• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I review Pokemon Episodes

Rick Gastly

Memes Straight Outta 2007
Years
I've seen various clips about, and have read a lot about, the Pokemon anime, and I think it looks really good! So, because of that, I have decided to start reviewing various episodes.

I will NOT review every episode, only the ones that jump out as ones which will be interesting, for good or for ill (I have a MASSIVE tolerance for crap). So i won't be reviewing the oodles of "A guy has a problem and they solve it, while Team Rocket tries to catch Pikachu" cookie-cutter episodes. This will significantly reduce my workload, otherwise, i'd have to slog through NINE HUNDRED EPISODES... and by the time I finally finish more will air, this will allow me to catch up.

My reviewing template will be as follows:
- Song that describes this episode
- Introductory paragraph
- Body of review (Live comments while watching of various observations, good things, and bad things)
- Write-up
- How it stacks up in comparison to other episodes.

I'll review the first episode tonight. This should be fun.

Rick Gastly

Years
Here we go, the journey begins!
Pokemon Episode 1- "Pokemon, I Choose You"!
-- I know many will hate me for this, but The theme song was pretty bad. Sounds like 2nd-rate Bon Jovi. I made a mashup that synchs it up with the song "Prophecy" by Queensryche, it's really good!
+++: The episode starts with a Pokemon battle on GameBoy, which transitions seamlessly into a real Pokemon battle. Very nice, artistic animation choice. Could imagine lots of kids in 1998 being stunned.
++ The action scene was top-notch and exciting.
Pokemon battling is apparently an official sport. Wow. Imagine Pokemon at the Olympics! That would be a sight.
Gotta love the "panning over still image" background!
Ash is introduced, and he's using a crappy 1960s analog TV. Shows him as pathetic! His voice is also bad, very raspy and whispery.
Woah, was that JAPANESE TEXT? 4Kids usually edits that out!
Keep prononcing Pokemon wrong. It's POK-E-MON, not POK-A-MON.
+ Bulbasaur's face in the dream was good for a chuckle.
Gary Oak is introduced, and he also has a terrible voice, very annoying and whiny.
-- "The early bird catches the worm, or in this case, the Pokemon" very lame pun.
Pikachu is introduced! And he's so chubby and cute!
++ The shocking scene was funny, especially Oak's lame "Shocking, Isn't it!"
Wait, so Ash's mom is letting him leave? HE's TEN YEARS OLD! What a world.
Bad animation with the packing of all the supplies, only a few appeared!
++ Pikachu and Ash playing catch was another funny scene. I especially like how Pikachu goes "Pi...Ka...Chu".
+++ "Don't forget to change your underwear" says Ash's mom. Hilarious!
So Ash sets off. Anyone else think it's odd they're just letting a 10-year-old boy go like this? Or is it just me.
Man, the Pokedex has got 'tude, calling Ash "stupid" and all.
Pikachu's laughing was so cute! Though he is kind of a jerk.
Wow, Ash's throwing rocks at birds. That's pretty cruel.
++ Great action scene with Ash running away from the Spearows, tense and exciting.
+ Also, more nice artsy black and white animation from the Spearow's point of view.
Misty is introduced! Her voice is good, unlike all of the others.
Ash falls off his bicycle. This is apparently, when he falls into a coma. BUT I don't buy it, there's no evidence to prove that the rest is a coma fantasy, no sudden shifts. Plus, "Brock represents Ash's sexuality" and other stuff are just dumb. I declare this theory FAKE!
+++ The final action scene... WOW. The thunderstorm atmosphere, Ash's rousing speech, the artsy animation, the AMAZING orchestra music... WOW. Almost drove me to TEARS, and i'm not a very emotional person!
Closing Thoughts:
The narrator at the end said "Non-stop action, millions of laughs, heart-pounding peril, and always excitement". This episode sure lived up to that!
The episode, in case you've been living under a rock, was about Ash starting his Pokemon journey, getting a Pikachu, and having to run away from a flock of angry Spearows! The plot was fast-moving and exciting, even if it was kinda thin and flimsy.
The action scenes were generally good, but the last one was AMAZING, for reasons listed above.
And the humor was good as well, with quite a few laughs.
Overall, a great episode! Not a 10, some of the jokes bombed, and the plot was kinda thin, but still a great start. 8/10.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
It's stated that children can start their Pokemon journeys at age 10. In real life it would be extremely odd, but obviously the show isn't real life.

