• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Romance Cliches

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 26, 2016
I'm planning on writting a pokemonxpokemon fanfiction, and since I have no experience in pokemon fanfics what are some cliches you avid readers have come across? I prefer not to give too many details away yet as I don't want people stealing my idea (I'm paranoid I know).

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Well, I haven't really read those kinds of shipping stories before, but I do know that lots of people do these things a lot:

1) The pokemon are portrayed as human-like, living lives the way humans do (kind of like in the Mystery Dungeon series).

2) They are pokemon that are similar in some way (e.g. foxes, like a Braxien and LUcario in love).

3) They are pokemon that look a bit like humans already.

4) Giving genderless pokemon genders for no particular reason (e.g. Darkrai is called "him").

Basically, don't make your pokemon too much like humans. Be creative with their powers and the way they live!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 26, 2016
In terms of that, what would a non-animal pokemon eat? something like muk or electrode. Can't imagine it being berries or even meat.

Also if bestiality is not ok, then is make radically different creatures fall in love fine? Not arguing here, just want to know so I don't write something people will find too weird. One of my pokemon is humanoid, but the other is not human-like at all.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
In terms of that, what would a non-animal pokemon eat? something like muk or electrode. Can't imagine it being berries or even meat.
Well, maybe they eat things that match their types? For instance, an Electrode sucking energy from a power plant, or Muk eating garbage?

Also if bestiality is not ok, then is make radically different creatures fall in love fine? Not arguing here, just want to know so I don't write something people will find too weird. One of my pokemon is humanoid, but the other is not human-like at all.
I think human/pokemon romance is okay, it's just sexual content that's not. It would probably require a lot of build-up for it to be convincing, though.

Years

If you look at Egg groups, Pokemon with no sort of anatomic relation can come together and mate, so I don't think there's an imaginative limit to the Pokemon that can have a relationship with each other.

Back