• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years

Oh dear...looks like this situation calls for a YGO-style solution: miraculous topdeck time!

The Ultimate Showdown

Normal Spell

You may only activate this card if your opponent has come up with a broken fake card or made an atrocious amount of misspellings when posting on a Pokémon forum. Have a slapfight with your opponent; the winner of the slapfight wins the duel.

Play that and sort out your differences, because children's card games solve all the world's problems.

Anyway, the point about the banlist was pretty silly: none of those cards started out banned, you know; it's just that they later turned out imbalanced because YGO players were far better at exploiting the effects than the creators thought. The ones you made (aside from being practically incomprehensible in the first place) are clearly broken like nothing has been broken before and would never have made it into print in the first place. We aim for stuff that wouldn't get banlisted here, because broken cards are no fun. Joke cards are an exception, but those need to at least take a proper shot at being funny. That is all.

Gabri

m8
Years
How many days was I out of here? (And I think some of you think it's better for me to do not come here XD)

Well, anyways, two new cards:

Overcharge
Field Magic Card

All Thunder-type monsters on the field have their ATK increased by 700. Their ATK keeps increasing by 700 until the 3rd turn this card is active. At the end of the 3rd turn, this card and the monsters affected by this card are destroyed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overheat
Field Magic Card

All Pyro-type monsters on the field have their ATK increased by 700. Their ATK keeps increasing by 700 until the 3rd turn this card is active. At the end of the 3rd turn, the monsters affected by this card have their ATK decreased by 2500.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Actually, I'd think a better name would be "Overheating Zone" and "Overcharging Zone". Meh, Limiter-removal type effects work, and there aren't a huge number of Thunder or Pyro monsters out there in conventional play. (And AE's Thunder monsters have a set strategy anyway.)

Moving on from there...

The Title of Infidel
Equip Spell
All monsters on the field must attack the equipped monster during the battle phase. The equipped monster is not destroyed by battle. Destroy the monster equipped with this card if it is in defense position.

Meh, Don't know about that one. Moving on...

Dominance Battalion
Monster/Warrior/Earth/Effect/4*
Atk 1800/ Def 900
When this monster is special summoned, destroy one card on the field. If this monster is removed from the field, draw one card.

Reinforcing Battalion
Monster/Warrior/Effect/Earth/4*
Atk 900/ Def 1800
This monster is normal summoned in defense position. If you special summoned a warrior type monster during your last turn or the turn this monster was summoned, inflict five hundred points of direct damage on your opponent for each monster on your side of the field.

Archer's Battalion
Monster/Warrior/Wind/Effect/3*
Atk 1200/ Def 900
This monster cannot be declared as an attack target if there is another warrior-type monster on your side of the field. By discarding one card from your hand, this monster may attack your opponent directly.

Cannon Battalion
Monster/Warrior/Fire/Effect/5*
Atk 2100/ Def 1000
Tribute one warrior-type monster on your side of the field in order to summon this monster from your deck or graveyard (This is considered a tribute summon). By paying one thousand life points and discarding one card from your hand, destroy one card on the opponent's side of the field.

Not so much a decktype as spammable monsters for warrior decks. I like.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
The Title of Infidel: Excuse me, but...how the heck can you attack something at the end of the battle phase? o.O Also, that last part should be "If the monster equipped with this card is in Defense Position, destroy it. I can see Amazoness Swordswoman having a lot of fun with this one, especially since the new format is a lot lighter on face-up attack position removal. x3

Dominance Battalion: Can we say overkill? It's a beatstick-size monster with a no-strings-attached self-replacement effect and a free destruction effect as well? Whoa, just whoa...you do realize what this thing can do in combination with stuff like Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane, right? o.o Yeah...if you split those effects into two separate monsters we might slowly be approaching the 'not broken' zone. As it is, this card does some seriously crazy things in combination with Begone, Knave! and Marauding Captain. (Ahh...can't you just see marauding cappy dropping this one down to clear your opponent's defensive monster then both smacking the opponent for damage and then returning to your hand to be used again, while netting a free card in the process? Because I can.)

Reinforcing Battalion: Looks sort of weak to me. 1800 Def isn't all that hot on a monster that has virtually no attacking ability and that burn effect pretty meager compensation.

