• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Mystic Edition

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Really liking the new tileset and OW, all of the colours are going together really well. I especially love the little mushrooms.

Also, is that title screen implying that we're going to be going to an underwater city to catch a Suicune? :O

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022

@Dr Fuji: The Suicune has a good amount to do with the main story but I don't want to spoil here. What I will say is that at least both of those assumptions are included in the game in someway...

I have been working diligently on getting these new hero/heroine done and tile-sets inserted and worked on.

Here are some photos showcasing what's been done. Also, a preview of the mystic realm which I sprited.

Photo_Collage_Mystic_Update.png

(Going to add these to the first post as well, so if this seems like I am reposting these pics, this is the reason...)

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Will you use diegoisawesome's D/P/Pt font text patch?

I am playing around with different text/textbox ideas. Still haven't decided what I will be using though for the final version.

Work for the day:

Animated forest shade tiles as well as dynamic palette changing for when the OW is in the shade.

Dynamic_Boi.gif

Last edited:
Years
Any plans on releasing a beta down the road or releasing the entire thing at once upon completion?

I love the new tiles you inserted into the game, can't wait to see more of it as you progress.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Any plans on releasing a beta down the road or releasing the entire thing at once upon completion?

I love the new tiles you inserted into the game, can't wait to see more of it as you progress.

I plan on releasing a beta once there is a good amount of gameplay. When the time is right I'll be looking for some beta testers as well.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Will the game be difficult? My only concern.

I want to make the game challenging and difficult in the sense that you will have to use technique and patience. It is a goal of mine to strike a balance between enjoyable/welcoming gameplay and hard/rewarding gameplay. Also through the feedback produced once a playable version is out, things like this will be easier for me to gauge.

Years
I want to make the game challenging and difficult in the sense that you will have to use technique and patience. It is a goal of mine to strike a balance between enjoyable/welcoming gameplay and hard/rewarding gameplay. Also through the feedback produced once a playable version is out, things like this will be easier for me to gauge.

Uh just realized the way I worded that may have sounded like I have a problem with difficulty. On the contrary I prefer Pokemon Fan Games / ROM Hacks to be extremely difficult. If it's not that much of a problem I think you could solve the problem between enjoyable/welcoming gameplay - hard/rewarding gameplay with different difficulties (Easy, Moderate, Hard). Although i'm not entirely sure how that is inputted into a game.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Uh just realized the way I worded that may have sounded like I have a problem with difficulty. On the contrary I prefer Pokemon Fan Games / ROM Hacks to be extremely difficult. If it's not that much of a problem I think you could solve the problem between enjoyable/welcoming gameplay - hard/rewarding gameplay with different difficulties (Easy, Moderate, Hard). Although i'm not entirely sure how that is inputted into a game.

I'll think about that idea, at the moment I am planning on making one version and on difficulty but I may release a 'hardcore' mode patch at some point...

Scripting has been going real well. I'm not gonna post anything outright that'd spoil things though until ready. For now here are some screenshots to ponder over...

123.png
345.png

Decagram

Pokèmon Adventures Special is the best
Years
I really like the tilesets in this rom hack, can't wait to play it :)

Years
I'll think about that idea, at the moment I am planning on making one version and on difficulty but I may release a 'hardcore' mode patch at some point...

Scripting has been going real well. I'm not gonna post anything outright that'd spoil things though until ready. For now here are some screenshots to ponder over...

123.png
345.png

Thanks for answering all my questions. Game looks beautiful.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
The tilesets including features down to the simplest things like the palette changes in shadows is amazing. I have a feeling this will be a wonderful game. Please keep up the work! I am impressed.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I know I ghosted this thread for a little while but it was for good reason.

Since this story was conceived by my 2010 self, there are some portions and plot points that just frankly make no sense to me now. Over the last couple weeks I have sat and thought out what was wrong, and the essence of the game is too similar to so many other hacks. It wasn't something that interested me as much anymore. So I began looking for inspiration in other sources, and through childhood nostalgia as well as a push for a new storyline, Mystic has become Mystic Dawn.

Mystic Dawn will comprise of the core elements of Mystic, including the Mystic realm, new region, and a few other things. But major changes have been made to the time period, overall setting of this region and more. In the next few weeks I will lay out further detail. But in order to wet your palate I will spare this for now and give a preview of our new hero and setting in Mystic Dawn...

Mystic_Dawn.png

So far, I have mapped out 3 towns, multiple routes, and began a bit of work on scripting. I am also getting better at inserting assembly routines and working with hex as well.

I hope I haven't disappointed anyone in this change, but I felt like it was something I had to do. Don't worry though, as stated above core principles will remain.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Post more maps in Discord pls. I can totally do more thorough reviews on them to help you out if you'd like. I'm excited to get my hands on this game at some point.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Here's a few screenshots of the new landscape style/buildings.

introducing_by_hockeypanda32-dc80myt.png

---
In regards to story line changes, I will divulge more this weekend as planned on that end. This world the game takes place in though originally has no pokemon, but something happens that changes that...

Back