• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Great work! They look great and there are so many!! haha
Do you think that you could upload all of the sprites you've done to the resource? Like the gen v ones that you had from earlier in this thread?

Yep. I planned to do that. Well, I'm now fixing to those I have done.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Uh... I saw that Aerodactyl wasn't done in the list, so I went for it:

JOPCAdA.png

I hope it looks fine. :)
(Credit to Chaos Rush for the first sprite)

EDIT: I done Electivire too. Here it is:

eJuOGEH.png

(Again, credit to Chaos Rush for the resized first sprite and back sprite)

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Dude your are god sent for doing Emerald sprites.
SO many people will be pleased with these and about the statement at the beginning about the ''rip off'' I think it's the total opposite of that.
A different perspective is always good.

*I don't know if you will read this but could you do the sprites of Gyarados and Dragonite from HH and SS?Just a personal preference.
Don't take it as an order from a unknown drooling boy from who knows where.Instead take it as a pledge from a fan.

Thanks!

Gyarados no, because the Platinum one is already done (also the sizes wouldn't work it'd be too skinny)

I've done up the HGSS Dragonite front sprite, but to be honest it looks rather small. I don't think i'll use it.

If this is a thing, I have only one request for future, use Platinum sprites for Garchomp

I was going to try and do that. The dimensions might not work though.

More soon... you may guys check out the album here: http://imgur.com/a/kHcCc I upload every two weeks starting today. Since I got hotspot in my house too, I might upload anytime I want.

All good. I'll accept them once I do the sugimori palettes for Gen 4 and 5. Kill two birds with one stone.

wait wait, where are Gen IV for Fire red?

Clearly not done yet.

Uh... I saw that Aerodactyl wasn't done in the list, so I went for it:

Accepted! I've tweaked it a bit, because you didn't follow the colours from the FR one, and you didn't do side by side comparisons of the sprites so some features aren't the same.

Really good effort though! Electivire is provisionally accepted too.

---------------------------------

Here are the newest sprites! They're from Gen I so far. Really aiming to get that finished for Emerald before I finish the rest of them. Though if you submit them, I'll do those.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Here's Palkia... sorry for making myself dead for second frames... my laptop was broken again since the first week of february so I have its hdd to look up files... at least that's the latest second frame work before it got broken.
T4mQiTc.png

EDIT: And there is a slight problem on the Emerald Metagross sprite which is there are transparent pixels on the second frame area.

EDIT2: In a chase, here's Dialga:

fyqvdil.png

Full customized sprite... just moving and cleaning parts to match the original second frame from the the Platinum Version. Well, just clean it up (including the Palkia) if you needed to. Alright! I guess this would be my last contribution for a while. I was just using the school's computer for doing projects for school but I got time for miscellaneous things so I continued the Dialga sprite. Well, my laptop cannot be fixed but can be replaced parts... but the price for the parts is same as the price of buying a new one. So I would rather buy a new one but too very soon and not close enough since I have to work for money. When I got a new one, I would continue working for this. R.I.P. Laptop. :'(

EDIT 4:
RE: Lillipup:
QdGLQPi.png

RE: Herdier:
mTVXvLj.png

Stoutland:
HHvPxun.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Hi MrDollSteak,

Great job on changing the palettes! I've always been fascinated by the Sugimori artwork.
The following sprites are removed form imgur:

102. Exeggcute
103. Exeggutor
104. Cubone

Could you please reupload them?

When I inserted this Deoxys sprite:
386. Deoxys (Normal Forme)

I noticed that the colors were not properly indexed, could you perhaps reupload the sprites mentioned above and index the colors of the Deoxys sprite? Thank you very much!

MrDollSteak

Years
So is this thing still continuing and stuff? Just askin..

Yup!

Here's Palkia... sorry for making myself dead for second frames... my laptop was broken again since the first week of february so I have its hdd to look up files... at least that's the latest second frame work before it got broken.

EDIT: And there is a slight problem on the Emerald Metagross sprite which is there are transparent pixels on the second frame area.

EDIT2: In a chase, here's Dialga:

All accepted.

Got an easy one done.
I think I may have missed a few shading errors on the second frame! Sorry.

Probably accepted.

Hi MrDollSteak,

Great job on changing the palettes! I've always been fascinated by the Sugimori artwork.
The following sprites are removed form imgur:

102. Exeggcute
103. Exeggutor
104. Cubone

Could you please reupload them?

When I inserted this Deoxys sprite:
386. Deoxys (Normal Forme)

I noticed that the colors were not properly indexed, could you perhaps reupload the sprites mentioned above and index the colors of the Deoxys sprite? Thank you very much!

All fixed I believe.

Here's the burmy evolution line if you want to use it

These are just the Vanilla Second Frame sprites (so yes they're accepted, but I'm not going to give you credit, sorry about that)

-----------------------------------

Sorry for such a long wait for an update guys. I've actually completely finished Gen IV (except for some alternate formes and a few possible resizes I want to do), So I'll upload those soon.

Anyway, here are some more Gen I second frames I've gotten done. Only got 26 to go!!

Spoiler:

I've also touched up some positions on some of the Fire Red sprites.

