• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Aeternal Asylum

Nyke

To victory!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I'm gonna trust Sparkin's and Newtsie's gut feelings unless something obviously scummy happens.

[Vote] XNaut

Why would you trust their reads? Do you know their alignment?

Conversely, my gut read on XNaut is townie - they've been rather calm, scumhunting (as opposed to randomly voting) and justifying their votes (or lack thereof) with tangible reasons (as opposed to gut).

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
We ARE in daytime. Also, when did any of us mention in which moment did we receive messages? And what does this even have to do with your defense?

Also it could be just an idiom, as the typical telepath is a town sided role can send messages anytime, whose opposite would be the whisperer. It wouldn't make sense letting one send messages all of the gametime and restrict the other to daytime imo. Maybe aeternum can clarify on that.

I don't know, I don't like this. Looks like an attempt to steer clear of your defense.

I'm gonna trust Sparkin's and Newtsie's gut feelings unless something obviously scummy happens.

[Vote] XNaut

A telepath can only send messages during the daytime and the whisperer can send messages during the day and night. Getting messages from someone during the night means that person is the whisperer (mafia). Go read the character roles.

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
Why would you trust their reads? Do you know their alignment?

Conversely, my gut read on XNaut is townie - they've been rather calm, scumhunting (as opposed to randomly voting) and justifying their votes (or lack thereof) with tangible reasons (as opposed to gut).

Because of, like I said, a bad defense, then trying to deviate the subject to something I think most town doesn't need to discuss. I don't like the way XNaut is moving.

About the messages, have you got them? I think those, plus the fact that Sparkin, acting his usual towny way are enough to make your desicions.

For a D1, I think it has been one of the most fruitful I've played, and I'm making the most I can out of it. I cannot expect much more really, cos it's the first day.

Read the thread then whichever messages you've got. What we've got out of those up to this moment, is, to me, enough.

EDIT: ninja'd, here's my response to that:

A telepath can only send messages during the daytime and the whisperer can send messages during the day and night. Getting messages from someone during the night means that person is the whisperer (mafia).
=/=
The Telepath hold the ability to send anonymous messages at any point in the day to any role of their choosing.

Go read the character roles.
Maybe you do it.

Day: "a period of twenty-four hours as a unit of time, reckoned from one midnight to the next, corresponding to a rotation of the earth on its axis."

It doesn't say day time nor day phase, and the EpicMafia role description is that Telepath can send messages at any time. As long as aeternum does not come here and notify us otherwise I'm going to refer to the usual Telepath role, but we can solve this easily, I'm quoting him (sorry for bothering) so he may see our dilemma.

EDIT II: The notification didn't work, I'm just PMing him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Because of, like I said, a bad defense, then trying to deviate the subject to something I think most town doesn't need to discuss. I don't like the way XNaut is moving.

About the messages, have you got them? I think those, plus the fact that Sparkin, acting his usual towny way are enough to make your desicions.

For a D1, I think it has been one of the most fruitful I've played, and I'm making the most I can out of it. I cannot expect much more really, cos it's the first day.

Read the thread then whichever messages you've got. What we've got out of those up to this moment, is, to me, enough.

How is that a bad defense when I just read all the role descriptions and mentioned the clues we got? You are not even solving them and instead you're just random voting.

Desox

Years
How is that a bad defense when I just read all the role descriptions and mentioned the clues we got?

That is not what I'm talking about. Go back to when you were discussing with Sparkin.

You are not even solving them and instead you're just random voting.

Yeah, the kind of randomvoting where I form my opinion from everything I have in hand and make the conscious desicion: "I decided to vote for XNaut".

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ummm Xnaut... who cares about the messages? They have nothing to do with the randvote unless you're willing to claim you're either whisperer or telepath?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Newtsie was asking if anyone is getting messages from the telepath and when I read the role description, it can only send messages at any point during the day and the whisperer can send messages during the day and night. If anyone got messages during the night, then that means that person is the whisperer.

Kitty also said a penguin told her Newtsie visited no one during the night which means he is either sending messages or he might be the cyborg which are a threat to the staff because a cyborg wins if they outnumber the town.

Desox

Years
it can only send messages at any point during the day and the whisperer can send messages during the day and night. If anyone got messages during the night, then that means that person is the whisperer.

Will you stop saying that so assertively? I've already PM'd aeternum to clarify all this, but the roles description is "ability to send anonymous messages at any point in the day to any role of their choosing."
At this point I'm just thinking you're playing dumb and trying to confuse as much players as possible, which doesn't help at all and puts you up there in the scumlist.

Kitty also said a penguin told her Newtsie visited no one during the night which means he is either sending messages or he might be the cyborg which are a threat to the staff because a cyborg wins if they outnumber the town.

Oh yeah, he has to be one of those. So convenient to you, specially now that you want to hide your defense from the ones who didn't see it already.
Going assertively again, you're not helping yourself. In some games you're allowed to do nothing at night. Didn't you think that could happen? He can be mafia, but why are you pinpointing to those two so accurately? I think he's not because you're just slipping everywhere and I don't feel this as bussing, just redirecting.
Telepath doesn't visit either (oh look another hole) fyi.

I'm not responding again on this subject, but here's my read for anyone else to see: scum

Nyke

To victory!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
For the record, Newtsie could be the Virgin, Telepath, Whisperer, Yakuza (since the Yakuza didn't die), the Amnesiac (noone was dead), the Pathologist (again, noone was dead), someone who was blocked, or someone who just didn't act. We really don't have enough information to narrow down their role.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I'll might as well reveal my role now. I'm the amnesiac and I took Nakuzami's role as the alien from the graveyard and I am going to probe.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Interesting turn-around here. To repeat my question from earlier; Why were you talking as if Desox should definitely be lynched?

(To also reinstate my vote earlier: [vote]: Bidoof)

Eh, at the time he was acting incredibly uncharacteristically and it seemed very forced and I didn't like it, I wanted to think it was a slip but thinking back on it I doubt that he would put himself out there like that as mafia d1 in the first place, as well as I like his behavior since the vote.

Also, am I the only one struggling to understand why XNaut is saying what they are? Seems very weird and panicky.

EDIT: XNaut claiming a 3rd party also means a lynch with no drawbacks, nice.

Last edited:

Sparkin

Sorry, but that can't be you.
Besides, amnesiac isn't supposed to visit before the night, right?
Wouldn't be like the amnesiac I know to attempt to take someone's role even before they die (unless alvey did something)

Desox

Years
Well, it says the amnesiac can visit one person in the graveyard at any time.

So if XNaut is not lying he could've visited Naku's grave on this same day.

And if it's a lie, whatever, all of this is enough scum for me to scumread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Amnesiac can visit a dead player anytime. Aeternum told me 3 days ago when I was asking him if I'm allowed to visit during the daytime.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Since I have the most votes, you all just wasted your votes on the new alien and only an hour left till the day ends.

Back