I agree about the voices though, Ash's voice just didn't sound right the first few episodes. The ending scenes were definitely great and set the stage. As for whether or not the theory about Ash being in a coma has any validity, it's just a theory. It's not relevant to how you feel about the episode.

Rick Gastly

Years
List of Season 1 episodes I will be watching. Note that I only watch an episode if
A: It's important to the story
B: It has an interesting premise
C: It has several weird/funny moments
To make it less of a slog.
With that in mind, here they are:
Pokemon Emergency!- WILL WATCH (Introduces Team Rocket, Jenny, and Joy, Misty joins Ash)
Ash Catches A Pokemon- WILL WATCH (Ash catches his first Pokemon, has first battle, Team Rocket tries to catch Pikachu for first time)
Challenge of the Samurai- WILL SKIP (Doesn't check any of the boxes)
Showdown At Pewter CIty- WILL WATCH (Introduces Brock)
Clefairy And The Moon Stone- WILL SKIP (A typical episode)
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City- WILL WATCH (Has some notable moments, like the Staryu scene)
The Path To The Pokemon League WILL SKIP (Nothing notable)
The School of Hard Knocks! WILL SKIP (Apart from the "She can violate my rights" scene, nothing notable)
Bulbasaur And The Hidden Village WILL SKIP (Nothing notable)
Charmander, The Stray Pokemon WILL WATCH (Uncharacteristiclally dark and high-stakes)
Here Comes the Squirtle Squad WILL WATCH (Introduces the Squirtle Squad)
Mystery At The Lighthouse WILL SKIP (Nothing Notable)
Electric Shock Showdown WILL SKIP (Checks no boxes)
Battle Aboard The St. Anne WILL WATCH (Lead in to the next episode...)
Pokemon Shipwreck! WILL WATCH (Interesting escape plot)
Island Of The Giant Pokemon WILL WATCH (Interesting premise, plus Pokemon talk!)
Beauty And the Beach WILL WATCH (So disturbing it's interesting)
Tentacool and Tentacruel WILL SKIP (Doesn't look interesting)
The Ghost Of Maiden's Peak WILL WATCH (The first of many weird, Twilight Zone-y episodes)
Bye Bye Butterfree WILL WATCH (A fan favorite)
Abra and the Psychic Showdown WILL WATCH (Another weird one)
The Tower Of Terror WILL WATCH (Yet another weird one)
Haunter Vs Kadabra WILL WATCH (Another weird, Twilight Zone-y one)
Primeape Goes Bannanas WILL SKIP (An ordinary filler)
Pokemon Scent-Sation! WILL WATCH (Weird, but not Twilight Zone-y)
Hypno's Naptime WILL WATCH (Another Twilight Zone-y episode)
Pokemon Fashion Flash WILL WATCH (Looks silly and funny)
The Punchy Pokemon WILL SKIP (Plain ol' episode)
Sparks Fly For Magnemite WILL WATCH (Looks interesting)
Dig Those Diglett! WILL WATCH (Beautiful song in this one)
The Ninja Poke-Showdown WILL SKIP (Bland)
The Flame Pokemon-Athon WILL WATCH (Has racing, I love racing)
The Kangaskhan Kid WILL SKIP (Nothing captures my interest)
The Bridge Bike Gang WILL SKIP (Not interesting)
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion WILL WATCH (Looks to be some silly fun)
Pikachu's Goodbye WILL WATCH (Has an amazing song, and is plot-important)
The Battling Eeevee Brothers WILL SKIP (Uninteresting)
Wake Up Snorlax! WILL WATCH (SO stupid and ridiculous I must see)
Showdown At Dark City WILL WATCH (For Pikachu's ketchup antics)
The March Of the Exxeggutor Squad WILL SKIP (Uninteresting)
The Problem With Paras WILL SKIP (No interesting parts)
The Song Of Jigglypuff WILL WATCH (Looks to be hilarious)
Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon WILL SKIP (Plain)
A Chansey Operation WILL WATCH (Looks interesting, plus there's Chansey)
Holy Matrimony! WILL WATCH (Looks ridiculous)
So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd WILL SKIP (Plain)
Who Gets to Keep Togepi? WILL SKIP (A typical one)
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden WILL WATCH (Interesting)
The Case of the K-9 Caper! WILL WATCH (Interesting looking)
Pokemon Paparazzi WILL SKIP (Looks dull)
The Ultimate Test WILL WATCH (Plot-important, and has good moments)
The Breeding Center Secret WILL WATCH (Introduces Butch and Cassidy)
So i'm watching 33 of the 53 episodes, (52, but i'm counting "Beauty and the Beach") or around 62% (Cutting 38% of my workload! #productivity)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Ah, trying to watch even most of the episode will be a mammoth task, I imagine. I started trying to watch all of Yugioh over a year ago, and I'm still over 100 episodes away from being up-to-date, haha.

