• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Teams You’ve Used

Years
Favorite Teams You?ve Used

What are a couple of your Playthrough teams that you enjoyed the most?

I have two that really stand out against the others. First is my Pearl team that I used last year. I?ve only played through Sinnoh once, and that was last Spring/Summer. My team was...
Spoiler:

The other team I really liked was my Black playthrough last August. It included...
Spoiler:

So what are your favorite teams that you?ve used?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm limited to Pokemon Yellow and although Pikachu is my starter(and in many runs I've had it in my team from start to finish), I think my best and most favorite team was the following:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Gale of Darkness

My team was:

Breloom
Ursaring
Crobat
Vaporeon
Claydol
Dusclops

I used 2 of my favorite Pokemon, and they all had synergy.

Dusclops had Will-O-Wisp, which could burn Ursaring and increase attack because of guts ability. Claydol could spam Earthquake with Crobat as a partner, I kept Stun Spore on Breloom, so that could also boost Ursaring. Vaporeon could always tank hits. Facade was also on Ursaring, so that + guts could destroy anything.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I purchased Pok?mon Crystal for the 3DS Virtual Console when I had a lot of animation-related activities on.

Anyways, here's my final Crystal team.

1. Tick-Tock the Feraligatr
2. Pacifica the Espeon
3. Mr.Pickles the Houndoom
4. Ralph the Rhydon
5. Bird Jesus the Pidgeot
6. Plant Sam the Victreebel

Honourable Mention: Rasputin the Kadabra, Batman the Crobat, Godzilla the Tyranitar, and Mrs.Thwomp the Graveler.

This team is my most prized, since I finally got to play some Generation II after skipping it as a child. Since I did play Crystal this year, some memories are fresh in my mind. I purchased Pok?Bank some time later to transfer a lot of my older Pok?mon from past games into the latest generation.

Feraligatr was my go-to mon for taking hits while dealing some decent damage despite it's average Sp. Atk. Kadabra and Espeon have their own uses, but I used the latter as a gimmicky sweeper with Bite and Zap Cannon, which can be useful against Red's Blastoise. Kadabra was objectively my strongest Pok?mon throughout Johto and Kanto, since it can learn the elemental punches (which were all categorised as special back then), next to Rhydon and Houndoom.

Houndoom, despite being restricted to Kanto, helped me immensely due to having a solid Sp. Atk, which complements Dark and Fire very well. Rhydon did a very good job at being a physical brute, despite DynamicPunch and Rollout being very situational moves. Pidgeot was mostly used as my flyer, but Quick Attack, Hyper Beam (despite the nerf), and Fly did come in handy sometimes. Weepinbell was not easy to use due to Vine Whip having low PP for a weak move, but it made up for it with Sleep Powder. Once it learned Razor Leaf and Sludge Bomb, it then became a viable asset.

Since my Geodude was female, it made the fight against Whitney a lot easier than anticipated. Crobat was my intended Flying-type, but the inability to learn Sludge Bomb and how late it could learn Wing Attack really held it back. Tyranitar took a while to obtain, since I wanted a male, and I had to do a lot of grinding.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Probably this team I used during my I think second playthrough of Emerald (showing the team variation I used to grind through Battle Frontier):

LGBT - Gardevoir
Kingslayer - Volbeat
PotLuck - Sceptile
Flashlight - Ampharos
Hunger - Sharpedo
Scarlet - Crobat

I used Magneton and Absol to beat the E4, but replaced them with Ampharos and Sceptile after unlocking Safari Zone, Johto Edition.

I decided to turn Crobat into a rather classical Choice Band attacker since Fly and (especially) Sludge Bomb were both strong physical STAB moves, giving it Shadow Ball and Steel Wing as coverage options. Unfortunately U-Turn only came one generation later or I would've abused it here as is.

Volbeat actually was my hidden MVP. After a bit of breeding, it was capable to Baton Pass Tail Glow and Double Team around, enabling a very easy sweeping time. Mostly for Gardevoir or Sharpedo though.

I opted for a SubSalac Gardevoir set because I like being faster than my opponents. (Shame Volbeat couldn't pass Agility in Emerald.) Plus, with a couple of evasion boosts and one Tail Glow, it already ate through teams with Psychic and Thunderbolt. And since I was that kind of guy, I gave it Hypnosis too.

