• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How do i post screenshots from my desktop onto a thread

Upload them to a site like PhotoBucket or TinyPic, and then use the link and put them up here. Be sure to follow the rules about posting images, though.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
cant i upload them from my computer instead?

You sorta have to upload them to the internet first. The internet can't just scour your computer whenever someone loads the page. >:

Also, I believe you can upload them to your albums here at PokéCommunity. That should work the same way.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
thank you andcan you give me thelink to the best image uploader thing

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
We use our ROM Hacking tool to save the pics. A-Map has a "save as picture" thing.

But it's still a rom-hacking tool, and frankly, since I'm only going to be using it to make pictures, there's no point in me using it. There's got to be a non-romhack solution with this, people. I just know there is.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
thank you andcan you give me thelink to the best image uploader thing

Here.

That's the one I use, and it's pretty good. Although, you'll have to make an account there to get it to work.

But it's still a rom-hacking tool, and frankly, since I'm only going to be using it to make pictures, there's no point in me using it. There's got to be a non-romhack solution with this, people. I just know there is.

Sorry, but I don't believe there is. It's almost even easier for you to probably make pictures with the ROM-hacking tools, as you can even take screenshots with VisualBoyAdvance. Part of the purpose of AdvanceMap is for you to take pictures, so it seems that you should use it, and not ignore our advice.

If you're still insistant upon finding a non-romhack solution to whatever your problem is, look elsewhere. This thread is for questions about ROM Hacking, not non-romhack solutions. :/

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have a warp that is supposed to go to Warp 2 Bank 1 Warp 3 and it gets me there, only not on the warp, it brings me to the center of the room. On A-map it works fine, but when i play the actual ROM it does not. Help?

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
platnuim piano (i cant quoate)

i have this problem aswell i dunno how to fix it

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2009
New Map

How, exactly, do i make a new map on A-Map?
because every time i do, the new map is called Pallet Town
and when i change the name of pallet town it changes the original Pallet Town map's name also

so how do i create a brand new map, without having 2 of the same map?

I've also tried making a new one with a new bank but still i get pallet town again!

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Sorry, but I don't believe there is. It's almost even easier for you to probably make pictures with the ROM-hacking tools, as you can even take screenshots with VisualBoyAdvance. Part of the purpose of AdvanceMap is for you to take pictures, so it seems that you should use it, and not ignore our advice.

If you're still insistant upon finding a non-romhack solution to whatever your problem is, look elsewhere. This thread is for questions about ROM Hacking, not non-romhack solutions. :/

Thanks for the non-help. BTW, I broke down and tried that stupid AdvanceMap, and it sucks. It's so jumbled and complicated, I dunno where to begin, and I can't see any way to add in your own tilesets, so that's useless to me. So, I was right, that's nowhere near what I need, and I probably won't be touching it again, anytime soon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Thanks for the non-help. BTW, I broke down and tried that stupid AdvanceMap, and it sucks. It's so jumbled and complicated, I dunno where to begin, and I can't see any way to add in your own tilesets, so that's useless to me. So, I was right, that's nowhere near what I need, and I probably won't be touching it again, anytime soon.

A poor workman blames his tools. If you took time to read tutorials, you would know how to add tiles, as I can, and I didn't use tutorials.

No one has ever complained about A-Map as it is now. It takes time (like everything) to get used to. If you actually use it more than once, and take time to LEARN, you will start to get it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
A poor workman blames his tools. If you took time to read tutorials, you would know how to add tiles, as I can, and I didn't use tutorials.

No one has ever complained about A-Map as it is now. It takes time (like everything) to get used to. If you actually use it more than once, and take time to LEARN, you will start to get it.

It doesn't import new tilesets, I have to download a freaking rom to use it in the first place, and contrary to popular belief, I wasn't able to find an option to save your work as an image file...no, thank you, but I'll keep looking, and steer clear of this thing.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It doesn't import new tilesets, I have to download a freaking rom to use it in the first place, and contrary to popular belief, I wasn't able to find an option to save your work as an image file...no, thank you, but I'll keep looking, and steer clear of this thing.