+++: The episode starts with a Pokemon battle on GameBoy, which transitions seamlessly into a real Pokemon battle. Very nice, artistic animation choice. Could imagine lots of kids in 1998 being stunned.

Yup, that part was so cool

Ash is introduced, and he's using a crappy 1960s analog TV. Shows him as pathetic! His voice is also bad, very raspy and whispery.

Hehehe, I assure you, we were using TVs like that in the 90s. He does sound awkward in the early episodes, but I prefer Rika Matsumoto's Ash/Satoshi voice nowadays...

Woah, was that JAPANESE TEXT? 4Kids usually edits that out!

Don't worry, you won't be seeing much more of that. 4Kids will protect you from the evil language in the future, haha
-- "The early bird catches the worm, or in this case, the Pokemon" very lame pun.

But you will be hearing more lame puns.

I'm interested to know what episodes you consider plot important, though - do you want to see all the gym battles and Pokemon capture episodes? For example, I really would suggest watching "Electric Shock Showdown". Not only is it a gym episode, it's a really good battle and is pretty plot important in regards to Ash and Pikachu.

Rick Gastly

Years
I don't need to watch all the Pokemon capture episodes since they're not really important or interesting, it's just "Ash catches a pokemon".

dudealmighty

The Very Best
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
If you don't like the bad puns then you're not gonna enjoy the first four seasons of Pokemon. Js.

Rick Gastly

Years
Help! I need somebodyHelp! Not just anybody
Help! I need someone
HELLLP!
John Lennon of the Beatles, "Help"
This song describes this episode well. It's a very important one, it introduces Team Rocket, Jenny, and Joy!
Pokemon Episode 2 "Pokemon Emergency"
Since I can post links now:My improved Pokemon intro
They're using "last time on Pokemon" bumps. Very soap-opera-y!
Jenny is introduced. Her voice is really bad, sounds like a Peanuts specials voice.
"Sit back and don't yell" and Ash promptly yells. Huh.
Team Rocket is introduced! And they have a Meowth shaped balloon! And their voices are actually GOOD! James' voice almost sounds like 1990s Geoff Tate of Queensryche!
And they have a Meowth! And it talks! And has an Australian accent!
* Meowth's random yelled "MEEowth" was a good chuckle.
THAT's the Pokemon center? Looks more like some fancy sports stadium.
Nurse Joy is introduced! Her voice is good as well! And she uses Windows 1.0!
Chanseys! They're so fat and cute! Their voices are kinda annoying though. It's kinda odd how they're constantly smiling no matter what.
Why is that Pidgey GREEN? #BloopersAhoy
** "Ring ring ring! Ring Ring Ring! Phone call! Phone call!"
Wait, they have phones on their computers? So they predicted Skype! Bravo.
Ash's father is mentioned, apparently for the ONLY time in the show.
CRITICAL FLAW: After Ash's mom says "I love you" Ash says "ME too" it should be "YOU too".
* The random Professor Oak cutaway.
Damn! I got the "Who's That Pokemon" wrong! I thought it was Weezing, it was Koffing!
What "Procedure" are they talking about? I hate ambiguity.
Koffing's pretty ugly.
Team Rocket says their motto for the first time!
"We're not interested in your pathetic electric rat" say Team Rocket. That would change very, very soon.
*** The Pika-power scene was hilarious!
"I think she's pretty too. Pretty pathetic" sick slam.
* Goldeen's voice while flopping on the floor was pretty funny.
** The action scenes in this episode were generally good. Team Rocket were actually THREATENING!
ASH JUST EXPLODED A POKEMON CENTER! Some "Hero".
The Poke-rap is literally one of the worst songs i've ever heard.
Closing Thoughts:
After the strong last episode, this one was weaker, but still okay.
The plot was good, though. Ash's injured Pikachu is transported to the Pokemon center, where they have to battle with Team Rocket to get it back. The plot was tense, interesting, and fun.
The action scenes were generally decent. It was surprising to see Team Rocket actually being threatening, instead of being just buffoons.
The humor was a bit weaker then before, but still mostly good. Highlight was the "Pika-power" scene.
Overall, 7/10. Okay.