When I'm done with Gen I, I'll upload a zip with both the FR and EM sprites for you to pick from (which will have all the correct positions). Those will also mean that the ones in the OP will be fully updated and won't change.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Dragonite
hTP2rMw.png

Once reading the entire thread. I just thought that you won't be using HGSS Dragonite due to the size which you have thought of it to be small. Well, glad that you have finally decided up to use it. It is very good though. :)

MrDollSteak

Years
Once reading the entire thread. I just thought that you won't be using HGSS Dragonite due to the size which you have thought of it to be small. Well, glad that you have finally decided up to use it. It is very good though. :)

That is true, I did initially say that. But then when I tried to do the second frame, I noticed the DPPT one would need to be resized again to about 60x60 which I thought was too small. I managed to do the HGSS one by resizing it to like 67 pixels and cutting its foot and antennae down a little bit!

Anyway, here are some more sprites.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
nBcekBW.png

I hope it's all dandy and stuff! If it's not up to your expectations, feel free to reject it.

MrDollSteak

Years
nBcekBW.png

I hope it's all dandy and stuff! If it's not up to your expectations, feel free to reject it.

That's pretty creative actually, mixing the Gen 5 one with the DP one (I've also done that with a few sprites). It definitely seems to work. So I'll tentatively accept that.

Anyway here are the rest of the Gen I sprites I have done. I'm only missing the Eevee family, which I'll upload after I finish Gen IV, as that means I'll be able to upload Leafeon and Glaceon too.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
That's pretty creative actually, mixing the Gen 5 one with the DP one (I've also done that with a few sprites). It definitely seems to work. So I'll tentatively accept that.

Anyway here are the rest of the Gen I sprites I have done. I'm only missing the Eevee family, which I'll upload after I finish Gen IV, as that means I'll be able to upload Leafeon and Glaceon too.

You're almost done for Gen I. Should I congratulate you now? Haha! Awesome dude, and I'm finally hyped to see Gen IV! Let's see if I can get back to spriting nowadays 'cause I'd like to cooperate again.

EDIT: On your OP, EM Onix's link leads to FR Magmar sprite. :3

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
You're almost done for Gen I. Should I congratulate you now? Haha! Awesome dude, and I'm finally hyped to see Gen IV! Let's see if I can get back to spriting nowadays 'cause I'd like to cooperate again.

EDIT: On your OP, EM Onix's link leads to FR Magmar sprite. :3

Fixed thanks!

So I've uploaded Gen IV to the OP, and the Gen I second frames are all completed on the OP too.

Rather than posting everything here, here are the completed sheets!

Gen I Second Frames
Spoiler:

Gen IV
Spoiler:

Credits to Raileys (now Sky High) for Cresselia's front sprite, and a heap of second frames that you can't see on that sheet.
The second frames aren't completely done, but there are quite a few in there, and as always credits to Chaos Rush for providing
the basis for most of these sprites! Check the OP to see the credits for each specific sprite.

I also need to do the Arceus formes, because there isn't any official artwork for that.
I'll work something out soon.

I'll mostly be doing Gen II and Gen IV second frames from this point forward as those tend to be the Pokemon I prefer, but
there will be Gen III ones in there at some point.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
It seems that you do not have Starly's sprite. Well, I made one for you:

CjeXfmB.png

I used the second frame from Platinum and fixed up the outlines on its head (the darker line is now on the left side). Hope this one pass into your standards. Alright! Here are 28 sprites I have made recently (update: 2015-06-28), already Sugi-colored (hope they pass as well):

Spoiler:

Quite a mess but if you like the second bases, feel free to fix those. Or, If some of these won't satisfy you. Feel free to reject.

LOL! This is my 151st post? Haha! XD Prof. Oak, I have completed Kanto Posts Dex. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Here's a mini batch for Emerald. I've recolored them to the palettes you used in the FR versions so they should be fine. There might be a few mistakes though, I don't know.

yuZWtcL.png

cOe1zyC.png

HzcQydy.png

Wv5f4RI.png

bwXnoKO.png

AxVz7EX.png

Hopefully they're good enough! :)

MrDollSteak

Years
It seems that you do not have Starly's sprite. Well, I made one for you:

CjeXfmB.png

I used the second frame from Platinum and fixed up the outlines on its head (the darker line is now on the left side). Hope this one pass into your standards. Alright! Here are 28 sprites I have made recently (update: 2015-06-28), already Sugi-colored (hope they pass as well):
Spoiler:

Quite a mess but if you like the second bases, feel free to fix those. Or, If some of these won't satisfy you. Feel free to reject.

LOL! This is my 151st post? Haha! XD Prof. Oak, I have completed Kanto Posts Dex. XD

All accepted! Absolutely fantastic stuff. Dusclops looks especially good.

Here's a mini batch for Emerald. I've recolored them to the palettes you used in the FR versions so they should be fine. There might be a few mistakes though, I don't know.

Spoiler:

Hopefully they're good enough! :)
They're all great! I'll accept all of them except Espeon (just because I've already done it).

Here's my next batch of second frames for Gen II!

Spoiler:

Also, I've started a new sprite project that I might as well incorporate here.
Which is the recolouring and animating of the new Gen VI icons!

I've finished Gen I (to coincide with the second frame sprites) and am working through
Gen II at the moment.

Spoiler:

I know it seems a bit silly that I keep taking up different sprite things, but the icons
were something I felt I needed to do to match the aesthetics of this resource, which
is based on accurate depictions of the Pokemon in terms of palettes and proportions.

Last edited:
Back