• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon Exile [1.0 Beta Demo (Remastered, 8 hrs)]

Which fossil starter do you think will have the coolest Primal Reversion?

• Aurorus

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • Tyrantrum

Votes: 104 70.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
Well, this bug seems very odd... I'll look into it. I think it might have to do with the game trying to allow following Pokemon when there are none currently with you.

got it fixed, just started new game and it didn't crash.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Either increase capture rate for Turtwig or remove him from the beginning because this is just BS.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja Ability Protean does not work. It's not changing the type when I choose like Lick

Also, you're trade swap is funky. I traded my machoke to evolve it, but when I traded it back it had a different ID number even though trainer stayed the same. Now it won't listen

And Aurorus, when it evolved from Amaura at level 40 (Cuz wasn't night time for level 39) It seemed to have dropped back 3 levels to level 37

Last edited:

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, sorry for the lack of updates on the game progress lately. I've been booked with school and many other things, but I've also been doing some important debugging and scripting for some new features that I hope will make this game stand out in the next release.

Here's the main feature that I'm working on right now:

Introducing... the ArcNav!

The Arc Nav is a tool that players can use to hunt for rare species of Pokémon that inhabit the Rakosa Region. This feature allows for players to chain for shiny/special Pokémon and complete the Rakosa Archeo-Pokédex, the official regional Pokédex of the Rakosa Region! The ArcNav works almost exactly like the DexNav from ORAS, but with a few mechanic changes and a custom animated HUD look. Currently, the ArcNav is scheduled to be implemented in the next update: Beta 1.0.

I've also added a custom menu (in B/W style) to easily toggle the Arcnav HUD and access other menu items easily. Take a look below and post your feedback if you feel so inclined!

Dm6HrVY.png

-PokeVec40

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Ok, sorry for the lack of updates lately. Progress has been slow over the holidays, but now that it's a new year I guess It's time to give the whole game a facelift before the next release. Admittedly this may severely delay the release date, but believe me, it will be worth it!

I'll update later with more info.
Thanks,
-PokeVec40

Years
Hi! I've just ended demo. Story so far has been really insteresting :) and I hope it will continue like that. (being "the child of the prophecy" is always nice.) though, I have a few questions:
1.Will Natu be available?
2.Are there other fossils in excavation zone beside Dome fossil? (or is it just my luck?)
3.There are some laggy places in the game, especially at the begining... and also, after activating main quests my pokemon stopped following me, can I fix it somehow?
4.Also about e.z, will old slag be just a trash? (because I don't know what to do with it. :|)
Sorry if I'm asking for too much.. anyway, good luck in making this amazing fangame ;)

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
So far, I'm enjoying the demo quite a bit, but how long are you supposed to wait for the trade swap exactly? I have been waiting for a few hours now, but I'm still not able to get my Electabuzz back so that it can evolve into an Electivire.

Also, since primal reversions are the thing for fossils, what will happen to Aerodactyl? Is it gonna keep its mega and have a primal reversion or will it be changed to a primal reversion?

Before I forget, are you able to get any other fossils else besides the Helix and Dome fossils from the excavation zone?

Last but not least, are you able to get a dusk stone in the demo?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
So far, I'm enjoying the demo quite a bit, but how long are you supposed to wait for the trade swap exactly? I have been waiting for a few hours now, but I'm still not able to get my Electabuzz back so that it can evolve into an Electivire.

Also, since primal reversions are the thing for fossils, what will happen to Aerodactyl? Is it gonna keep its mega and have a primal reversion or will it be changed to a primal reversion?

Before I forget, are you able to get any other fossils else besides the Helix and Dome fossils from the excavation zone?

Last but not least, are you able to get a dusk stone in the demo?

You have to wait 24h for the trade swap and you can get a dusk stone. It's in the clock tower somewhere as far as i recall.

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
You have to wait 24h for the trade swap and you can get a dusk stone. It's in the clock tower somewhere as far as i recall.

Thanks! If the dusk stone is in the clock tower, it seems like I have to keep progressing the story or find a side quest of some kind. I have looked everywhere I can go in there, and the only place it can be now is behind that mysterious door... Or perhaps I missed a spot somewhere.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
Thanks! If the dusk stone is in the clock tower, it seems like I have to keep progressing the story or find a side quest of some kind. I have looked everywhere I can go in there, and the only place it can be now is behind that mysterious door... Or perhaps I missed a spot somewhere.

As far as i remember, it's somewere in the tower. I used a Chandelure so i needed that stone :D

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Hey, thanks for posting you guys, I'm glad to see you are enjoying the alpha of the game!

As far as i remember, it's somewere in the tower. I used a Chandelure so i needed that stone :D

You can find a dusk and dawn stone in the clocktower chamber, which is the area accessible past the mysterious door. Unfortunately, you need the Old Key to access this area, which is only obtainable at the end of the current alpha release. However, there also is a small chance that if you talk to your following Pok?mon it will be holding a dusk stone. I believe there is a 5% chance that the item your Pokemon picks up will be a dusk stone.

