• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokémon you hate encountering

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Unless trying to catch them, train the levels of others, or a shiny.....technically all of them. Not having any repels during an important part is a nightmare cause they really do pop up a lot.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Pokemon that won't let you run away (and there are some really strange ones) are the worst. Yesterday, I couldn't run away from a level 12 Venipede with my level 27 Furret. What kind of BS is that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Trapinch / Diglett are a nightmare in Gen III when they have arena trap because when they all use Sand Tomb you end up eventually losing a lot of hp as well as pp to defeat them (well, Diglett is OHKO'd by pretty much everything bar Magikarp but it is hard to outspeed).

Other than that its just super common pokémon like Rattata (especially as its deceptively strong), Bidoof, and Patrat.

Years
Diglett is pretty bad and any Pokemon with sturdy, if I want to grind or try and take one out that I can't run away from, it's kinda annoying not being able to one-shot them, it's a small thing but it does annoy me haha.

Years
Trapinch / Diglett are a nightmare in Gen III when they have arena trap because when they all use Sand Tomb you end up eventually losing a lot of hp as well as pp to defeat them (well, Diglett is OHKO'd by pretty much everything bar Magikarp but it is hard to outspeed).
These were the very first two that came to mind for me. I remember going back to play Sapphire and going through route 111 without repel, and running into a Trapinch with Arena Trap at every corner.

I also hate wild Pokemon with Sturdy. Sometimes, you wanna knock a Pokemon out for fun, and they just have to make life difficult for you.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I am not much fond of native bird-like pokemon on every region (pidgey, pidove, fletchling and etc) the cycle just makes things very repetitive, Well you have no repel while walking to sandy location and would makes you go crazy whenever you just encountered trapich over and over and over and over.... again it just force you to knock'em up but if you just carry pokedolls or other escape items, you're good.

Sturdy when you just one-shot and they alive or any pokemon would learn endure just to prevent one-shot.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Just about anything when surfing.
dude I know what you mean
i saw a suggestion somewhere a while ago for adding in "dark water" (kinda like the dive spots) and having that be the only type of water where wild Pok?mon can appear - so it'd work a lot like tall grass. that way the map designers could position rocks or islands in ways that force the players into dark water, or make them choose between dark water and a trainer battle like they often do with land routes. I think this would be a lot nicer than the current surfing system where you can find wild Pok?mon anytime and most of them are completely uninteresting and repetitive.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
In general,
- Pok?mon that appear way too commonly (Zubat, Tentacool).
- Pok?mon with an ability as Arena Trap (or damn high speed so escaping is troublesome)
- Pok?mon that give very little XP.
- Ambush tend to annoy me, too.

blue

gucci
Years
zubat are goddamn awful pokemon when you're in a cave. the only time i was happy to see one was when i encounted a shiny zubat in Y.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Any normal types.

And Chatot outside Shalour City. Easy confusion every single battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
These were the very first two that came to mind for me. I remember going back to play Sapphire and going through route 111 without repel, and running into a Trapinch with Arena Trap at every corner.

I also hate wild Pokemon with Sturdy. Sometimes, you wanna knock a Pokemon out for fun, and they just have to make life difficult for you.

Oh yeah in Gen V they were the worst. Weird because I actually liked the common rock pok?mon with Sturdy but then when it was lead pokemon and couldn't defeat its family due to Sturdy it was incredibly irritating

Years
Anything that can explode or spam annoying status moves. However, as of Sun & Moon I admit to a newfound fear of running into Pelipper in the wild thanks to that one ability... DRIZZLE.

Back