• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Changing Display of Map?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
Couldnt come up with a better title sorry.

So I added 2 white bars to be displayed when the game starts (like in blue chrome)
and now want to change how the map is displayed. Ah... I dont think
anybody will understand this. Uhm.

Here are the white bars that appear:
https://i.imgur.com/0FZ38fy.png

And normally the map would be displayed from the top. But I want it to be between
the bars.

So I now used the ResizeOffsetY to show the hud I created.
Works fine so far but how can I now display stuff on it like party members, money etc.
Because whenever I try the hud graphic overlaps everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
So I now used the ResizeOffsetY to show the hud I created.
Works fine so far but how can I now display stuff on it like party members, money etc.
Because whenever I try the hud graphic overlaps everything.

What is your question and what do you want to do? We're not psychic.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
He wants to do this

blue_chrome___interface_by_luka_sj-d5gnut1.png

To which I'll tell you, you'll have to do a lot of coding. It's not a simple yes or no question; or "do X then Y". You're basically asking us how to change the entire UI design language of your game. This will also extend into all of your other interfaces. Scripting, dude. Lots and lots of it. Want to know how to do it? That's how. You have to learn Ruby and learn the scripts of Essentials well. No one here can give you a nice short and simple answer, because for what you're asking, there isn't one.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2020
If you're willing to learn, go for it, but don't expect to be able to do that in a week. Changing the map position is probably a play with Viewports (on top of actually coding the above UI)

Back