Also, the availability of fossil Pok?mon and primal reversions was mentioned:
Currently, the player can only obtain the dome and helix fossil at the excavation site. In the upcoming beta release, this will probably be changed along with several other things to make more fossils available. Also, there are no primal reversions for fossil pokemon currently implemented in the game. The only implemented and obtainable primal reversions from the alpha release are listed below (spoiler warning).
Spoiler:

Some of you mentioned issues with your following Pok?mon. If you ever encounter this problem, just open the options menu and toggle "disable following Pok?mon" on and off while in the game. This should reset them.

Finally, I would also like to extend a thanks to everyone who has been keeping up with the game. I am currently working very hard to get the Beta 1.0 release out as soon as possible, and many of the glitchy features in the alpha release will be fixed. To help spread the hype for the new release, here's a quick snapshot of a re-sprite that I did. It's gonna be in the upcoming beta!

(**Spoiler warning for those who have not played through the alpha ;)**)
Spoiler:

-PokeVec40

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Hey!

I am trying to play the game but for some reason when I try to open it i get this error, would appreciate some help with it :)

Script 'Sprite_Resizer' line 16:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `*' for nil:NilClass

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Hey!

I am trying to play the game but for some reason when I try to open it i get this error, would appreciate some help with it :)

Script 'Sprite_Resizer' line 16:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `*' for nil:NilClass

Thanks for the bug notice. I'm not exactly sure what may be the issue here...
If the bug notice comes up right when you try to open the game window, it could maybe be due to some issue with the screen sizes in options. If the error appears when you try to start a save file or something, let me know it may be a script startup issue. I'll do some testing and see if I can find out what the issue is.
-PokeVec40

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Yo, so after a long time of trying to get the game working I finally did it. Its working and I completed it.

So first of all the game is really well made, great starter choises (unique), really interesting story, also those little things that are in the game such as trading and fighting to train your pokemons in the pokemon center making it very enjoyable.

Some bugs/errors i have encountered:
1) when you fight and beat a dedenne there is an error comming up, doesnt affect the game as far as I am aware but error nontheless.
2) when I started the game and got amaura following me (I also had the screen on large) instead of one I had 2 amauras following me.
3) When I entered the poison gym with my pokemon following me and went to talk to the gym instructor the game crash and I think it said something about the pokemon following me (thats why i mentioned it). therefore I disabled it for a while
4) When I was in the rock climbing forest route (on the bridge part) when I activated the feature of "disable following pokemon" to make my pokemon follow me once again for a dusk stone I needed I got stuck and couldnt move across the bridges (the game didnt freeze or got stuck but I couldnt get on the bridges for some reason, like invis wall)

Last thing that isnt a bug or error at all. Its just some critisism about one thing, the primal evolution thingy is really cool and the klinklang sprite does look really good, though the solrock one does look a bit weird and like it needs to be a bit more polished.

Overall a fantastic game and I cant wait for the next update!

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Hey everyone, it's PokeVec40 here again. I hope you all are excited for this new reboot of Pok?mon Exile. Two years ago, it was brought to my attention that the production rate of this game was quite excellent, releasing new updates and content at a rapid pace. Quite frankly, however, the game's graphical and storyline quality suffered as a result. Thus, I decided to remake Pok?mon Exile with better graphics, better maps, and better plot development. Unfortunately, this is why it's been two years (can you all believe it?) since my last released update. This new release, Beta 1.0 is unfortunately much shorter than the last alpha release since the remastering process has not yet caught up to the length of the previous release. Beta 1.0 currently ends in Sandrune Town, after the player explores Sanctuary Island, with a play through time of approximately 8 to 9 hours. Also, since many new plot elements and features were introduced in this release, save files may not be transferred over from alpha 0.8.

I'm not going to lie, the remastering process is slow and difficult, especially since I'm the sole developer of this project. Nevertheless, I am doing my best to stay on track to maybe one day release the full game. Now that I'm entering my second year of college, things are going to get tough and release dates may be pushed back farther than anticipated. From here forward, you all have my word that I will be doing my very best to not only produce a game that is long, but also a game that has depth, personality, and graphical quality. I wish you all the best, and I hope you enjoy the new reboot of Pok?mon Exile!

-- PokeVec40.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Trying out the new demo you talked about I had a game breaking bug occur trying to talk to mom after starting a new game. The game locked up and froze for no apparent reason, and somehow appeared to affect my computer's performance in turn. Might wanna look into that.

EDIT: The crash didnt occur ont he second attempt, apparently it was one of those freak accidents. Not sure what could have caused it though. But it might be worth still looking at. Also I got a crash listening to one of the songs in the jukebox. I cant remember which one right now.

Last edited:
Back