• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sky Twilight Version

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hello,

I like this hack so far, especially the use of classic FRLG tileset, which I am big fan of. The story seems simple, yet entertaining; the level curve is optimal for smooth progressing without the need of infinite grinding, which is definitely a good thing. I also like the introduction of mega pokémon, which can be defeated for rewards.

But I also encountered several things that can be improved.
First of all, there is literally no water pokémon that can be taught Surf, aside from Mudkip. If players don't catch Wingull early in the game and train him (sorry, I don't count Magikarp as he can't train himself), they will have to spend hours trying to level him up later when they realize that there is no other alternative. This should be fixed considering Surfing is crucial to progress in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that I'm not.

Also, there are few tiles that shouldn't be/ should be walkable, but that's probably just slight graphic oversight and doesn't have any impact on the game whatsoever.
I don't care about pokédex being obsolete, but at least Town map should be updated ASAP, because it's really annoying to navigate. At least there is access to Fly early on.

Anyway, I'm already hyped for next release to see how the story with evil team will progress and if we get access to our own mega evolution. Keep up the good work.

LUXIOtheBEST

*Luxio//Hacks*'s New Account
Years
Hello,

I like this hack so far, especially the use of classic FRLG tileset, which I am big fan of. The story seems simple, yet entertaining; the level curve is optimal for smooth progressing without the need of infinite grinding, which is definitely a good thing. I also like the introduction of mega pokémon, which can be defeated for rewards.

But I also encountered several things that can be improved.
First of all, there is literally no water pokémon that can be taught Surf, aside from Mudkip. If players don't catch Wingull early in the game and train him (sorry, I don't count Magikarp as he can't train himself), they will have to spend hours trying to level him up later when they realize that there is no other alternative. This should be fixed considering Surfing is crucial to progress in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that I'm not.

Also, there are few tiles that shouldn't be/ should be walkable, but that's probably just slight graphic oversight and doesn't have any impact on the game whatsoever.
I don't care about pokédex being obsolete, but at least Town map should be updated ASAP, because it's really annoying to navigate. At least there is access to Fly early on.

Anyway, I'm already hyped for next release to see how the story with evil team will progress and if we get access to our own mega evolution. Keep up the good work.

Ahhhh, cool! Thank you so much. And I understand you, there's not many of Water-type Pokémon in the early game which is kind of an issue to some people (I think) and I'm working on the Town Map as well. Hopefully, I can fix all that for Beta 2.0.

LUXIOtheBEST

Years
Hey! Does the hack contain the pyshical special spilt.

Of course!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Small Update (26/03/18)...
RudJc4g.png

LUXIOtheBEST

Years
Updates 01/04/18 (Not an April Fool Joke btw)

Just letting you guys know that Beta 2.0 is just around the corner with many of features. I sure you guys will enjoy it.

Also, here's some screenshots:

fyuZ7Yg.png
2FEt0bS.png
fiDDYpB.png

And here's a video about Mega Evolution:

A little bonus screenshot:
tc58IYc.png

Credits to -
Fangking Omega - Snow tiles

Last edited:

LUXIOtheBEST

Years
Updates 02/04/18

At last! Beta 2.0 has finally been released. I've tried my best to fix everything as possible (I definitely fixed the Day Care so you can now have 6 Treeckos on your team).

Just letting you guys know that this Beta will allow you to obtain seven gym badges and will end in Camellias Island. I hope you guys enjoy this Beta and make sure to report if I've miss edited.

Btw, any suggestion for Beta 3.0?

NOTE: I still haven't done the Town Map as there are still other maps to be made so I can fix everything together.

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/knqf12q5g000rp8/PKMNSkyTwilightBeta2.0.rar

Last edited:
Years
This hack should be on ROM Hacks Studio now, as it already has content up to the 7th gym leader. Also is the Mega Evolution outside or inside the battle? If outside, is there a limit that can make you use only one Mega Evolved Pokémon you can use on your team?

LUXIOtheBEST

Years
This hack should be on ROM Hacks Studio now, as it already has content up to the 7th gym leader. Also is the Mega Evolution outside or inside the battle? If outside, is there a limit that can make you use only one Mega Evolved Pokémon you can use on your team?

Yeah, you're right. This hack should be on ROM Hack Studio now. And about your questions, the Mega Evolution is outside of the battle and there's not much limit that can make you use only one Mega Pokémon but anyways, more will be available in Beta 3.0 which may take place in the post-game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
So what pokemon can learn surf in this game cause I didn't go with mudkip and have no water types

LUXIOtheBEST

Years
So what pokemon can learn surf in this game cause I didn't go with mudkip and have no water types

Well overall, there's many of water-types that can use surf. But if you think about the early side of this hack, then I suggest either goto...
  • Route 1 - Wingull
  • Route 4 - Slowpoke
  • Route 6 - Marill
You could find those Pokémon in the tall grass.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 15, 2018
Now i'm done playing the beta 2 and i can say that it's a great hack. I hope you will change the sprite of hero and heroine.

Back