• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Emporium Mafia - gj town

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
I don't think lynching EC would be the right move rn. I'd be hypocrite doing so, as he is accused of the same thing Kiyotaka accused me. Would've liked seeing a better defense tho, but on D1 sometimes you can't make a better defense.

Feeling uneasy on Fletch trying to pinpoint others so specifically. I, i understand, as you are suspecting me (no reason to tho), but Nakuzami and Bidoof have no apparent reason being there unless Fletch cares to explain why they're there, instead than asking for other's opinions. But, he's being patient with ir, as with EC, so it gives Fletch the benefit of the doubt.

Strong townreads on Sawsbuck, Nakuzami. Lesser townread on Sparkin.
Dunno what to think about the rest yet, Kiyotaka is probably town I suppose.

I suppose I'll most probably leave this day voteless, because any move I'd make would probably scrutinised and subject to a possible lynch, and let me tell you, you and I would regret it.

EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'm confused. Are you just not bothered, EC?

I'm bothered that I am about to be lynched day one for trying to force the issue and get someone else lynched, yes.

Essentially, I don't care about evidence on day one as long as we lynch someone.

And again, if that's me, which it likely will be, fine. But it'll be a mistake.

Sparkin

So, it seems Sparkin is The Spiritualist. As no one counterclaimed you yet, I think you are telling the truth, but just to be sure: Who did you jail in N0?

I was the Spiritualist, and only mafia/3rd party is bad enough to cc me.
Didn't use my action on n0, because I couldn't. It is usable after a deathless day, or so to say, no lynch only.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
I'm not really sure what to think of EC. He's kinda unpredictable and I'm not sure whether he's unintentionally acting scummy as town or genuinely scummy as mafia.

I'm keeping my vote on Desox for now. I still think he's mafia.

Townlean on Newtsie, Nakuzami, and Sparkin (though only for the claim)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Feeling uneasy on Fletch trying to pinpoint others so specifically. I, i understand, as you are suspecting me (no reason to tho), but Nakuzami and Bidoof have no apparent reason being there unless Fletch cares to explain why they're there, instead than asking for other's opinions. But, he's being patient with ir, as with EC, so it gives Fletch the benefit of the doubt.
To clarify, since I can see where the confusion of yours is stemming from
Townreads on Pie, Naku, Bard & Newtsie tbh, I think all posts by you guys so far on the situation have been very informative and town-leaning (not that informative is anything really) and I get the vibe of really trying to make sense of it.
What do you think about the wider picture? Are you reading anyone in particular or what are your thoughts on Naku, Desox & Doof2 for example?
Fletch townread me. His inquiry towards EC wasn't an implied scum read, but more a question to see about what EC's opinions on me would be, considering I've been sufficiently vocal so far this phase (surprisingly)

Years
Honestly, this teams pretty standard of town!EC to me. He's pulled unusual stuff like this more than once. The not caring who you lynch as long as there's a lynch is something I somewhat understand, but ngl I do think it's important there's an actual basis for the lynch.

Agreeing with the previous posters, I am townreading Sparkin for obvious reasons and also Naku and Fletch for their analysis of the game. Currently I'm still not feeling completely satisfied with Doof's play this game.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Going to agree on the town!EC. He's always had a scumtell and I'm not seeing it at all so far.

Desox's behavior is still bugging me and im not sure why. I like the content and the attitude but I think the aggressiveness from before is still nagging at me :/ Going to say null for now.

I want some reads out of Newtsie. I like that he tested Sparkin but hey some more in-depth analysis of the players around him would be nice, especially considering so much has been going on today.

Years
Going to agree on the town!EC. He's always had a scumtell and I'm not seeing it at all so far.

Desox's behavior is still bugging me and im not sure why. I like the content and the attitude but I think the aggressiveness from before is still nagging at me :/ Going to say null for now.

I want some reads out of Newtsie. I like that he tested Sparkin but hey some more in-depth analysis of the players around him would be nice, especially considering so much has been going on today.

I think they've made a decent town start for a newer player. I'd like to see some more from them but so far they seem quite town-sided to me.

Years
Hmm... doof and gimmepie make good points about EC's behavior. Not the first time he's done this as town... not that it makes it good town behavior, but I'll take it. Perhaps we should look at those who have hardly been present, such as Sawsbuck, L'Belle, and jd? I'm still interested in Desox's unjustified townread of Sawsbuck, but it'd be pretty tactless for mafia to townread their own members out of the blue. I still think EC needs to be watched, but I'm considering other lynches for now.

Michel and jd in particular have been unusually quiet, but I don't think that's as great a scum indicator as other people are inclined to believe. We'll have to see how the game pans out for those guys imo.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I would say I'm townreading Sparkin (but just because of the claim), Naku, Bardothren and gimmepie, because they are being active and are contributing in the discussion. Of course, this can be just a strategy to look town.
I honestly don't know what I think about EC. You guys are saying that his behavior is normal, so I'm going to believe it.
Gimmepie said that he does not think that silence is a great scum indicator, but I believe it is. But I agree with you, I think we should wait and see what they will do.
As for my vote, I'm going to vote L'Belle. This is because his only two posts in the day phase seemed like an attempt to raise suspicion in Kiyo. And after that, he didn't say anything. But of course, my reads are not so good as yours, so I could be very wrong.
[Eliminate] L'Belle

Sparkin

Even if it is weird that those two are quiet, that is not how they are as scum.

I dare say that all of Bard's suspicions are wrong.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
I have been absent again ;n;
[unvote] EvilChameleon — before I forget.

Made sure to check everything, including rereading everything, past what I last read and honestly EC's behaviour currently screams town!EC to me as well. I like Newtsie's contributions and his behaviour so far.

Saws, I'm not sure I like your behaviour right now. Whilst I'm getting a townvibe from you, I feel like you'd be more involved as town and discussing whatever you can. @JD/Michel where are you both? I haven't seen much input from either of you at all, which isn't like either of you at all.

Sparkin

Do you have any evidence to support your claims? I gave my reasons for suspecting my scumreads, and all you offer in response is "I think he's wrong." To be fair, you did defend jd and L'Belle, but what of Desox and Saws?

I don't have evidence, I have my words.
You're suspecting Desox simply for not giving any reason to townread Saws, when countless players have also done the same. So, why is specifically Desox the only one that you're pointing that?
And "think" is a weak word for what I'm aiming. I'm confident that you are wrong.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Been dealing with life stuff that last couple days so I haven't taken the time to formulate a long analysis. I've checked in here and there to skim the latest replys but I'm not seeing much scummy behavior tbh.

Silence can be a scum indicator but it's better to wait for a couple of day phases before actually going after inactives IMO.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
"They talk a lot. Town."
"They don't talk enough. Scum"
"They don't talk much but that's how they usually are as town so . . . town"
>>"that's how they usually are as '____/____' so therefore that's a thing"
"meta meta blah et cetera these people have specific scum tells that they obviously could never ever avoid or fake so therefore they can't be of a particular alignment right now"

Christ.

And "think" is a weak word for what I'm aiming. I'm confident that you are wrong.

You frequently seem to have a lot of misplaced confidence.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you about Bard's reads.

But all of these D1 reads tend to be total bs anyways (see above), other than occasional bussing (which is, at its core, a "bs" read regardless).

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well yeah, day one reads are nonsense, which is why I completely ignore them and want a lynch regardless.

Sparkin

You frequently seem to have a lot of misplaced confidence.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you about Bard's reads.

But all of these D1 reads tend to be total bs anyways (see above), other than occasional bussing (which is, at its core, a "bs" read regardless).

Which reads are you referring to?

Back