Archer's Battalion: Shouldn't that be Archers' Battalion (As in, the plural possessive of archer) or just Archer Battalion? It's fair enough, I guess, and good direct attackers are hard to come by. I'd imagine you want these in threes with a copy of The A. Forces in your back row. :3

Cannon Battalion: In terms of Special Summoning, it looks like the slightly inferior cousin of Manticore of Darkness. The destruction effect, on the other hand, is too expensive to be useful, really.

Aaaanyhow, a bit of a mixed bag this time around:

Dual Draw
Normal Spell

Until your second End Phase after this card's activation, both players draw a card during each of their opponent's Draw Phases as well as their own.

Ritual of Reincarnation
Ritual Spell

Special Summon a number of monsters from your opponent's Graveyard whose combined level stars are exactly equal to the level stars of a Ritual Monster in your Graveyard to your opponent's Field in order to Special Summon the Ritual Monster from your Graveyard (This is treated as a Ritual Summon). The selected Ritual monster may not use any of its card effects on the turn it's summoned by this effect. You may only select a number of monsters from your opponent's Graveyard up to the number of unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your opponent's Field.

Time Distortion
Normal Spell

Discard one Spell Card from your Hand in order to activate this card, then declare one phase of a turn. The next time you reach the declared phase, you may perform it twice. Then, on your turn after performing the declared phase twice, skip the declared phase.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Dominance Battalion: Can we say overkill? It's a beatstick-size monster with a no-strings-attached self-replacement effect and a free destruction effect as well? Whoa, just whoa...you do realize what this thing can do in combination with stuff like Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane, right? o.o Yeah...if you split those effects into two separate monsters we might slowly be approaching the 'not broken' zone. As it is, this card does some seriously crazy things in combination with Begone, Knave! and Marauding Captain. (Ahh...can't you just see marauding cappy dropping this one down to clear your opponent's defensive monster then both smacking the opponent for damage and then returning to your hand to be used again, while netting a free card in the process? Because I can.)

Looks about even with Card Trooper to me, actually. Both get a free draw, but while Card Trooper lets you mill for a dump/revive or whatever, this thing just destroys a card when Special Summoned. Just Normal Summon it and you get nothing. About even...

Reinforcing Battalion: Looks sort of weak to me. 1800 Def isn't all that hot on a monster that has virtually no attacking ability and that burn effect pretty meager compensation.

Uh...2000+ damage for a 1800 wall? That blocks most non-tributes, AE, so it isn't that bad...

Archer's Battalion: Shouldn't that be Archers' Battalion (As in, the plural possessive of archer) or just Archer Battalion? It's fair enough, I guess, and good direct attackers are hard to come by. I'd imagine you want these in threes with a copy of The A. Forces in your back row. :3

It also works in a lock with Command Knight (who also boosts ATK for the direct attack ;) )

Cannon Battalion: In terms of Special Summoning, it looks like the slightly inferior cousin of Manticore of Darkness. The destruction effect, on the other hand, is too expensive to be useful, really.

May I remind you, Alter Ego, that Manticore only gets Special Summoned from the Graveyard? A better analogy would probably be "This is to Forest Guard Green Baboon what Blowback Dragon is to Barrel Dragon." Also, it forms a brand new version of the Manticore-Exodia OTK. All those extra cards would also help with the destruction effect, now only limited by your LP total.

Aaaanyhow, a bit of a mixed bag this time around:

Dual Draw
Normal Spell

Until your second End Phase after this card's activation, both players draw a card during each of their opponent's Draw Phases as well as their own.

Nothing to say here.

Ritual of Reincarnation
Ritual Spell

Special Summon a number of monsters from your opponent's Graveyard whose combined level stars are exactly equal to the level stars of a Ritual Monster in your Graveyard to your opponent's Field in order to Special Summon the Ritual Monster from your Graveyard (This is treated as a Ritual Summon). You may only select a number of monsters from your opponent's Graveyard up to the number of unoccupied Monster Card Zones on your opponent's Field.

Hmm...two 4-stars for a Demise that'll send them to the Graveyard anyway? All I can say is LOL.

Time Distortion
Normal Spell

Discard one Spell Card from your Hand in order to activate this card, then declare one phase of a turn other than Draw Phase or Standby Phase. During the turn this card is activated, you may perform the declared phase twice. During your next turn after this card is activated, skip the declared phase.

