• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Eggs

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
When two compatible pokemon go to the day-care center together, they're able to produce pokemon eggs. Pokemon eggs was a new concept introduced to Pokemon Gold, and Silver

egg.png

When you first get an egg, you'll notice in it's status screen how it's doing. Based on the number of steps it'll take, it'll start to shake more and more, in which eventually, it'll hatch into a basic level 5 pokemon! For example, you'd receive an egg from Professor Elm's aide, and it'll hatch into a level 5 Togepi.

What's interesting is that there are newly introduced "baby" pokemon from certain pokemon that are only born from hatching their egg, which includes:

172.gif
173.gif
174.gif
236.gif
238.gif
239.gif
240.gif

That being said... What do you think of this new Pokemon Egg concept? What kinds of memorable pokemon do you remember hatching from eggs? Do you use the pokemon that you hatch from eggs on pokemon teams? Feel free to share thoughts!

Years
When the games came to Czech Republic, all the media called this concept crossbreeding instead of just breeding, so I was really hyped to create my own hybrids. Then I've played the games and found out that you won't get Fire Rhyhorn if you breed Magmar and Rhydon and it was big let down.

Then in Crystal, I got the free egg from Day Care and it hatched into shiny Pichu. I didn't realize it was shiny until I transferred it to Stadium 2. But I would say it was my first ever shiny after Red Gyarados.

Other that that, I wasn't breeding until Gen VI, where I started breeding competitive Pokémon.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Tbh I didn't really bother breeding much until FR/LG egg battle glitch. xD

I think the first thing I ever hatched was a Smoochum in Crystal.

I still hated the bicycle.. so I didn't hatch much of anything in 2nd Gen. xD

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Gosh.
The first hatch I recall aside from Togepi is a Pichu egg in Silver that my best friend had traded me from Gold. That can't have been the first though because Pikachu was exclusively available for capture in Kanto and we beat the elite four for the first time sitting side by side.

I only recently learned of the increased shiny chance of the Crystal Odd Egg but never once did I hatch a shiny out of that damn thing.
Now I no longer have Crystal. My cartridge died in 2014...with a freshly caught Shiny Gastly no less!
After Christmas, I'm getting the Crystal 3DS download.

Back