• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

About create icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
Hi, this could be a stupiid question, but Im trying to create some icons and I have issues when Im going to insert

I put this examples, the first one is an original one and fit perfect when I put it on game
aT1BmR0.png
[/IMG]

The second one is edited by me and when I put in game it shows really bad

QmiC97W.png
[/IMG]

Im just asking why the second dont show correctly ingame and the first oone does.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
i think the problem is with the palette of colors that you used while making the icons.
in gen 3 games there are only 3 palettes so for the icon to show up properly you HAVE to use those colors only.
the three palettes are (separated by a white line) :
T8jp8xy.png

the dugtrio icon has been recolored using one of these palettes so that it could work with the gen 3 games, but your icon uses a different palette that you made, not the one that the game uses.

so if you use one of those palettes, whichever fits the most (you'll have to give up some quality sadly)and recolor your icon, it should work fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
i think the problem is with the palette of colors that you used while making the icons.
in gen 3 games there are only 3 palettes so for the icon to show up properly you HAVE to use those colors only.
the three palettes are (separated by a white line) :
T8jp8xy.png

the dugtrio icon has been recolored using one of these palettes so that it could work with the gen 3 games, but your icon uses a different palette that you made, not the one that the game uses.

so if you use one of those palettes, whichever fits the most (you'll have to give up some quality sadly)and recolor your icon, it should work fine.

Thanks bro! that was exactly the problem! This thread can be closed now!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
as long as your sure! glad you found the result you want and feel free to contact me if you want this reopened. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back