• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] NOW COMPLETE - Knost's Custom Harklocke - RED

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
UPDATE BEFORE THE ELITE 4

-Did a little grinding and gave out Rare Candies!!

-Going into the Elite 4 with my only items as a Bicycle, 2 Ultraballs and 1 Masterball.

-I'm worried Splinter is going to die. His Defenses are SO LOW. I'll try to not use him.

-The only Pokémon Eligable for the first match are King Boo, Splinter and Mystic to make it a bit more challenging.

-Red isn't available until Agatha.

LETS DO THIS!!!!

TEAM UPDATE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
LORELEI

-King Boo sweeps through Dewgong and Cloyster. Takes an Ice Punch from Jynx leaving King Boo at 132 HP, but KO's back. King Boo takes 50% health from Lapras, but Lapras hits with confuse ray. I don't have a good switch in so I risk it and King Boo hits himself in confusion leaving his Health at 104. Lapras luckily tries Confuse Ray again. King Boo KO's with Thunderbolt.

-Lorelei goes down!! WE ADVANCE!!!!!

-Don't love that King Boo took 53 Points of Damage, but we advance so I'll take it.

BRUNO

-I HAD MY FIRST HEART ATTACK...

-Mystic took down the Onix no problem. Then Bruno brings out Hitmonchan. I weigh my option for a good two minutes (for real) and then I click Fly. My opponent goes for Counter while I'm in the air and I think, "If this doesn't kill and Bruno goes for Counter again. Mystic dies." Mystic flys down hitting the Hitmonchan and leaves it with 1 HP!!!!! Hitmonchan goes for a Mega Punch!! AND MISSES!! Dear Arcues that could have been disastrous....

-HITMONLEE goes for High Jump Kick after Mystic flys into the air, keeps going and hurts itself! Mystic lands the clean KO!!

-Mystic uses Blizzard vs the Machamp and leaves it with 5% HP. Machamp uses focus energy. Mystic KOs with Ice Beam.

-DOWN GOES BRUNO!!!! WE ADVANCE!!!!

AGATHA

-Red is my Lead here.

-Red KOs Gengar with DIG. Red hits Golbat with Fire Blast leaving it with 10% HP. I thought I'd take damage or get confused, but Red also gets the BURN and Agatha uses a Super Potion. Red KOs Golbat with Flamethrower.

-I GET MORE LUCK!!! Red goes for DIG against Arbok and Agatha SWITCHES INTO GENGAR!! Red KOs her ACE GENGAR that would have outsped me!!!
-Arbok goes down to Dig one turn later!!

WE ADVANCE!!!

LANCE

-This one Scares me. King Boo vs the WORLD.

-King Boo KOs Gyarados with a Crit Thunderbolt. King Boo puts Dragonair to sleep after missing twice and KOs it with two Psychics. King Boo sleeps Dragonair again after it wakes up once and KOs it with two Psychics. King Boo KOs Aerodactyl with Thunderbolt. King Boo hits first Hypnosis and then KOs Dragonite with 4 Thunderbolts!!

-LANCE WAS THE EASIEST YET!!!

-WE'RE POKÉMON LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!

...or we would have been, but Gary beat the Elite four before me.

---POKÉMON CHAMPION KANTO - GARY---

-Easily the toughest match yet. After looking through my options I'll lead with Albus. I'm legit worried about his Alakazam. Here goes nothing...

-Albus KOs Pidgeot with Two Psychics. Albus uses 5 Flashes and then swaps to Splinter. Splinter uses three Body Slams to get the Alakazam down to 15% health trying to overcome a Barrier, but takes a Psychic in return living on only 11 HP!!! That was too close. Gary uses a Full Restore on Alakazam, so I swap back to Albus. Albus' Psychic attacks take down Gary's Alakazam special stat 3 stages which means that, regardless of the Alakazam's Recovers, Albus takes it down!!! Wow!!!
-I swap King Boo into Rhydon (he loved this...a little too much) which he KO's instantly bringing his health back to full in the process.
-King Boo stays in vs the Gary's Arcanine and is burned after he misses a Hypnosis. The next one hits and King Boo hits with a Psychic. I see an opportunity for a free switch in so I call back King Boo and send out Red. Arcanine continues to enjoy his nap as Red KO's it with Slash.
-Red KOs Exeggutor with a Fire Blast followed by a Flamethrower after the Exeggutor misses a HYPNOSIS.
-Gary switches in Blastoise who hits my switch in, Albus, with a Blizzard bringing Albus down to 95 HP. Albus uses FLASH and a Hydo Pump takes his health down to 35. Albus uses Recover, but is hit by a bite leaving his HP at 122. Now I tell Albus to fight back and he hits Blastoise with a Psychic taking its health down to 50%. BLASTOISE GOES DOWN TO ANOTHER PSYCHIC!!!!

WE DEFEAT GARY!!!!

WE ARE NOW....
POKÉMON CHAMPIONS OF KANTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Oak inducts my Team and I into the Pokémon Hall of Fame!

-I wake up back at my house after a wild night of partying.

Next: MEWTWO and the Legenday Birds!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Disclaimer:
Spoiler:

MEWTWO

Mewtwo gets Masterballed

MOLTRES

Albus leads against Moltres and, no joke, misses 15 Flashes...all I wanted was this thing at -6...I swap in Splinter to takes Moltres' health down. It's gets off two super Fangs when...Splinter dies to Crit Fire Spin from Moltres...what a cheap death. You lived through the first Eight badges, Team Rocket, the Elite 4, the Champion and Mewtwo. Originally, I caught you and trained you to catch the Legendary Birds and you died before catching the last two...but I'm so proud of you. You put up an amazing fight. I'm sorry Splinter...you were a great friend, a great Pokémon and forever a Champion of Kanto.
RIP old friend.