Ampharos was running a similar set (because I never run without an Electric type. I find it one of the more useful types to carry), although making use of Reflect/Light Screen to boost its survival capabilities.

Sharpedo, of course, is very fragile. Although with Emerald being lackluster in the priority department (Espeed being generally rare, and Mach Punch not being that common yet either) and a few Passes from Volbeat, stopping it became a very difficult task. Especially since it DOES learn Agility, unlike Gardevoir and Ampharos do in Emerald.
I also alternated its item around, but ultimatively settled on a King's Rock. That extra flinch always came in when I needed it.

And Sceptile was used as a classic SubSeeder. Annoying strategy as is, but sometimes you've got to be annoying to prevail. SubSeeding with Toxic tacked on is even more annoying. SubSeeding with Toxic and held Leftovers, occasionally being passed to by Volbeat, was very nice to have and play. Especially in grinding the Frontier Heads.

Years
My absolute favourite is the one I used on Sapphire all these years back. At the time, I had no idea there is 3rd generation of Pok?mon as it wasn't advertised. The games were just released without the word. So I went blind into the game in the language I didn't know and somehow beat it.

swampert.png
gardevoir.png
dustox.png
torkoal.png
tropius.png
hariyama.png

I also used Linoone up until the Victory Road, where I swap it for Hariyama.

I also liked my Y team. I used Lucario and legendary Pok?mon - Yveltal for the 1st time and it was interesting experience. This was my main team:
greninja.gif
charizard.gif
meowstic-f.gif
lucario.gif
snorlax.gif

And I rotated some of the Pok?mon during the run:
pikachu-f.gif
lapras.gif
yveltal.gif

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
These two teams, both from Ultra Moon, I cherish the most:

Team 1​
120px-730Primarina_Dream.png

Splash Woman
Yes, I soft reset the game a few times to get a female Popplio. Anyway, this Primarina has some decent type coverage. Considering the fact that your starter looks at you when you approach the Pok?mon League in USUM, it makes her all the more memorable.

120px-737Charjabug_Dream.png

Best Mon II
Don't judge me. I kept my Charjabug the way it is, and I love him. He's one of the bulkier members of my team.

120px-763Tsareena_Dream.png

H Mayonnaise
Yes, this is what I named my Tsareena. I love her. Not as much as Best Mon II, but still a very cherished member on my team.

120px-142Aerodactyl_Dream.png

Delta
I needed more fast members, so she was pretty much a necessity.

104px-804Naganadel_Dream.png

XLR8
I felt like using an Ultra Beast, OK?

120px-637Volcarona_Dream.png

Sun-Saluter
This girl was a pain to catch, but she was worth it. I needed more Special attackers.

Team 2​

120px-763Tsareena_Dream.png

H Mayonnaise
Yes, I put her on this team too, because to me a Gardevoir goes well with a Tsareena.

117px-445Garchomp_Dream.png

MSPlayer
Uh, yeah. Even though Garchomp pretty much makes everything a breeze, I didn't really know that so I put her here.

107px-584Vanilluxe_Dream.png

Cool Kid
I remember when this Vanilluxe made a Tentacruel kill itself with Struggle by using Taunt.

120px-282Gardevoir_Mega_Dream.png

Rocketproof
His name is an homage to my Gardevoir in Alpha Sapphire, Waterproof, aptly named for being my main anti-Team Aqua Pok?mon.

120px-796Xurkitree_Dream.png

Ya Boi
My favorite Ultra Beast deserved a spot on this theme.

120px-773Silvally_Ghost_Dream.png

Big Whoopsie
A jack-of-all-trades Pok?mon who I kept a Ghost-type.

Other Pok?mon I used to put in my UM team

120px-206Dunsparce_Dream.png

Goofboi
I love Dunsparce, so I put one on my team at one point. Not surprising, eh?

90px-428Lopunny_Dream.png

Cream
I felt like I needed a Buneary once...

85px-181Ampharos_Dream.png

Sheep Woman
Though I didn't really need another Electric-type, I love Mareep.

120px-675Pangoro_Dream.png

Jolyne
Not really sure why I put her on my team, but she was useful.

Back