• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I personally didn't like Elesa's theme or Roxie's English one (her Japanese one was fine; still don't see why they had to do "P-O-K-E-M-ON Pokemon!" when "Koffing" was just as many letters, but meh), but I did like the Village Bridge music (you know, with every part added), so if they make it as pretty as that I wouldn't mind at all XD;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I personally didn't like Elesa's theme or Roxie's English one (her Japanese one was fine; still don't see why they had to do "P-O-K-E-M-ON Pokemon!" when "Koffing" was just as many letters, but meh), but I did like the Village Bridge music (you know, with every part added), so if they make it as pretty as that I wouldn't mind at all XD;

They probably didn't use Koffing because it has a different name in every language. Imagine Smogon (German), it'd give Smogon a theme song at least.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If they based it on the Poison Dart Frog, which has the same coloring as Froakie, then i think Froakie is going to be water/poison.

droomph

weeb
Years
They probably didn't use Koffing because it has a different name in every language. Imagine Smogon (German), it'd give Smogon a theme song at least.
Well, there's plenty of Poison-types to go around, I'm sure there's a seven-letter Poison type in every language :)

And honestly, I couldn't care less if it had no type, I'm just glad that they're making more Pokémon!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well, there's plenty of Poison-types to go around, I'm sure there's a seven-letter Poison type in every language :)

And honestly, I couldn't care less if it had no type, I'm just glad that they're making more Pokémon!

But I thought her band's name had something to do with Koffing though. Anyway it's easier to use Pokémon because every other country could use it then.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... it would be nice to see some more Poison-types in Pokémon X and Y.

But I thought her band's name had something to do with Koffing though. Anyway it's easier to use Pokémon because every other country could use it then.

Actually, if you listen to the English Roxie's gym theme carefully, you'll notice that it does say "Koffing" somewhere after saying "P-O-K-E-M... ON". So I see it has been fitted somewhere in there, just it's hard to hear it being said in the theme. ;)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
French lyrics would be lovely <3 And I'm still hoping that the region isn't just inspired by France, but by Europe in general, so we can have Italian and Celtic music and Gregorian chanting. Man, that would be beautiful <3

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If they use lyrics, I wonder what they would use. Maybe some French lyrics?

Also I can't hear Koffing. I hear the guy repeat Pokémon, but not Koffing. When does it happen?

I was kind of thinking around where it says "ON", but then again... it could be the other guy saying "ON" as well.

But either way, lyrics would be really nice to make a return to Pokémon X and Y.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really hope we don't get a person like Fantina that speaks broken French, lmao. Probably gonna happen. :( That in mind, I can see her making a possible cameo appearance. Maybe XY region is where she was originally from.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
French lyrics would be lovely <3 And I'm still hoping that the region isn't just inspired by France, but by Europe in general, so we can have Italian and Celtic music and Gregorian chanting. Man, that would be beautiful <3
That is a great idea! Imagine the architecture, it'd be pretty nice.

Guy

just a guy
Years
France, and mostly Europe in general, has a lot of amazing scenery and architecture, so I really hope we get to see a variation of that throughout the region based on the different countries there. It's one of the reasons why I'm most excited about these games. I love the European style, especially the much older areas that are rich in history and architecture.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So if the region is inspired by Europe, does that mean that now, it'll be accustomed to more of Europe's traditions?

Like for instance, in the remake of Gen II, the region feels Asian-oriented, with the towns and music reflecting that, so, alongside that possible change of the architecture and music fitting European styles, maybe the currency will be changed too? (like usually it's in 'yen' but could that be changed?) Along with clothing... and whatever else? =o

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
The currency didn't change for Unova, and that had a pretty America-y feel to it, so I doubt it XD;

But aye, if more European countries were influential to the region the architecture would turn out lovely ;o; And imagine if there were a city or town that was inspired by Venice (much like Altomare in the fifth movie), where you'd have waterways and gondolas and the like <3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I doubt they'll change the currency to Euros or anything. XD But I'm excited to hear some French style music...hoping for it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back