• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pocky & Rocky [SNES]

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
pockyandrock.png

Let's Play! by Aizuke @ pokecommunity

Hey guys! Soo this is my first official LP. XD; So bare with me as I am still new to this. :B

Um I decided to LP a game called Pocky and Rocky (orly now? I couldn't tell even with the huge banner above) which is kinda different to most of the pokemon LP's I'm seeing here. :B It's a fairly old game that was on SNES, I played it when I was little. :3 Well I played number 2 actually, and this is the first one so I'm new to the story line and everything. XD Also a little something different is it's a video. :D So you can hear my quirky voice, haha. So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy it, and if I'm doing anything wrong, please feel free to comment me about it. XD;

Also to explain the beginning I was LPing another game beforehand called WonderBoy which was on the Sega Master, but yeah, I stopped it because it's so freaking hard. XD; Annd I'm kinda sick so it's hard for me to talk. Hopefully the more I LP, the better I'll get at this, since I'm kinda nervous about it. ^^;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Your first try is better than most first tries at LPs, but it could be better. I like it because you did an LP of a game that wasn't LPed to death(as far as I know) and you weren't boring, but your commentary could improve. I know I'm not the only one who watches LPs and mainly(if not only) cares about the commentary.

So yeah D:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I actually liked watching that. Different game from the usual that is played and Australian accents are always nice to listen to. I watch a few LPers that commentate similar to you, so I don't think there was a problem with that. Keep it up. :)

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Luck; Yeaah I don't really have high expectations of myself since I'm all new to this. XD; I guess the more I do, the more I'll get use to talking and improve. :3

Klippy; glad you enjoyed it! XD; Yeah I tried to go for a game that no one else has done, well on PC. Better to watch a game you haven't seen before, and it's interesting at least, well I'd think so. XD; Although I'm trying to do a video/stage a day, so there will be more to come!

Alright! Soo I've managed to get past stage 2, and I've cut it into two videos, but yeah as I said, I'm trying to aim for a stage a day, hoping I get enough free time to record something. :P

As for the second video, feel free to skip the boss battle if you get sick of me complaining about it. XD;

edit; I just realised the sound is out of sync hahaha. I have no idea what happened there.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 2, Part 1

Pocky & Rocky Stage 2, Part 2

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Haha, I love your comments! XD

I'd never actually bothered to look up videos of Pocky & Rocky, but I've heard it mentioned a few times. Gotta agree with Klippy on this one, it's much more fun to watch a LP of a game you've never actually played - let alone really seen in my case. Oh, and you know your Australian accent kicks ass, Malyka. :P

Looking forward to episode four! :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Alright, I haven't watched the latest videos because I'm tired, and I'm still jumping around this section like a five year old and want to pop out as many quick reviews as possible.

First thing I have to get out there is that Australian accents are hot and would, in any case, increase this LP's worth by a factor of 3.73 with its mere presence. I've come to this conclusion after literally dozens of seconds of research, so you can rest assured that I'm not making this **** up.

Now onto the LP's actual content, it was fairly typical of an early video LP, though with much clearer audio than I usually expect from those, as the creators are often inexperienced with audio equipment. The actual commentary was decent, nothing groundbreaking as you seem to be playing it safe and just describing what is happening on screen. I'd like to see a little more comedy interjected into the story bits, as what has been shown so far is kind of beyond ridiculous ("A mantle? Seriously? Like from above a fireplace?").

All in all though, not bad, and I'll be sure to watch future videos, especially as you're playing a game I've never played myself nor have I ever even heard of this game before.

Sixty-two broken pine cones out of eighty.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Hiidoran; Thanks Larry. XD; Yeah, there are probably millions of pokemon LP's or Mario one's. Although I might do a Mario LP later, but set myself a challenge so it's more easier.

..Ehh my accent. XD;;

Yuoaman; Haha, Australian accents are hot? Thanks. XD; Although with that fact, it's kinda something I will ponder about.

