• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Request] Fakemon Sprites / Team

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 28, 2018
I'm working on a Pokemon fan game. I know, shocker around here, right? :) It's not a ROM hack; it's a full game made from scratch using GameMaker Studio, coded from the ground up. It's called Pokemon Gemini, comprised of the paired games Castor and Pollux. The idea is to address some of the biggest story and gameplay issues that older Pokemon fans have had with the core series: to bring to the game a slightly more mature and "realistic" plot, and to increase the challenge without turning it into a hardcore nightmare.

For reasons ranging from creativity to future copyright issue rebuttals, I'd like this game to have only Fakemon, no real Pokemon. The coding for all this I can handle, but the art? Well, I'm no artist, and I'd show you proof of that, but I don't want your eyes to bleed.

So I'm looking for people who want to help build up the Fakemon sprites for Gemini. Unfortunately... I can't pay you. (Wait, no, come back, don't leave...) I wish I could, but this game is a hobby project. I won't be making any money from it, so I won't have any to pay. I'm hoping that around here, we all love Pokemon, and maybe you're willing to channel that love into some art? They do say labors of love are more rewarding than labors of cash, don't they? (If they don't, they should.)

Anyway, that's the request. The region of Gemini will be loosely based around New Zealand, with its two-island geography. As such, many of the Fakemon will be based on Kiwi flora, fauna, and myths. A few won't be. The game will need at least front and back battle sprites in Gen V style; overworld/'dex sprites won't be necessary, but would be nice if you want to be extra generous :)

If you'd like to help, please comment here or message me :) Once I see there's anyone willing to join the project, I'll post some example Fakemon art request details (name, description, etc.).

Thanks for reading this far, and especially thank you for anyone willing to help :)

Last edited:
Back