It took 4 Ultra balls to catch the Moltres....

I don't think we can catch Zapdos in one ball. Mystic was meant to be, but it doesn't ever happen like that.

...but Splinter would want us to try. And so we will....

ZAPDOS

Reeling from the loss of Splinter we all head to the Power Plant a bit defeated. We are only here because of him. He trained and lived so hard for this...the least we can do is try for him...

Face to face with Zapdos...here we go...

Albus leads again. We've been working on Flash and it's accuracy. Let's see if it pays off. Albus hits 6 FLASHES IN A ROW! I then instruct him to use Psychic and he does taking the Zapdos HP down to 50%. I tell him he did a great job as I ask him to return. As he turns, the look he gives me is heartbreaking...as if I can read his thoughts I get the feeling he blames himself for Splinter's death. Before he reaches his Greatball I catch him in a hug. "It's not your fault...these things happen." I click his Pokeball and he turns to a beautiful red energy. "You've done an amazing job." I say as his Greatball clicks.
I then send out King Boo and instruct him to use Thunderbolt which takes the Legendary Bird down to 1 vertical line!!!!! King Boo then hits the Bird with Hypnosis.

I release everyone from their Pokeballs as the Bird sleeps. Albus leans against Mystic. Red stands at my side as I reach for our last ULTRABALL.

We all hold our breaths...

One shake....POP!!!

It breaks out....we all let out a collective sigh as King Boo turns to me and I nod to him, "Finish it." King Boo faints the Bird with a Mega Drain. Still snoring, we leave the Bird sleeping and King Boo joins the rest of us as we gather, circling outside.

"I'm proud of you all. You are all champions..." I say holding my composure. "This is not a failure. This is just the end of this Journey. Splinter would be proud." Albus shakes his head. "We all need to heal and recoup," I say as I place all of their Pokeballs at their feet. "Please go wherever you like. Keep those with you and no other trainer can catch you. I'm proud of you all."

And with that Albus embraces me and dips his head as he walks off. King Boo just laughs with a big smile and disappears. Mystic rubs its head into my chest and then with a flurry of snow, drifts up into the sky. Red doesn't move.

"Where are you going Red?" I say with as genuine a smile as I can muster. He snorts, flames shooting out of his nose, lifts his foot and crushes his Pokeball with a Roar, leaving it shattered and then he just stares at me. "So what now?" I smile. "You're calling your own shots...what do you want to do?" Red lets out a low dragon like growl and steps toward me. "Ok Red," I say with a nod, "Let's go home."

Spoiler:

THE END

Next: The Journey Continues with HEARTGOLD!

Last edited:

MyFavoriteWordisRollerBlade

CrystalLip (on fanfiction.net)
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
You have something potentially very interesting here. I like that you take us step-by-step through your journey and explain your thought process. It's coherent and I understand the main points that you're drawing.

Now, there are some areas where you can improve. Specifically, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. As a way to improve in those areas, always step away from your rough draft for a day or two and then come back to it and reread it with fresh eyes. Usually, you'll catch more mistakes that way before you post. Additionally, you don't need to put the names in caps. Instead of SPLINTER, you can put Splinter.

If you plan to convert this into a novelization, I see a lot of potential in world building aspects because of those additional rules you've set.

Anyway, keep writing, you're doing good.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
You have something potentially very interesting here. I like that you take us step-by-step through your journey and explain your thought process. It's coherent and I understand the main points that you're drawing.

Now, there are some areas where you can improve. Specifically, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. As a way to improve in those areas, always step away from your rough draft for a day or two and then come back to it and reread it with fresh eyes. Usually, you'll catch more mistakes that way before you post. Additionally, you don't need to put the names in caps. Instead of SPLINTER, you can put Splinter.

If you plan to convert this into a novelization, I see a lot of potential in world building aspects because of those additional rules you've set.

Anyway, keep writing, you're doing good.

Thank you and I completely agree with everything you've said. I like the note on the names as I had originally written the names in all caps for taking down notes for myself.

We all have our strengths and, though I am confident in the strength of my creativity, my grammar isn't always as strong lol. I rely pretty heavily on a good editor. I'll make sure I send it through the person that helps me out with that before posting again.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
It was fun reading this. Good job!

I don't think I could handle restricting myself to only using pok? balls found on the ground, especially when catching legendaries was part of the challenge :O. No wonder you called it a Hardlocke. xD

Good luck with your next quest! ^_^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
It was fun reading this. Good job!

I don't think I could handle restricting myself to only using pok? balls found on the ground, especially when catching legendaries was part of the challenge :O. No wonder you called it a Hardlocke. xD

Good luck with your next quest! ^_^

Thank you SO MUCH for reading. I'm glad it was a fun read!

Restricting myself to found Pokeballs makes catching my party a little more like it was when I first started playing as a kid. It adds a lot of anxiousness and strategy to planning and the actual hunt. :) You should try it some time!

And, if you ever have the time, be sure to read the Gold version as it and all of my Challenges connect!

Thanks again! :)

Update: I went through and did a little editing. I also took out all of the Caps on my Pokemon's nicknames. :) Thanks again to the people that gave feedback.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Added brief evolution/personality summaries to Pok?mon team members under their pictures. Let me know if you like these and I'll add them to the others!

Last edited:
Back