Time Distortion is definitely food for an OTK, if not one on its own. I can't see any phase called other than "Battle Phase" which would give you two tries to kill your opponent. Game over. If your opponent doesn't have Mirror Force ready to conter you, you probably win.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Something that can't wall Trooper or vanilla four-stars is not really a wall, imo. :\

Also, Dominance is hardly even; trooper only gave you a draw if and only if it was destroyed. This one, however, will pay itself back no matter how it's removed from the field (this includes being tributed). Also, while Trooper was vulnerable to attack on the opponent's turn, Dominance Battalion remains at 1800 Atk without using an effect of any kind and isn't nearly as impaired by Skill Drain (Heck, battalions on the field aren't affected at all). Also, trooper never got to play Mini-Zaborg just because you got Marauding Captain or Premature Burial (And incidentally: try throwing Inferno Reckless Summon in on top of that). That's quite a bit of advantages stacked in the battalion's favor, not going into the recursion and search effects its granted by virtue of being a Warrior type.

As for the cannon; ehh...I admit that it's stronger, but only because it can be pulled at any time. The cannon battalion still costs you field presence, unlike Manticore which could fuel its effect with cards from your hand. My point about the destruction effect still remains, though considering the pretty insane special summon (Seriously, I didn't notice it could pop out from the deck too <.<)...I honestly don't know what to call it. >.<

Aaaanyway, just because I don't want to leave this without adding something:

Cruel Vice
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated when you receive Battle Damage as the result of a Direct Attack declared by your opponent. Equip the monster that inflicted the damage with this card. While this card is on the Field, all Monster Card Zones on your opponent's Field are considered to be occupied and the monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute and may not change its Battle Position. When the monster equipped with this card is removed from the Field, this card is destroyed.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Dominance Battlion- It's mild compare to trooper, but the fact that it's warrior (pull-able by RotA) makes it stronger at the same time. The draw effect is insanely hard to come by unlike trooper's draw. The destruction effect is what we're looking at. High attack and friendly to special summon, which really revives the swarming ability of warriors without using recruiters. I think it's fine, really. You can't just throw this randomly and expect premature/call of the haunted to be enough to use this card, unlike trooper's draw or dump ability. You need to build slightly around it.

Reinforcing- Trooper is like THE only non-tribute who can run it over nowadays anyway. If it can survive zombie master and stratos, it's fine to me XD Either way, the burn is relatively mild unless you dedicate yourself to it... however, I think warriors always lacked burn support >>; If I need to special summon warriors just to pull off around 1000-1500 burn, I'll rather do something else with warriors (and use other kinds of warrior walls.)

Archer Battlion- what they said

Cannon- I also think it's purely Exodia material, and ban-worthy. It's not overly difficult to get out, along with infinite loop no matter how you look at it. As long as you can get just ONE copy on the field, just keep tributing cannons for cannons... Screw the destruction if you get one out. You won already. Manticore is nowhere near as fast because cannon only needs one copy, and it doesn't force your deck to use a certain type of attribute too (thus promoting cyber dragon, so Exodia can have some form of beatstick to live by while you're drawing for Cannon)

Dual Draw- fair enough

Ritual Reincarnation- yeah all it got is Demise written all over it >>;

Time Distortion- exactly, you'll only ever call battle phase (main phase not long enough, lol?) I don't see a reason why not allow draw phase though, then you only get a weaker version of reckless greed ^^; Either way, it's pure Time Distortion OTK on how to clear the field and then use this to attack multiple times. It's pretty evil. 1 spell card discard isn't too bad in order to make Cyber Dragon a 4200 direct attack >>; Basically, pretend it's a non-quick play limiter removal for all kinds of monsters (I see double attack as almost the same, but just slightly weaker, as double attack power)

Cruel Vice- ultimate lock that all burn decks will run unless they are insane...? o_O; if even LLAB or GB are down to 1... i dunno about this one o_o;

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Cannon- I also think it's purely Exodia material, and ban-worthy. It's not overly difficult to get out, along with infinite loop no matter how you look at it. As long as you can get just ONE copy on the field, just keep tributing cannons for cannons... [S-HIGHLIGHT]Screw the destruction if you get one out.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] You won already. Manticore is nowhere near as fast because cannon only needs one copy, and it doesn't force your deck to use a certain type of attribute too (thus promoting cyber dragon, so Exodia can have some form of beatstick to live by while you're drawing for Cannon)

All you actually really need is a Warrior to get the first cannon out, actually, and that can be gotten out with RotA...add in Card of Safe Return to finish the Exodia OTK (FTK, actually, since there's no waiting until the End Phase, either), the traditional attack stoppers, and...

