• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
And for the OW's look in the metadata and read this file:

Spoiler:

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
Oh Thanks, and here is the last question:

A have made an Hiro Haus. After a few steps walking there is this error:

Party 1 has no Pokemon.
PokeBattle_Battle:234:in `initialize'
PokemonField:221:in `new'
PokemonField:221:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:429:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:618:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:25:in `update'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Scene_Map:62:in `loop'
Scene_Map:69:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:59:in `mainFunction'
Main:63
Main:62:in `loop'
Main:71

How can i fix that?

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
Thanks.

Err, I have a problem. I don't understand on the trainernames.txt.

Like, I put 83,LEADER_Ratsner, LEADER, ???,,,,MALE

What should I put for that number..Like for the Elite Four ones it says "100". He is the first gym leader, what should I put there?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Thanks.

Err, I have a problem. I don't understand on the trainernames.txt.

Like, I put 83,LEADER_Ratsner, LEADER, ???,,,,MALE

What should I put for that number..Like for the Elite Four ones it says "100". He is the first gym leader, what should I put there?

The number is the multiplier for the money. The highest level will be multiplied with that.

So for example: 83,LEADER_Ratsner, LEADER, 80,,,,Male
Strongest Pokémon of him is Lv. 14 --> 14*80= You'll get 1,120$. Also write 'Male' not 'MALE' or you'll get an error

Nice Poccil Thanks. All works fine now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Sascha: Try editing the Metadata.txt and Encounters.txt files, as you seem to have data left from the demo. Read notes.html - it will tell you what to change.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
OK, I've just learnt Ruby, so should be able to help some people out with scripting related questions (hopefully).

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
Thanks. :)

Beh..Another Question..When I go to a map, I can still see the black behind stuff. I fill in the whole map, yet I still can see black. For example, when I go towards trees and it scrolls and everything, then you can see black..I don't want that. :(

Atomic Reactor

if so then you need to increase the size of the map and fill in the edges with trees or whatevere is on the outside preventing you from going there.
or just add more trees so you cant get as close to the edge

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The easiest way to do it is to make your map normally. Say you have 2x2 tile trees around all the edges. Then, right click on the map name in the window on the left, and increase it by 2*(7-2), where the first 2 means both the edges, 7 is how far your character can see (in tiles), and the second 2 is the closest the character can get to the map edge (2 because you have at least one 2x2 size tree separating the player from the edge). For this example, I would increase them by 10. Click OK.
You may notice the map is not centered. To fix this, right click on the map name again, and click Shift. Shift it down by half the amount you enlarged it by in the first part. Then do the same again, but shift it right instead.
Finally, fill in the blank space.
Tip: you can select tiles off the map by dragging with the right mouse button. I use this by selecting two trees from a diagonal grid, then use the Fill tool to create a non-square forest.
Hope I helped!

Last edited:

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
Years
I have a question: My trainer is in the Trainernames.txt file , in the trainers.txt file, in the trainernames.dat file and in the trainers.dat file and still my game says: "Can't find trainer RIVAL ?????,1"

What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
MisterTdK:

Just so you know: In the more recent releases, that error message would be replaced with a message asking whether to add the Trainer.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Is there a way to have a Town Map instead of a Pokégear? If not, how would you add Pokégear to the Menu?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I don't know if you noticed that but the Cherim Backsprites are with messed up colors...I don't know if it's just me but...I made ones with right colors. Just replace them:

Here is the normal one:

1. With hard pixel || 128x128
9e2df401e5.png

And with smoothed pixel(Looks better like the one above)
c770e5e4dd.png

2. Shiny with hard pixel || 128x128
9eae65cc54.png

And with smoothing
9be0be055a.png

Just hit right click on them and save them in pokestarter/Garphics/Battlers

The names are
421b.png
421sb.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
In Paint, you don't stretch the backsprites that way.

You hit CTRL+A, then CTRL+W, to Sketch and Skew it. In the top two boxes, type 200, and then hit enter. It is perfectly resized.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
These both are also perfectly resized....lol. But the bottom one I used Smoothing borders to make it look better because D/P resizes of 128x128 look not so good.... x_x
And here for D/P fans:
f046f21496.png

14915cb5fe.png

I'll do the playerbase0, too to have the set complete. The first one is battlebg0.png the second one is enemybase0.png

Add: Here so it looks in game:

3f3808f633.bmp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back