Rick Gastly

Years
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'm still alive, but was busy with schoo.

But here's episode 3!
Pokemon Episode 3: "Ash Catches a Pokemon"
Wow, the title was fulfilled 10 seconds in! That must be some kinda record
He caught it! Now it's enslaved for the end of time! Some hero.
** Pikachu fainting from watching them.
Nice use of dripping purple backgrounds. Very avant-garde.
* Misty's facial expressions
Caterpie doesn't seem to have a mouth. That's kinda strange. Or maybe it's perpetually open.
** Ash's facial expression was also funny.
Pikachu comforting Caterpie was pretty cute.
Wow, such a deep, meaningful conversation. If only I knew what they were saying.
Like the artistic, hand-painted backgrounds.
Wow, Ash's gonna catch TWO Pokemon! The title lied.
* More great facial expressions with Ash.
Yay, I got it right!
Woot, the classic "replay the last 5 seconds before the commercial break".
** Great battle scene, the first of it's kind!
Yay, Ash enslaved a second helpless animal!
* Pikachu's random screamed "PIKA-CHUUU!"
* The gang beating up Meowth
Why doesn't Caterpie say it's name? All the others do.
Classic anime split-screen.
Wow, they just used the same animation they used 15 minutes ago.
** Another great battle scene.
* "We're gonna get a Pokemon"
Another classic anime technique, repeating the same scene over and over!
Wow, Caterpie evolves into Metapod. It's pretty ugly.
Closing Thoughts:
A great episode!
The story was great. Ash catches two Pokemon, a Caterpie and a Pidgeotto, and battles Team Rocket who try to catch his Pikachu (A major first!). Misty doesn't like Caterpie, though. Fast-moving, exciting, and lacking filler.
The action was top-notch, both scenes were great.
The humor was excellent, funny facial expressions and cutaway gags aplenty.
Overall, the best one i've seen! 8.5/10.

Rick Gastly

Years
After "Ash Catches a Pokemon" came "Challenge Of The Samurai" but since nothing about it looks good, i'll skip.
So here's episode 5, which introduces Brock!
Pokemon Episode 5 "Showdown At Pewter City"
* James' random vocal crack
Wow, all caps title. Must be a REALLY important episode.
** "By the way, that'll be a 2 dollar charge for resting on my rocks"
There's another Nurse Joy! And she looks exactly the same! Kinda creepy, but oh well.
* Ash stuffing his face was a good chuckle.
Woah, what? The Bill is 1150 dollars? Cheapstakes.
Hahaha look how small the Pewter Gym sign is.
So it's been 2 weeks since he began his journey. Time IS passing!
Onix doesn't say it's name either. This inconsistency bothers me.
Aww, Pikachu's so CUTE in this scene!
** Good action scene, quite exciting.
Wow! Brock has tons of siblings, and they look EXACTLY the same!
WOW! 4Kids ACTUALLY mentioned Brock's mother dying! Surprised they didn't say she was "Sent to another dimension" or whatever. Brock's backstory is really dark for a kids show. Father left them, mother died, now he has to take care of his 10 kids. This show's a lot darker then I thought it would be.
And now Ash doesn't care about his broken home, and just wants to beat him. What a selfish jerk.
** Ash falling down upon learning the river was dry was pretty funny.
And he's decided to abandon Misty as well. Ash's characterization in this ep is very bad.
AND he's abusing his Pikachu just so he can beat Brock!
** Another strong action scene, Brock puts up a good fight.
Flint is his dad! And he ALSO looks exactly the same!
Closing Thoughts:
A decent, though not spectacular, episode.
The plot was good. Ash battles Brock in the Pewter City Gym, and wins a gym badge and a new friend. No filler, well-written, and exciting.
The action was top-notch, great drama between Onix and Pikachu.
Humor was decent, several laughs.
However, keeping it from getting a higher grade was Ash's characterization. He abuses his Pikachu just to try to win, and he doesn't care about Brock's tough life because he wants to win. What a jerk!
Still, 7/10.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
You make some good points about Ash's characterization but remember that he didn't want to accept the badge because he didn't fully win the match. He only took it on Brock's insistence. He did care about Brock's situation and it did touch him, but winning the badge is the main goal. Also, he and Misty weren't really true traveling partners/friends yet. She was still at the point of following him only because he owed her a bike.