...I just made a new decktype. XD

Time Distortion- exactly, you'll only ever call battle phase (main phase not long enough, lol?) I don't see a reason why not allow draw phase though, then you only get a weaker version of reckless greed ^^; Either way, it's pure Time Distortion OTK on how to clear the field and then use this to attack multiple times. It's pretty evil. 1 spell card discard isn't too bad in order to make Cyber Dragon a 4200 direct attack >>; Basically, pretend it's a non-quick play limiter removal for all kinds of monsters (I see double attack as almost the same, but just slightly weaker, as double attack power)

Or perhaps wanting an extra few minutes to think your move over in a tournament? "Oh, I'm running out of time? I play Time Distortion. Now shut up while I think." LOL

("Screw your money, I have a cannon!!!!!") *cough*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Alright, already...

I changed the ritual so Demise won't nuke on the turn its summoned by it.

As for Time Distortion...well, first off; getting to perform your Main Phase twice would mean 1) Getting an extra Normal Summon or Set and 2) Getting to use any "one during each Main Phase" again, both by my own effect ruling which I add right now. Also, the exclusion of Draw and Standby Phase was there because it's a Normal Spell, meaning that those phases would have ended by the time you got to play that card. Meh, I changed the wording to accommodate the change.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Summoning again is the most valid but then again we got Double Summon to do that already... The reusing effects of once per turn sort of thing did escape me, but I doubt that it can be as game breaking as double battle phase o_O;

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Alright, I swapped around some wording for cannon, so it's still pullable from anywhere, but now it's considered a tribute summon, not a special summon, so it can't be comboed for card of safe return for Exodia FTK. So, that's pretty much it.

Oh, somethng else that came to me eariler. XD

Mage Battalion
Monster/4*/Spellcaster/Light/Effect
Atk 1600/ Def 1200
This monster's type is also considered to be "Warrior". Once per turn, by skipping your draw phase you may add one spell card that mentions warrior or spellcaster type monsters in its text from your deck to your hand.

Beast-Rider Battalion
Monster/Beast-Warrior/Earth/Effect/4*
Atk 1800/ Def 1000
This monster's type is also considered to be "Warrior". This monster can and must attack all monsters on the opponent's side of the field.

Battalion Corps. of Engineers
Monster/Warrior/Earth/Effect/4*
Atk 0000/ Def 2200
This monster is normal summoned in defense position. When this monster is destroyed as the result of a card effect, add one warrior or machine type monster from your deck to your hand.

B. Corps of Engineers is major love for Cyber Dragon, and it makes Zombie very mad. XD

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mage Battalion: So basically we're searching for Reinforcement, Warrior Returning Alive or The A.Forces, eh? Well, fair enough. This adds some pretty crazy searchability if you have Freed (the general, mind you, not the brave wanderer) out as well. :3

Beast-Rider: Good, definitely, almost tempted to say too good, but the must attack clause is a nice touch. *Shrug* Works for me.

Engineers: Ohh...it does a lot more than just pull dragon. Instant fetch of Jinzo, Cyber Phoenix, or Card Trooper, anyone? Plus, it's a very formidable wall. In all fairness, maybe make it so that it only gets its effect it's "destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as the result of card effect"? It's a bit hefty that not even Crossout can circumvent it.

As for the cannon...I'd still call it limited since the ability to jump out from anywhere at virtually any given time is pretty crazy.

Aaaanyway:

Royal Magician
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1500 Atk / 700 Def

Once per turn, if "Court of Nobles" is on your Field you may discard one card from your Hand (This is treated as an activation cost). If you discarded a Spell card, select one Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it. Otherwise, select one face-up Spell or Trap card on the Field and destroy it.

