• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

cliches

Years
Nobody really wants to use cliches because they're, well, cliche. But they tend to happen to us writers anyway. What cliches do you find in your writing? Or what cliches have you used as a necessary evil?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Actually, it's really hard to say. I think one of my biggest cliches is the main character falling for her best friend. I do this one a lot because I have a hard time with two characters getting to know each other. Since I have poor social skills, it's really hard for them to start from scratch and go from there. :c

Years
One I often see is the main character being this brave-hero-person. The knight in shining armor if you will. Of course, a lot of stories have to have a hero in them, but I like to see things that you wouldn't expect. Almost like a reluctant hero or an unlikely hero. In the story I am currently righting (Aisu, you read some of it) I made my main character an average-skilled person. He was even threatened and gave in to it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Idk if this counts as a cliche, but I tend to make things too epic and serious. So much so that it's not fun or enjoyable because it's too heavy handed

Back