Rick Gastly

Years
Skipping episode 6 "Clefairy and the Moon Stone" because it's just "Ash and the gang get a stone"
Will watch Episode 7, an important gym battle ep, soon.

Rick Gastly

Years
I'm back in black
Hit the sack
Been too long i'm glad to be back

Brian Johnson of AC/DC, "Back In Black"

It's been a while, hasn't it? Anywho, this ep Ash gets another gym badge!

Pokemon Episode 7 "The WaterFlowers of Cerulean City"
** Ash's facial expression was pretty funny when he found that Gary was catching more Pokemon.
How can Pikachu say "Cha"? It's not a syllable of his name!
* More great facial expression humor.
* And MORE!
Wow look at those old computers straight out of 1957.
- We'll never figure out girls, says Ash. Sexist!
Jenny has an identical sister! And her voice is still pretty terrible. Misty's voice is also pretty terrible, actually, sounds pretty whiny. Only Team Rocket and Brock
Huh, so Brock's hitting on a police officer who is probably much older than him. Kinda disturbing. At least it isn't like in Sonic, where human/hedgehog romance is common.
-- Now Pikachu is crushing on the swimming sisters. VERY disturbing.
CRITICAL MISTAKE! They're's real fish in the aquarium! BIG flaw.
* Nice water background. Very artsy.
* "We pool ourselves to make a big splash" Followed by more weird eyes was more good laughs.
It's Seel! The laziest Pokemon ever!
Now Misty's turned against Ash! Exciting.
Caterpie's evolved into a Butterfree! And it still doesn't say it's name.
Staryu ALSO doesn't say it's name!
*** "Staryu looks like it's in real pain!" "It doesn't even have a face, how can you tell!" B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T.
** Good battling scene, more good action.
Starmie! ALSO doesn't say it's name.
We don't have to hear they're motto AGAIN. It's been 5 episodes and i'm already kinda sick of it.
* Another good action scene.
"It's times like these that make me want to go straight". FIrst gay joke in Pokemon! Legendary first.
Closing Thoughts:
Another decent episode.
The plot of it was good. Ash has to fight to get his second gym badge... but it's against Misty! The fact that he's pitted against his friend is a very interesting twist, and made it enjoyable.
The action scenes of the ep were good, and exciting.
Humor was also strong, the line about Staryu was my favorite yet.
Anywho, good show. Had to deduct half a point, though, because I HATED the way Misty's sisters were portrayed, they embodied pretty much EVERY female stereotype in the book, always concerned about beauty and all that.
Still a 7/10.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Metapod evolved into Butterfree in episode 4. Episode 7 did have some funny lines. I also loved when the one sister asked Seel who he was rooting for when he was just sitting there clapping.