Royal Spy
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

While this card is face-up on your Field, you may look at each card your opponent draws. While "Court of Nobles is on your Field, you may also look at any face-down card on your opponent's Field. (Flip effects are not activated)

Royal Sentry
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
700 Atk / 1900 Def

This card can be Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position. While "Court of Nobles" is on your Field, the Def of this card is increased by 300 and your opponent may not select any card on your Field except "Royal Sentry" as the target of an attack or card effect.

Royal Chaplain
Spellcaster/Light
1400 Atk / 1200 Def

While "Court of Nobles" is on your Field, you gain 500 Life Points each time a Spell Card is activated.

Royal Paige
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, add one Level four or lower "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster from your Deck to your Hand. If this card is destroyed by Battle and sent to the Graveyard while "Court of Nobles" is on the Field, you may Special Summon one "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster with an Atk of 1500 or less from your Deck.

Royal Legacy
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster on your Field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Select and activate one of the following:

* Draw a card. Then, if you have any "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monsters in your Hand, show one of them to your opponent in order to draw another card.
* Special Summon one level 5 or lower "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" monster from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Okay, yeah, maybe I ought to take a break from the royals. Let's see...xD

Anarchist Vandal
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1500 Atk / 800 Def

Control of this card can not be switched. When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) while there are more Spell or Trap cards on your opponent's Field than there are on yours, select one Spell or Trap card on your opponent's Field and destroy it.

Anarchist Mobster
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1500 Atk / 700 Def

Control of this card can not be switched. For each "Anarchist" monster on the Field, increase the Atk of this card by 300. When an "Anarchist" monster on your Field is destroyed, return this card to your Hand.

Anarchist Inciter
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1300 Atk / 0 Def

Control of this card can not be switched. When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) and there are more monsters on your opponent's Field than there are on yours, Special Summon "Anarchist" monsters from your Hand until both players have the same number of monsters on their Fields.

Anarchist Reformer
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1400 Atk / 300 Def

Control of this card can not be switched. When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon) while there are more cards in your opponent's Hand than there are in yours, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and shuffle it into his/her Deck.

Aaaand yeah, I'd come up with supports but I'm feeling lazy and unimaginative right now. xP

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Royal Magician- with the current lack of non-chainable ST that we got excluding skill drain burn which you can't use this effect anyway, the normal breaker will suffice... but then again, in anime/role play, we like thematic weak counterparts of staples like that ;p

Royal Spy- I honestly see no reason to use him except for role play purposes... just not enough stats for that effect.

Royal Sentry- pretty good defense card to use, protecting the fragile princesses. 1900 def is good already, and 2200 gives immunity to cyber dragon and all zombies besides the ryu kokki.

Royal Chaplain- Pikeru not healing enough? -.-;

Royal Paige- because a stratos effect isn't good enough, we also get a recruiter in the same body as stratos, which may make field spell card attractive to use again~ 3 of this with 2 creature swap asap for +2 CA combo >>;

Royal Legacy- I wonder if there's any reason to use the normal curran/pikeru anymore because getting princesses out directly is far easier (the way it should be done x.x) 2 card draw is always nice too.

Anachist Vandal- aka, destroy one spell/trap when you summon him... most of the time the opponent will have more anyway cause you probably chained your stuff to his/her summoning last time and etc.

Anachist Mobster- huh, if I lose another anachist, I lose this too? =( Better stay away from that...

Anachist Inciter- probably a central piece crucial to this new decktype

Anachist Reformer- I'll splash this into all my deck cause I like easy confiscation ;; (well, discard without looking at it but still). This will probably be heavily abused...

Antique Jar Collector
Spellcaster / effect
3 Star / Earth
600 Atk / 1500 Def

Flip: Search your deck for a card with "Jar" in its name and add it to your hand.

Spirit of Avarice
Fiend / Effect / Spirit
4 Star / Dark
1600 Atk / 1300 Def

[spirit text I'm lazy, sue me] When you activate "Pot of Avarice" while this card is on your side of the field, you may pay 1000 life points in order to select spell or trap cards instead of monster cards for the effect of "Pot of Avarice."

Depletion
Normal Spell

If a monster on your side of the field is removed from the field during this turn, send 3 cards from the top of your opponent's deck to the graveyard.

