• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Fierce Melody [Updated 23/08/19]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
[S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]

FM-Post-CHICO.png

What will the melody of your journey be?

Introduction.png

Fierce Melody is a fan-made Pokémon game set in the new Merodia region, where music and art have a special place in the heart of its people.
It will follow the traditional Pokémon formula but adding some changes to make it feel fresh and fun.

Story.png

capture111.png

Your father is a famous scientist and his latest discovery has been stolen from the museum where it was being studied.

capture113.png

When you go downstairs to tell your mother about it, you meet your two neighbours. After they leave, your mother tells you to go find Professor Pine, a childhood friend of your dad.

capture114.png

Professor James Pine just came back to Whistle Town and wants to show you his Pokémon Lab and give you your first Pokémon.

capture115.png

When you tell him about your father's discovery, he gets really worried and tells you to go to Talea Town and look for Piper, a friend of them who will help you find out what happened.

Who would steal your father's discovery, the Ancient Pungi? And for what purpose? How is it connected to the old legends of Merodia?
It's time for you and your new friends to discover the truth behind all these events!

Starter.png

Mookibush.png
Burnix.png
Aquameleon.png

Characters.png

Harmonyy.png
Harmony.png

Merodia.png

Whistle-1.jpg
Whistle-2.jpg

You just moved to Whistle Town, it's a quite small but very cozy place. It's called: The town where music is in the air.

Route-1-1.jpg
Route-1-3.jpg

Route 1 is left of Whistle Town and it connects it to Talea Town and to Aria Forest, you can find many wild Pokémon and trainers to fight here.

Talea-2.jpg
Talea-4.jpg

Talea is the neighbour town, it's a quiet place but it has a stage for music shows. Who's gonna perform here?

Features.png

About 200 fakemon: You'll find many unique Pokémon in the Merodia Region. Some nice and cute, some fierce and strong.
Pick your favorite and form a team that will help you overcome any challenge you face.

Explore the Merodia Region: Merodia is a vast region, full of towns, cities, rivers, mountains and caves, a dream for explorers.
There's always something for you to do and fun characters to meet.

The legends of Merodia: The theft of your father's discovery is just the beginning of your adventures in Merodia,
you can dig deep into its lore, learn about its history and even face its legends face to face.

Fakemon.png

Mezzoscen.png
Gosnut.png
Gallipeck.png

In the Merodia region, you'll find many new Pokémon of all shapes and sizes.

Brexie.png
Oposstur.png

Credits.png

The Pokémon Essentials Team: Maruno and Peter Q. based on the work by Flameguru
Elite Battle System and Universal Plugin Installer: Luka S.J. and Marin
Character overworld sprite base: InnerMobius
Some Pokémon and character designs: Game Freak
Always on bush script by KleinStudio

Development.png

MrSmash278 and DaniPopplio
Poq
Pkchu
OssumPossum
Purple_Hat_Of_Awesome
PhantomEevee
Kuruganne
Flesroy
MysticCharizard10

Music.png

Ilsantini
Purple Hat of Awesome

Trees.png

Last edited:

IRON NIDOW

I'm a talking dog
Years
I liked the idea of a music themed region/game! ^^ Also your starters have some similarity of recent 8 gen ""leaks"". Was you inspired by them or it was just a coincidence? The main character is also really cute, your art style is very similar of gamefreak style as well, really nice!

Keep the good work! I wish sucess ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
I liked the idea of a music themed region/game! ^^ Also your starters have some similarity of recent 8 gen ""leaks"". Was you inspired by them or it was just a coincidence? The main character is also really cute, your art style is very similar of gamefreak style as well, really nice!

Keep the good work! I wish sucess ^^

Thank you very much, it was actually a pretty coincidence even the final forms of them hahaha, we hope to keep going with the project and have an alpha 0.1 until the rival battle sooner.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Updated 03/23/2018: Harmony' Sprites and Professor Pine Art

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your artwork looks really good - titlescreen especially. Your mapping looks like it could use some polishing though, as it looks rather bland and boring (I mean, its edited square-pallet town right?).

I like the music theme, hope to see lots of sound-based fakemon to go with!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Your artwork looks really good - titlescreen especially. Your mapping looks like it could use some polishing though, as it looks rather bland and boring (I mean, its edited square-pallet town right?).

I like the music theme, hope to see lots of sound-based fakemon to go with!

Thank you for the encouragement, we are a team of two so we both are trying to understand how Essentials works XD, we are planning lots of fakemon, we hope we don't disappoint.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2020
Thanks for your support! We're working on this game as fast as we can and updating it almost daily, thanks for your comments and feedback! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2020
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2020
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
this looks amazing i've never seen a game with something like music as a concept I look forward to the first demo!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2020
this looks amazing i've never seen a game with something like music as a concept I look forward to the first demo!

Thank you! We're working very hard trying to release a demo as soon as possible. I'm very glad you like it :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
Old info
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I'd do something about the inconsistent pixel densities. Your art has 1x1 pixel density, your UI has 1x1 AND 2x2 pixel density (which really is something that should be changed).

Other than that though, this does look pretty good.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Typo ok is sooooo cute. You?ve made amazing progress so far, keep it up!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2020
I'd do something about the inconsistent pixel densities. Your art has 1x1 pixel density, your UI has 1x1 AND 2x2 pixel density (which really is something that should be changed).

Other than that though, this does look pretty good.

Thank you for your comment :) Keeping the UI at that density was an artistic choice, to contrast from the overworld and everything else.

Back