Even though I am inexperienced with LPing itself, I probaly wouldn't have done it at all if I knew my LP's would be of low quality sound and video wise. I've seen enough low quality youtube videos to put myself off from watching and I'd rather not have that kind of experience when people watch my own videos. Ah yes, commentary, I'm getting use to talking to myself, as the next couple of videos will show. :P But I hope that shows I'm improving, since I want to make my LP's interesting so that people will continue to watch them.

But thank you both for the comments!

Okay so the last couple of days I've been kinda distracted from playing. ~__~ I explain everything in the first video.

As for the second one... I'm not too proud of it. It would have been okay, but I kept quick saving/loading a lot and I think it affected the sync of my video, so my apologies and you're free to skip it if you like! If not you can just listen to my talking. XD; Also sorry for the chipmunk as well~! I was running short of time, hence all the quickload and saves so I didn't die and restart the whole process again. But that kinda screwed it up.. I also had to get rid of the cutscene at the end because of the audio out of sync. :x Sorry again. XD;; This won't ever happen again. EVER. Maly has learnt her lesson. D: Oh and the Chipmunk scene ends at 3:30 if you wanna just skip all that.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 3, Part 1

Pocky & Rocky Stage 3, Part 2

Last edited:

Yuoaman

Years
No game with a top-down view should have enemies that rise change elevation, damned flapjack wearing skulls.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Haha yeah, I had a few troubles with the Genie, since I kept missing him because he was floating in mid air, ahh well.

Now this, this stage was seriously testing my patient and my anger managment. I apologise for sounding so depressed at the end, but man. I was really frustrated at the end of it. XD; I think my warning at the beginning was right. IT'S OKAY I'M NOT A QUITTER.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 4

Last edited:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I don't really know why, but I love it when girls commentary, it's so much better in a weird way. :D I just watched all your LPs and I can say your doing really good. You shouldn't have any problems doing your next LPs. :)

Fun to listen too, and as Yuoaman said, australian accents is hot. :P
Your LPs is epic, keep it up! I'll be waiting for more. :)

And on your first video "Don't jump on me, I'm not a Goomba!" That comment was plain epic. xD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Haha, thanks for the comments.

Anywhooo, yeah I've realised I haven't posted anything for a while. I tend to get sick a lot lately, so I haven't been up to talking and playing any games. Today I did feel better and did try to do the next stage, but I realised.. I've kinda lost motivation to play this game now. The whole recording was seriously a trainwreck. XD;; The difficulty has ridiculously risen and even though I did make it to the end of the stage, the boss killed me and I was like argggh, I seriously don't want to play this game anymore. It's not as fun as it use to be. :(

But yeah, before I actually do drop the whole project, I just wanted to see if anyone disagrees with me, and thinks I should stop whining and complaining and finish the game, haha.

Or move onto bigger and brighter things, since I did have a few other games I would rather LP and would probably enjoy more.

Yuoaman

Years
I agree, it isn't enjoyable watching someone LP a game that they themselves aren't enjoying. Move onto a game that you know you'll enjoy and the LP will be much better than if you continued playing a game that wasn't fun for you anymore.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Awesome, I was hoping others would agree with me, haha. Although I didn't want to feel like a quitter, but oh well!

Anywho, thanks for that. :P I guess I'll be starting my new project soon.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
I think if you don't enjoy the game, you shold move to another LP, since the quality of the commentary goes down if yuo are not having fun, like Yuoaman in quartz -wait, is he having fun?-.

A note for the next LP: I'm not english and I had a bit of difficulty to understand all, it was not for the australian accent, that's quite gorgeuse, but because the volume of the music was too high respect to your voice, so low it a bit. Good luck for the next LP!

Yuoaman

Years
I think if you don't enjoy the game, you shold move to another LP, since the quality of the commentary goes down if yuo are not having fun, like Yuoaman in quartz -wait, is he having fun?-.

A note for the next LP: I'm not english and I had a bit of difficulty to understand all, it was not for the australian accent, that's quite gorgeuse, but because the volume of the music was too high respect to your voice, so low it a bit. Good luck for the next LP!

Well as much fun as one can expect to have being forced to play a game at gun-

Nothing.

And I can't wait to see what you decide to LP next.

Back