Cheque and Balance
Continuous Spell

When your opponent special summons a monster while you have no monsters in play, you may pay life points equal to the star level of the special summoned monster x 200 in order to special summon a monster on your side of the field from the hand.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Jar Collector: Well, easy pull for Morphing Jar or Dice Jar, but... meh no likee. I'm not a big jar fan.

Spirit of Avarice: Wooh, useful spirit card that gets sidedecked/maindecked for burn decks! Wow, I like this one a bunch.

Depletion: Spirit loves you, as do about sixteen million other card sets. Only pity is that it isn't continuous with a cost, so that Spirit Mill could come into play.

Balance: Well, since this card doesn't sound like it was made in America, I'll pass. Well, not really, since I enjoy the concept. You really like Spirit, don't you?

Grave Defender
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 0000/ Def 0000
This monster is not destroyed as a result of battle. When this monster is the top card in your graveyard, you may remove one monster of the same level star as an opponent's monster in order to negate its attack.

Fairie Wind
Counter Trap
When a fairy-type monster on your side of the field is declared as an attack target, negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster.

Unsealing the Beasts
Normal Spell
Send three continuous trap cards, spell cards, or fiend-type monsters from your deck to the graveyard. Special summon the appropriate monster from your hand, regardless of summoning conditions:
-Trap: Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
-Spell: Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
-Fiend: Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

Brigadoon
Field Spell
You and your opponent may only conduct your battle phase every other turn.

That last one is novelty, but you get the point. Just a few random support cards, and my latest attempt at making Sacred Beast a viable deck type.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Changed cost for Cheques and Balances to be 200 per star level instead, because summoning Dark Magician of Chaos through it is just mean XD; Also, cheques and balance can't summon spirit monsters cause they're... spirits. But yes, guess one way for you to use it is to use asura priest so your field is definitely empty of monsters anyway.

Grave Defender- er not sure about its effect, what does it do... like, remove what monsters in order to negate an attack?

Fairie Wind- it's not "countering" anything... but either way, sakuretsu armor for counter faeries, meh.

Unsealing the Beasts- fair enough, much easier to use now... it's going to be Raviel used most often for this card, cause 3 fiends ditched also means instant necrofear. Definitely makes sacred beasts to the tier 2 level which is a start.

Brigadoon- more specific details can help... cause there's many ways to count "every other turn" XD;

Support cards for a series based on Konami's own classical games, where some of those cards do not seem to be part of that series (but actually is) because Konami is so messed up with their own creation.

Lord British
Machine / Effect
5 Star / Water
2100 Atk / 1500 Def

You can summon this card without tributes if "Gradius" or "Victory Viper XX03" are on your side of the field. Once per turn, if "Gradius" or "Victory Viper XX03" is destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. If "Lord British" is destroyed while "Gradius" or "Victory Viper XX03" are on your side of the field, destroy one card on your opponent's side of the field.

Vic Viper T301
Machine / Effect
7 Star / Fire
2600 Atk / 2200 Def

Treat the name of this card as "Gradius." Activate the following effects depending on the number of cards in your hand:
1 card: When this monster destroys your opponent's monster as a result of battle, deal damage to the opponent's life points equal to the difference between the atk of this monster and the defense of the opponent's monster.
2 cards: Once per turn during your main phase, destroy one of your opponent's monster and send it to the graveyard. This card cannot attack during the turn it uses this effect.
3 or more: Negate the effects of effect monsters destroyed by "Gradius," "Gradius's Option," "Victory Viper XX03," "Option Token" or "Lord British" on your side of the field as result of battle.

Loop Restart
Normal Trap

When "Big Core" or a "B.E.S" monster is destroyed, special summon the monster in face up attack mode on your side of the field. Increase its Atk and Def by 400, and add 3 counters to the monster. Trap cards cannot chain to the activation of this trap card.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Grave Defender: Say the opponent attacks with a four star monster. I remove a four-star monster in the graveyard from play, and the attack is negated.

Brigadoon: Ah well, novelty card anyway. Of course, so are the spells I designed around it. XD

Fairie Wind: Negate attack can do it, so can this card.

Big Core additions: Meh. I hate Big Core anyway, so I'm not gonna comment. XD

Different Dimension Orc
Monster/Earth/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 1000/Def 1000
If this monster in your graveyard is removed from play, you may pay one thousand life points to special summon it in face up attack position on your side of the field. If you do so, the original attack of this monster becomes two thousand.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
Different Dimension Orc: I think it is alright.

