• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Thanks for your help. I just have 2 more questions:
1. Can you have more than 1 world map in R/S/E?

2. I need help with this script... It's a givepokemon one. Everything works fine, except after renaming the pokemon there is supposed to be a "thanks" message afterwards. After renaming the pokemon, nothing happens and the script ends.

Here is the script:

EDIT: This script is made for Pokemon Ruby.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
i searched "Cry" and "Sound" in the toolbox. Clouldn't find it

(note: im trying to insert a new noise into the game, dont know is that's possible)

I think there was a tool with the EliteMap package, check there. That is for cries only. Pokemon crying... that'd be funny in Pokemon.

EDIT: I give up with Sappy 06. It won't work for me.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Here is a nice difficult question...
Or an easy one if the answer is that simple...
Is it possible to add pokedex data?
Like, add another page after deoxys? (Or Chimecho in a Hexadecimal sense)
I want to add pokedex data to one of my 25 new pokedex spaces...

Years
Is it possible to apply the truck animation, in the beginning of the game of ruby, to Fire red? If so, then how, and where can I learn how to do it?

Thanks.
You could simulate it with an earthquake(I've seen it done, don't know how yet.), but I don't think you could use the exact animation.

My question:
How do you edit an Overwold Palette?

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Me one more:

How can I remove the "truck" event, at the very beginning of Emerald?
You know, where you hear the voices, and the truck brakes and everything shakes and stuff...

Does any1 please know?

And what is the number in unLZ-GBA that shows the title screen of emerald? (the big POKeMON letters, and the flashy rayquaza and stuff)

thank you!

Last edited:

Dark_Master

Dark/Ghost Pokemon Master
Years
I think there was a tool with the EliteMap package, check there. That is for cries only. Pokemon crying... that'd be funny in Pokemon.

EDIT: I give up with Sappy 06. It won't work for me.
having a little trouble finding what your talking about

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
having a little trouble finding what your talking about

I did all I can and Sappy won't *beep* work for me.

Anyway, are there midi's with over 12 tracks that you can insert into Pokemon games (Like a Remix from SMB?)?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well, I would want to find this out, for refference, you know. I also want to experiment with this... if any help, specifying pointers would come up, please let me knoe in this thread...

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
I've been lurking here for a while, but I signed up recently, and the hack I've been working on...well, I can't figure out how to have a sprite come up to the main character. None of the movement options have to do with this. But I have seen people do this before. Could anyone help me with this? Mucho gracias, and once I have a halfway decent beta of my game, I will post it up. :P

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
When you mean the main character, you mean the OW, or the sprite itself? And tell me what are you doing, for it not to work.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
I would simply like to be able to have any type of sprite move to a tile in front of my main character and be able to speak to him/her. So the sprite would be find, as long as it LOOKS like it's in front of him/her.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I'm just wondering if you can insert more than 25 new pokemon. I was told that you can by means of extreme hacking, and that apparently in one of the stickied threads I think, it says if extreme hacking is used, up to 90 something can be inserted. Does anyone know if this is true, or possible?

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
If I create an over world sprite in another program, Like paint or Paint.net is there a way to insert them into the rom? Please answer I have been trying to find the answer to this question for a while. Thanks!

Years
how do you change the starting map in firered?
Use this tool:
Start Map Chooser Advance by: Hackmew

If I create an over world sprite in another program, Like paint or Paint.net is there a way to insert them into the rom? Please answer I have been trying to find the answer to this question for a while. Thanks!

Find the OW with the closest palette, export it and paste your OW into that.
Recolor/resize if needed, and import.

I'm just wondering if you can insert more than 25 new pokemon. I was told that you can by means of extreme hacking, and that apparently in one of the stickied threads I think, it says if extreme hacking is used, up to 90 something can be inserted. Does anyone know if this is true, or possible?
You have to replace the old ones if you want more than 25 fakemon, I'm 99% sure on that.

I would simply like to be able to have any type of sprite move to a tile in front of my main character and be able to speak to him/her. So the sprite would be find, as long as it LOOKS like it's in front of him/her.
That could be done with scripting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back