Well, of course you need a ROM, a tool needs a Base ROM to work, as it edits a ROM! The Image File saving is under Tools - Save map Picture. It saves the map.

Anyway, this is one of the greatest tools! And inserting tiles is easy, due to the tool (and I know you didn't check tutorials, as this is in them!) Block Editor in Advance Map!

New Tilesets? Well, you need to change pallette, and replace another one, and actually read tutorials. There is a way for new tilesets, but I think LU-HO is adding it in the New Version. Not sure.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Well, of course you need a ROM, a tool needs a Base ROM to work, as it edits a ROM! The Image File saving is under Tools - Save map Picture. It saves the map.

Anyway, this is one of the greatest tools! And inserting tiles is easy, due to the tool (and I know you didn't check tutorials, as this is in them!) Block Editor in Advance Map!

New Tilesets? Well, you need to change pallette, and replace another one, and actually read tutorials. There is a way for new tilesets, but I think LU-HO is adding it in the New Version. Not sure.

Sorry, but why should I do a full-blown hack of a game JUST so I can make some pretty map pictures? It just doesn't make sense. I've already checked it out, it's not nearly what I'm looking for, it sucks as far as I'm concerned, and I'm never touching it again, ever.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Sorry, but why should I do a full-blown hack of a game JUST so I can make some pretty map pictures? It just doesn't make sense. I've already checked it out, it's not nearly what I'm looking for, it sucks as far as I'm concerned, and I'm never touching it again, ever.

OK, Pretty map pictures? Why anyway? You don't need to make a hack, but why just make pictures? You can just do them anyway without making a hack, but you need a ROM to make them with this.

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Okay then, I find we've got us a little "MORON ALERT ACTIVATED!" Someone here needs to learn the virtues of patience, downloading, and the thought of entertaining at least a thousand people with a game you make, instead of degrading the hard work someone put into something used to make the game. If I were you, I'd STFU and GTFO these forums before you get IP-Banned.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
OK, Pretty map pictures? Why anyway? You don't need to make a hack, but why just make pictures? You can just do them anyway without making a hack, but you need a ROM to make them with this.

Why do I have to have the rom, anyway, when I already have the tilesets I want to use? That makes no sense; there's no point in me going through the trouble to get a rom, hack into it, and mess around with it, just to make the map I want to save as a picture, when I've got the tilemaps I want to use already saved on my computer WITHOUT needing to hack into a rom to get them. It's pointless, and not what I need. MAYBE if I was going to make a full-blown Pokemon game, but even then, I'd stick with something like RPG Maker for that.

What's so hard for you to understand that I don't like or want to use AdvanceMap? It's not what I need OR am looking for. All I'm looking for and need is a simple tile-based map creator that I can use the tilemaps I already have, can save the map as image files, and is ready to go upon startup without hacking into a game. That's not so difficult to understand, is it? AdvanceMap just doesn't suit my needs, period, so stop trying to push it on me, and if you don't know of any other program that could match what I AM looking for, then leave it at that.

On that note, I'm still looking for a tileset for the Pokemon worldmaps. Even if you can't give me a reference to a mapmaker that I could possibly use, if you DO know where I can find that tileset, please let me know.

Okay then, I find we've got us a little "MORON ALERT ACTIVATED!" Someone here needs to learn the virtues of patience, downloading, and the thought of entertaining at least a thousand people with a game you make, instead of degrading the hard work someone put into something used to make the game. If I were you, I'd STFU and GTFO these forums before you get IP-Banned.

...Did you even read what I was asking for? I'm NOT making a game with these maps, I'm making the maps for a fanfic project, thus why I need them to be NON-INTERACTIVE. Going in and hacking into a game does NOT equate to that, hence why AdvanceMap is NOT what I'm looking for. Maybe you should learn the virtue of stopping to read what the other person is saying before spouting your mouth off.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
If you aren't hacking a rom, then just leave this section, please. Find your own solutions, this section is for "Rom Hacking" kthnxbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back