Just one card:

Mystic Dragon
9 Stars
LIGHT/Dragon/Effect
ATK: 3500 / DEF: 2500

Effect: Destroy all DARK monsters on the opponent's field.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Different Dimension Orc: I think it is alright.

Just one card:

Mystic Dragon
9 Stars
LIGHT/Dragon/Effect
ATK: 3500 / DEF: 2500

Effect: Destroy all DARK monsters on the opponent's field.

...I'm going to have to call that one "broken" simply because of the existance of DNA Transplant (switch all monster's Attribute). With the cutting down of Spell-based monster removal, this'll be almost impossible to bring down, especially if it stays in Defense Position.

Anyway...I thought of some new cards overnight, to kind of continue on a very old idea:

Cyber-Stein #2
DARK/2 Stars
Machine/Effect
ATK: 600 DEF: 900
Pay either 4000 Life Points or half your total Life Points (whichever is greater) to Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower Ritual Monster from your hand, ignoring any summoning conditions. The monster summoned by this effect has its effect negated, cannot be Tributed under any conditions, and cannot be targeted by the effects of Spell or Trap Cards. You cannot activate this effect if you have less than 4000 Life Points.

The final line is added to prevent any problems with the cost that might arise at that point.

Cyber Jar #3
DARK/3 Stars
Machine/Effect
ATK: 700 DEF: 700
FLIP: Each player discards all Spell & Trap cards from his/her hand, then reveals the top card of his/her deck. If the revealed card is a Monster, add that card to its owner's hand. If the revealed card is a Spell or Trap card, send it to the Graveyard. Each player repeats this until he/she has 5 monsters in his/her hand.

Made for swarm, hurts almost everything else.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, easy way around that. Just change text to "all" monsters on the field, and autobreak is gone since it basically nukes itself.

CJ #3: But even swarm needs something in the hand to drop monsters. I personally stick with recruiters for searching. If I use this, I have to build the whole deck around it. The other problem is that the opponent is forced to do the same thing, so unless they play swarm as well they probably get significant mill and major loss of versatility. Yep, at least limited I'd say.

Advancing in Ranks
Normal Spell
Tribute one level four or lower warrior monster on your side of the field. Special summon one warrior monster from your deck with a higher level then the tributed monster.

Shared Suffering
Normal Trap
Activate this card when your opponent declares a direct attack. Negate the attack and end the battle phase, then reduce the life points of both players by half.

Pot of Complacency
Normal Spell
This card remains on your side of the field for two turns. As long as it remains on the field, you may not conduct your battle phase, and all effects that deal damage to either player are negated. When this card is sent to the graveyard by its own effect, draw two cards. This card is sent to the graveyard on the draw phase of your second turn after it is played.

Controlled Demon Unsealing
Normal Spell
Special summon one level four or lower "Parasite Demon" monster from your deck to your side of the field. The effects of the monster summoned by this card are negated.

AE ain't the only one with card supports. XD

Forceful Breath
Counter Trap
You may only activate this card when a level five or higher dragon-type monster on your side of the field is declared as an attack target. Negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster. Then, draw a card.

That last one is tossed in now that high-level dragon has become an (albeit not that much more playable) decktype in the new Dragon Revival deck, or whatever they call it in America and other English-speaking countries, as well as Horus and Armed Dragon centered decks, and also because dragon is one of my favorite types, yet I pay no attention to it. :3

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Lord British: Fair enough support, if only Gradius didn't...you know...suck?

Vic Viper T301: Ahh...some compensation for that problem. Too bad it's a high-level monster. ._. Still, this does make Gradius Option almost playable.

Loop Restart: Now this is pretty nasty, actually, provided that you get the cores out on the field. Now combine this with B.E.S. Covered Core and the lack of face-up monster removal in the format. >D Still, getting them out on the field in the first place is a bit of a hassle. Ah, well...

Cyber Stein #2: That last bit is really unnecessary. By ruling, if you pay more Life Points than you have then you lose the game, and the wording made it quite clear that the higher life point cost always takes precedence so there's no weaseling out of that one. Nice to see some more creative ways to get ritual monsters on the field. (Welcome to the era of the random ritual monsters =O) That spell and trap effect protection is pretty hefty, though. Throw in Skill Drain on top of that and you've got an invincible juggernaught out on the field.

