode: Single (for now)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hey All! Haven't played pokemon in a while, but I'm getting back into it now. I'm going to be doing a plethora of random challenges.

Sing UP

Xander 729
Pokemon Sun
Steel Monotype

News
Spoiler:

Team:

magnemite.gif

Magnemite Lvl 14

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
I'm not dead, and I will be picking up my HG fire Monotype soon, just needed to take a small break for the holidays, an to focus on ending the school semester strong.

Years
I love this game.

Forum User Name: Swagroar
Game: Ultra Sun
Pokémon Type: Water
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
poison run:
Did a lot of stuff.
Beat elite four and Rival.

Final team:
Qamra (nidoqueen) lvl 44 earthquake, hyper beam, body slam, rest
Salome (venomoth) lvl 45 psychic, leech life, poison powder, stun spore
Medusa (tentacruel) lvl 44 surf, ice beam, mega drain, poison sting
Raven (golbat) lvl 44 wing attack, bite, confuse ray, double team
Oleander (venosaur) lvl 45 solarbeam, razor leaf, toxic, leech seed
Than (muk) lvl sludge, body slam, poison gas, minimize MVP

I finally got back to this and cleaned up the rest of the run and it was so much fun not to mention funny how many times the ai tries to use poison gas and powder on me. All of the gym leaders were a joke including Sabrina surprisingly. My biggest obstacle was Rival's Alakazam too fast, too strong, and somehow able to hit me after +6 evasion is up. My first loss to Rival in the game was before Victory Road but luckily as a champion I learned a new tactic, spamming revives until he picks reflect enough to toxic him down, after that he had nothing left to challenge me. I loved this monotype and am looking forward to continuing it.

Blue 8/8, Gold 0/16, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7

Years
Ultra Sun Water Monotype - Update #2

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Ultra Sun Water Monotype - Update #3 (I played through the last of this today, while the previous update I finished in the last week.)

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 7 Pokeatheleting

I have finally got fed up with banking on Alan to call me, so I decided to do the pokeathalon. I defeated a few trainers with little issue before making my choice. And turns out I'm not half bad at it, the Pokeathalon is one of those things, like contests, that you generally don't do, as it has very little bearing on anything, just a simple gimmick. BUT at this point in the game, it is the best way to get Evo stones. And now that I have enough athlete points, it is time to obtain my fire stone!

Now it is the moment of truth, I select the fire stone, and here we go! Flareon acquired! and it looks so majestic too. Now to grind out some levels. In the midst of training, GunsNRoses was tought dig and headbutt, and eventually learned Ember. Now to go towards Olivine city! I met Baoba, and got his number, checked out the moomoo milk farm, and then rolled onwards.

On the way to olivine, there were really no problems with trainers, except for one poliwhirls hypnosis, my rival complains about the gym leader dealing with sick pokemon, saying it should just be left to be! I heal up, and prepare to ascend the lighthouse. The first trainers Noctowl gave me some issues, Poliwhirl Hypnosis is a thing. I make it to the top, Nickelback laerned Ancient Power, and I met Jasmne, before tackling the seas to fetch some medicine(and challenge the gym of course)

Guns N Roses seems to deal with confusion and sleep very well, usually no longer than 2 turns at most, and all of the water trainers really have no aswer for my one firey boi. For a fire type team, I am having an easy time with these trainers, after a bit of sailing, I finally hit Cianwood city! I heal up and hit the pharmacy, and obtain the "SecretPotion." I could challenge Cianwood Gym now, or wait until after Jasmine. Despite the type advantage, I decide to go against the fighting type leader first, due to him being lower leveled. After a few gym trainers, I realized I am SERIOUSLY underleveled, so off we go back to the seas to grind, LincolnPark learned fire punch, and NickelBack larned Ancient Power. While grinding, I delivered the medicine back to Jasmine, and Baoba callse me, saying th safari zone is open, but as far as I'm concerned, there is little of value as far as my type is concerned. GunsNRoses larned bite on my way back to Cianwood, to fight the trainers on the way to the safari zone.

Back in th Gym, I turn off the water, LET THE BATTLE BEGIN! I lead off with GunsNROses vs his Primape, hoping to abuse dig to beat him, but he starts spaming double team. Primape fails his focus punch, and I dig again, AND I miss, and eat a focus punch, RIP GunsNRoses. I switch in LinconPark to hopefully confuse him, AND it misses too. For Poliwrath I stay in to spam smokescreen. Hypnosis missed and I continue my smokescreen spamming, before firing off a faint attack. BUT Poliwrath puts me to sleep, so now I will fodder my Magmar as it has done its job. I eat a focus punch and LinconPark goes down, BUT as a last ditch effort, Poliwrath gets burned! I switch in Metallica to start the real battle, and Poliwrath uses its berry. I was afraid of him using surf, but luckly he just spams focus punch despite me constantly attacking, maeaning all it does is fail, and the burn is taking its toll and headbutt flinching does not hurt either, as I'm about to deliver the finishing blow, Chuck uses a super potion to fully restore. Right as Poliwrath is about to go dow HE USES SURF! But he dies to the burn, and even if he was not burned, I would have finished him with AC/DC. Now on back to Olivine city for a double gym suprise!

After the Gym, get HM02 Fly, BUT I have no pokemon who can use it.........

First I need to check out suicune up at the top of the city, AND the time suddenly turns to night, Suicune looks me in the face again, and galavants off elsewhere, Eusine talks to me about suicune, and I engage in a battle, with my team not healed. So it is up to Nickelback, aaaannnndddd he's asleep turn 1, Drowzee disables ember, and I wake up turn 2, land an ancient power, and Drowzee misses his deam eater. I eat a confusion, and continue my ancient power assault, AAAANNNNDDDD asleep YET AGAIN!!! GARR, and now on 1 health, I can't risk it, and switch to AC/DC, and end this stupid drowzee with a flamethrower. ELsine selects Electrode as his next pokemon,and drops THUNDER OF ALL THINGS!, and now I'm paralyzed, so Super Potion time it is, aaanndd Electrode critical Thunders me....... I decide to revive Quilava and ate another thunder, RIP my team. First blackout in a while, all because I got careless, guess that is what I get, and with my confidence curtailed, off to Olivine, and I am SEVERELY under-leveled Right now.

Years
Ultra Sun Water Monotype - Update #4

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back