Rick Gastly

Years
List of Season 1 episodes I will be watching. Note that I only watch an episode if
A: It's important to the story
B: It has an interesting premise
C: It has several weird/funny moments
To make it less of a slog.
With that in mind, here they are:
Pokemon Emergency!- WILL WATCH (Introduces Team Rocket, Jenny, and Joy, Misty joins Ash)
Ash Catches A Pokemon- WILL WATCH (Ash catches his first Pokemon, has first battle, Team Rocket tries to catch Pikachu for first time)
Challenge of the Samurai- WILL SKIP (Doesn't check any of the boxes)
Showdown At Pewter CIty- WILL WATCH (Introduces Brock)
Clefairy And The Moon Stone- WILL SKIP (A typical episode)
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City- WILL WATCH (Has some notable moments, like the Staryu scene)
The Path To The Pokemon League WILL SKIP (Nothing notable)
The School of Hard Knocks! WILL SKIP (Apart from the "She can violate my rights" scene, nothing notable)
Bulbasaur And The Hidden Village WILL SKIP (Nothing notable)
Charmander, The Stray Pokemon WILL WATCH (Uncharacteristiclally dark and high-stakes)
Here Comes the Squirtle Squad WILL WATCH (Introduces the Squirtle Squad)
Mystery At The Lighthouse WILL SKIP (Nothing Notable)
Electric Shock Showdown WILL SKIP (Checks no boxes)
Battle Aboard The St. Anne WILL WATCH (Lead in to the next episode...)
Pokemon Shipwreck! WILL WATCH (Interesting escape plot)
Island Of The Giant Pokemon WILL WATCH (Interesting premise, plus Pokemon talk!)
Beauty And the Beach WILL WATCH (So disturbing it's interesting)
Tentacool and Tentacruel WILL SKIP (Doesn't look interesting)
The Ghost Of Maiden's Peak WILL WATCH (The first of many weird, Twilight Zone-y episodes)
Bye Bye Butterfree WILL WATCH (A fan favorite)
Abra and the Psychic Showdown WILL WATCH (Another weird one)
The Tower Of Terror WILL WATCH (Yet another weird one)
Haunter Vs Kadabra WILL WATCH (Another weird, Twilight Zone-y one)
Primeape Goes Bannanas WILL SKIP (An ordinary filler)
Pokemon Scent-Sation! WILL WATCH (Weird, but not Twilight Zone-y)
Hypno's Naptime WILL WATCH (Another Twilight Zone-y episode)
Pokemon Fashion Flash WILL WATCH (Looks silly and funny)
The Punchy Pokemon WILL SKIP (Plain ol' episode)
Sparks Fly For Magnemite WILL WATCH (Looks interesting)
Dig Those Diglett! WILL WATCH (Beautiful song in this one)
The Ninja Poke-Showdown WILL SKIP (Bland)
The Flame Pokemon-Athon WILL WATCH (Has racing, I love racing)
The Kangaskhan Kid WILL SKIP (Nothing captures my interest)
The Bridge Bike Gang WILL SKIP (Not interesting)
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion WILL WATCH (Looks to be some silly fun)
Pikachu's Goodbye WILL WATCH (Has an amazing song, and is plot-important)
The Battling Eeevee Brothers WILL SKIP (Uninteresting)
Wake Up Snorlax! WILL WATCH (SO stupid and ridiculous I must see)
Showdown At Dark City WILL WATCH (For Pikachu's ketchup antics)
The March Of the Exxeggutor Squad WILL SKIP (Uninteresting)
The Problem With Paras WILL SKIP (No interesting parts)
The Song Of Jigglypuff WILL WATCH (Looks to be hilarious)
Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon WILL SKIP (Plain)
A Chansey Operation WILL WATCH (Looks interesting, plus there's Chansey)
Holy Matrimony! WILL WATCH (Looks ridiculous)
So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd WILL SKIP (Plain)
Who Gets to Keep Togepi? WILL SKIP (A typical one)
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden WILL WATCH (Interesting)
The Case of the K-9 Caper! WILL WATCH (Interesting looking)
Pokemon Paparazzi WILL SKIP (Looks dull)
The Ultimate Test WILL WATCH (Plot-important, and has good moments)
The Breeding Center Secret WILL WATCH (Introduces Butch and Cassidy)
So i'm watching 33 of the 53 episodes, (52, but i'm counting "Beauty and the Beach") or around 62% (Cutting 38% of my workload! #productivity)

Update to the list:
I will watch Electric Shock Showdown, as it is an important episode.
I will SKIP Dig Those Diglett! as it is very ordinary.

Rick Gastly

Years
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Elton John- "Candle In The Wind"
Anywho, time for a new review!
Pokemon Episode 11 "Charmander, The Stray Pokemon"
** Misty's amazing spazzing out
Potential giant Pokemon? Nope, just Charmander.
* Charmander's loud "CHAR!" followed by them all falling.
Love the random changes in brightness when the Pokeball goes.
Pikachu's speaking with no mouth movement!
4Kids left unedited the Pokedex entry that says it dies!
Charmander's caught in a rainstorm. If the flame goes out, it DIES! "For kids"!
Man, the aussie guy's a big jerk. Willing to let it's Charmander DIE because he doesn't like it! Hope he gets struck by lightning.
* Very good atomsphere in the lightnigng scene.
Darkest ep yet? It's a possiblility. I mean, a Pokemon is on the VERGE of death!
*** The atmosphere in this scene is AMAZING!
What "nation" do they speak of? The American Communist party?
** Good action scene! They actually got Pikachu!
* Pikachu and Charmander setting fire to Damien was a good laugh.
Closing Thoughts:
Alright.
The plot was good. Ash has to stop a Charmander from dying, before it's too late. The plot was uncharacteristically dark for the show, and filler-free and intense, with good direction in spots.
The action and tension were solid throughout the episode, with Charmander nearly dying.
And there were a few good jokes as well.
Overall, 7/10. Would be a 6.5/10 but the great atmosphere in scenes like the waiting room and the rainstorm bump things up.

Last edited:
Back