Different Dimension Orc: Can we say Necrofear? Dump three of these for the special summon and you'll have over 8000 Atk's worth of muscle on the field. Otherwise it's pretty limited, though, so I don't see any serious issues here.

Cyber Jar #3: Meh, in all honesty it can bite just about any kind of deck if you've got a rough deal on the shuffle. Actually, the one that benefits most would be Vanilla Exodia. Screw that, you could make a decktype of this: 3x Cyber Jar#3, all bits and pieces of Exodia and the rest of the slots filled by stalling or deck filtering Spell and Trap cards. Throw in one copy Magical Blast and you won't outdeck yourself either. xD

Advancing in Ranks: Not that useful, to be honest...unless this is your sneaky way of trying to make Bladedge playable? Can't think of any other strong high-level warriors (At least ones that would benefit from being summoned this way). If this went for mid-level monsters instead, you could pull freed, though. =O

Shared Suffering: Screw Dogma, we just got a crazily more efficient way of halving our opponent's LP. Brutal...a bit too brutal, actually. Imagine this with Meltiel (preferably backed by Sanctuary)...slice your opponent's LP in half, wipe out a card from your opponent, then recoup 1000 LP's worth of your own losses all the while still enjoying Negate Attack's effect. Erm...yeah, limited if not banned, imo. Considering the activation requirements, I'd say it's more of a Counter-Trap too.

Pot of Complacency: First of all, this should be a Continuous Spell since it stays on the field. (In lieu with Nightmare's Steelcage and Swords of Revealing Light) And speaking of Steelcage...congratulations, you just turned it totally obsolete since this essentially a sexed up version of it. Not only does it give you complete protection for two turns, it also gives you +1 CA when it's done. Heck, it even gives you those draws if you discard it. Stall decks just can't lose with this. O_O Meh, at the very least restrict the draw effect so it only occurs if your opponent's card effect destroyed it, possibly so that your opponent gets to draw those cards if they leave it on the field. (Considering that it's still a souped-up Nightmare's Steelcage, I'd say that's only fair xP) I'd also like to point out that this isn't particularly pot-ish since it's continuous. (Even though you tried to disguise it as a Normal Spell) As it is, it's banlist material.

Controlled Demon Unsealing: Not that useful since most of the low-level parasites are wimpy. Also, considering how strapped the decktype already is for deckspace, I'd rather run another stall card in favor of a penalty-free Nefreeti.

Forceful Breath: Self-replacing Sakuretsu Armor with strings attached. Fair enough, I guess.

Aaanyhow, just a little something that struck my uninspired mind. xD Ritual monster theme! =D

Ritualist Channeler
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 600 Def

Tribute this face-up card on the Field to Special Summon one Level 4 or lower Ritual Monster from your Hand (This is treated as a Ritual Summon). When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed by battle, you lose 1000 Life Points.

Ritualist Soultrader
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1600 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, if this monster is face-up on your Field, you may select and activate one of the following:

*Show one Ritual Monster from your Hand to your opponent, then shuffle it into your Deck in order to draw a card.

*Send one monster card from your Hand to the Graveyard in order to add a Ritual Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Ritualist Warden
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
2100 Atk / 1600 Def

If "Ritual Sanctuary" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Ritual Sanctuary" from your Deck to your Hand.

Ritual Sanctuary
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, Ritual Monsters can be Ritual Summoned without using a Ritual Spell Card. You must still offer monsters from your Field or Hand whose combined level stars are greater than or equal to the level stars of the Ritual Monster you want to Summon. While there is at least one face-up Ritual Monster on the Field, this card can not be destroyed.

Eternal Banishment
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated by discarding one Spell Card from your Hand when your opponent Summons a monster (Including Flip Summon). Remove the summoned monster from play. If the card you discarded to activate this card was a Ritual Spell Card, your opponent may not summon any monsters with the same name as the monster removed from play by this effect or use any of their card effects for the remainder of the Duel.

Of course they'll also have their own ritual monsters. (To be unveiled in the next installment) Oh, and more supports and whatnot too. :3

Last edited:
Back