• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pet Thread!

Years
Edit, Oct 25th - let's turn this into a pet photo thread :fufu:

See title.

I have two cats, Smoky Quartz and Jasper.

We got Smoky on May 1, 2017. It was a few days after we had put down our other cat (due to an advanced case of mouth cancer), and I was just kinda browsing local shelters/rescues/etc. in the area to maybe find another cat. Part of me felt like I should wait, but...it was really rough being home alone without Shadow.

So, on a whim, my friend and I go to PetCo. There are two cats in the cat room - Bullet & Smoky. Bullet is super affectionate, and tries too hard to get attention. Smoky, however, is hiding in the back of her kennel/cage as this couple tries to get her to play with them. They even tried picking her up - and she started howling at them. After they "ooh-ed" and "aww-ed" over Smoky a bit more, they offered me the chance to look at her. I walked up and took the first picture I have in the album for her, and held out my hand. She immediately warmed up to me, and I knew this was the cat we had to adopt.

Meanwhile, the couple was talking to the cat room attendant, asking if they thought Smoky might be there for a few days - they're about to go out of town, and want to adopt her when they get back.

....So, naturally, I send my boyfriend a text message, and tell him that he HAS to come to PetCo the next day to meet this cat.

The rest is history, tbh. She quickly adapted to life in our apartment. She's super vocal, opinionated, and very dramatic. I wouldn't have her any other way.

Jasper...was kind of an impulse decision. On October 11, 2017, I was finishing up at the doctor when I got a text message from one of our friends. Turns out, her mom found a kitten in a company truck, and wanted to make sure it got to a good home. My boyfriend initially was against it, but after we saw a picture, he changed his mind.

I picked him up, and immediately took him to PetSmart to get him a few basic necessities.

He peed on me. :( It was gross. But, whatever. He was a timid kitten.

I got him home, gave him a bath, and quickly got him acquainted with the apartment. It took a few days to get him used to being indoors, i.e. using a litter box, etc.

Smoky, however, was PISSED. It took a month and a half to stop hissing and running away from Jasper. I wouldn't say they're best buddies, but they definitely coexist.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? Do you have pets? If so, post pics and tell how you got them :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I have 2 cats and a dog

This is my dog
Spoiler:

Also, I want a pet turtle

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I had a dog called Douglas and now I have a little cat named whose name hasn't been decided yet.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I used to have three goldfish, called Tom, Tom and Jerry. Before that, I had two goldfish, called Tom and Jerry. Before even that, I had two more goldfish, also called Tom and Jerry. Each time, Tom died first, so the last time we decided to play it safe and buy a back-up Tom, which would be child abuse if you treated kids that way, but in the end Jerry died first that time, so we just had two fish called Tom and Tom.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Those are adorable! I'm wishing I had at least one of my cats still.

Years
So this is Luna. Roughly a year and a half old, I can't be bothered to do the math right now.

Spoiler:

Picture taken just earlier today of her taking a brief break from enjoying her new toy.

I got her back around the middle of last August from a local shelter, a little over a week after my last cat died due to heart failure (of which what happened still haunts me from time to time even now). While my last cat had been foisted as a young kitten upon me - seriously, they tried doing it hush-hush so no one could protest before he was given to me - I really wanted any future cats to come from a shelter, and so there we went.

We actually went twice. The first day we went it was packed, as they were doing some kind of event related to adopting kittens and it would have been a several-hour wait to be able to interact with a cat. Okay, no problem, we just came back several days later. This particular cat, we had seen her the time before but didn't think much of her. The second time, as we were passing by her cage, she actually meowed at us when she saw us. That was enough for us to be like "okay, why not see what she's like?"

And yep, ended up going home with her. Don't regret it one bit.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Our boy cat is Senusret III, named after the old Senusret and his son that I kept growing up who looked the same as he did. Our girl cat is named Inyotef II, a name recycled because it's easy and is borrowed from the same lineage Senusret I was in.

Senusret III was initially named Threesret growing up, after his mother named Twosret - Inyotef is his only remaining sibling, formerly called Foursret. They had two more siblings named Fivesret and Sixsret, who were given away last Christmas.

Their names change once they mature, since the numeresque nomenclature is used for every litter a mama cat has. Twosret's sister Seti had kittens on my 20th birthday, which are Setef, Setjee, Seteich, Setai, and until the other day (RIP) Setjei.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Yes.

I have my dog. His name is Simba :)

His breed is a shiba inu.

...He's my rival when it come's to being 'cute' in the real world, too! :P haha

(Korrina is my number one cuteness rival since I have a huge crush on her anyways xD)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I don't have pets myself, but I am essentially a cat magnet and get accosted by several feline friends wherever I go.

I regularly look after my neighbors' pets too. Cats or dogs, but mostly cats.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
These are all so adorable!

I've owned many animals in my lifetime. 1 dog, 4 cats, 8 rabbits, 4 guinea pigs, 2 budgies, 3 rats, 5 goldfish, and a dozen mice!

Now the only ones remaining are three of the guinea pigs, the two budgies and one rat. I've always loved animals; passionately so. I become so attached simply by looking at them! :')

I'll have pictures to show a bit later. <3

Acerola

Tʀɪᴀʟ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ | Eʟɪᴛᴇ Fᴏᴜʀ
Years
Aaahh! These threads are my favorite because I legit never shut up about my animals.
I have three cats, two lizards, and a turtle! They're all the loves of my life. /sniffsniff

TY

Currently we have one small dog. Probably will have more once I move on my own xD

Sirfetch’d

I have a few pets! I have a cat and dog inside named Christos and Pluto respectively. They are the center of my world and I very much enjoy everything about them. I also have a few outside cats that were abandoned by someone a few years back. They are still kind of shy towards people but are getting better!

Back