• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
No prob, and that's worth it.

wait but in that box on eBay thing contains the cartridge... but Zel didn't even give out the ROM only the IPS patch... so how the hell are you supposed to play the game without the original ROM? Anyone who buys it is in for a surprise even if it does work (I know this has been posted a million times but...) since the buyer can't finish the game!:laugh:

they bought a flash cartridge and stored shiny gold into it

man zel, this sucks man

it wouldve sucked even more if the pirate used one of mine or that one guys box art

luckily they didnt, did someone report it to ebay?

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
No. Do not ever report it to the ebay admins. They will then get involved and then who knows what will happen. Most of all, never mention Zel's name if you are going to be a little faggot and report it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
True, true. Let the miserable :pirate:s live their miserable lives...
Now I'm a bit more relaxed... So, I'll keep on working on SG, which by the way I'm close to the half of the event of TR in Goldenrod (right now I'm in that area with the switches and the doors in the Underground) Hey! I've been doing some tile changing in the radio... That's... weird in me...
There are gonna be two new rivals surging in the Rockets events, which I'll use to make them follow the player through Kanto (the humoristic kind of rivals :D) I'd like to reveal a bit more, but I'll hold them till you actually play the B3.

That's all. Gonna get some sleep...

Wow! So much stuff happened in this thread, right? It's almost as if the thread were alive, with its own history! :laugh:

Dragon_Rider_Rukario82394

Inheritance Fan
Years
If it works, I'd probably buy it... *Kidding*

Anyways, I hate it when people do that. People'll do anything for money these days...

*Camera zooms over to New York*

Man 1: Hey, I'll give ya $10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 if ya jump off of the top of the Statue of Liberty and into the pavement.

Man 2: Sure! *Jumps off* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *KASPLAT*

Man 1: Hehe, suckah...

*Camera zooms back to me*

See what I mean?

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
Oh, and Zel, I noticed something:

2trainer1.gif

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Just noticed that glitch? There are way more. It took me 30 minutes to do the Cut HM thing. Were your in Ilex forest and you have to get the bird to the kid. The bird kept going into an unreachable area. As well the trainer thing happens alot of the time. It usualy happenes with regular trainers

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
AAAARRRRRGGHHH!!! I Think I'm gonna destroy E-BAY!!!

I just got a PM asking me if I could sell a copy of my game, because they found my precious hack being sold there. So it seems it's true: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-SHINY-GOLD-VERSION-Awesome-new-game_W0QQitemZ170064639172QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Launches curses-like-missiles in both languages!

Grrr.... The least positive comment I can make about it is that at least, the guy who's fool enough to buy it will lose a few bucks when he finds himself/herself trying to advance to the Routes or the Lighthouse... HAHAHAHA!!! Now makes a sinister smile... :badsmile:

Seriously... Do not buy it! And, if you know someone who wants to buy it, tell him/her not to do it... (Everyone can play the game on a PC!)

Sigh... those freaking :pirate:s. Well, I suppose we can't do anything about them. I'll try to keep on working. I don't think it's necessary to put your opinions here, else this thread will get too dirty. Let's try to do as if this never happened (which, will be hard, but I'll try it...) Launches his last curse...
That eBay page doesn't say anything about what the game is about. It just has fake boxart, so maybe it's not actually your game.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Shurikenway said:
Martijn i want to point out that you forget to put song track 343 of the xml song list as "Deoxys Theme" and 346 as "Teachy TV"
Thanks for that, will update it soon.

@zel: Don't worry about it, I did a little Google search, and the name "ShinyGold" is often mentioned not in relation to your SG.
Don't make a too big deal about it, after all...
shinygoldun5.png

Good work with the TR event btw! You're certainly one of the elite hackers here :)

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Oh well. Even if it is SG, its hard to stop some one doing that. All I could suggest is a load of "Say no to pirates" and other Disclaimers snuck into the intro.

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
You should report it to Ebay. The people at ebay got people cutting down on selling those bootleg games.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
My attempt at a box art :)
Front:

Back:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
AAAARRRRRGGHHH!!! I Think I'm gonna destroy E-BAY!!!

I just got a PM asking me if I could sell a copy of my game, because they found my precious hack being sold there.

Launches curses-like-missiles in both languages!

Grrr.... The least positive comment I can make about it is that at least, the guy who's fool enough to buy it will lose a few bucks when he finds himself/herself trying to advance to the Routes or the Lighthouse... HAHAHAHA!!! Now makes a sinister smile... :badsmile:

Seriously... Do not buy it! And, if you know someone who wants to buy it, tell him/her not to do it... (Everyone can play the game on a PC!)

Sigh... those freaking :pirate:s. Well, I suppose we can't do anything about them. I'll try to keep on working. I don't think it's necessary to put your opinions here, else this thread will get too dirty. Let's try to do as if this never happened (which, will be hard, but I'll try it...) Launches his last curse...

Lol, that guy with the highest bid is gonna waste $41.00 on a hack thats only part done and completely free :P

Seriously though, that sucks how someone else is selling something that you've worked really hard on. I asked him a bunch of questions like "why would nintendo have been wasting their time remaking G/S/C when they've spent a year and more making pokemon D/P" and "When did you say this game was released?" :P. I also told him that if he ignored those questions i wouldnt bid £100 for the game (of course that doesn't mean i will if he does respond)., so maybe he will reply if he's tempted, unless he calls my bluff.

Also martijn i like the box art a lot, although i think that you should replace the picture on the back of the box (the one where the character is in the miltank farm). Perhaps a picture of the bug catching contest would be cool.

Last edited:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@cgnius: Well, there aren't any screens in the first post that give a good impression on the Bug Catching Contest, so I've started the game again to reach that point.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
It's kinda funny that someone made a fake article about SG in Wikipedia
here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pokrmon_Shinygold&oldid=96711857

however a page is enough to talk about this so let's just get to the game.

OMG HAHAHAHA~

That's seriously funny how fake it sounds. If you're too lazy to read it, I'll post it here:

WIKIPEDIA said:
Pokemon Shiny Gold version was released in Japan as a sequel to the widely popular remakes of Pokemon Red (Pokemon FireRed) & Pokemon Green (Pokemon LeafGreen). Pokemon Shiny Gold is the remake of Pokemon Gold allows players to choose from 3 character templates two different male templates and one female template. Following the old adventures of Gold, and Silver you strive to collect all 8 Johto and Kanto badges while attempting to become Pokemon League champion. This game was announced in late 2003 at the Tokyo Satoma Arena. It official hit stores in july 14, 2004 across Japan. Since then it has been exculsive to Jspan only until recently in 2005 when Japan handed over the rights to release 2,000 copies across parts of New York and parts of Florida. The game was translated and released in late 2005 and as one would guess all of the copies were sold out. Despite repeated and requested, Japan has refused to allow the release of anymore Shiny Gold copies in America, though some can be obtained from those who purchased them in New York or Florida.

It sucks, that this game is being pirated. All games that are good seem to be nowadays, eh?

martjin, your boxart is good, but someone can steal that and make a box out of that XD

Hahaha, I can't stop laughing at the wikipedia post now...

EDIT: From Mr.Snrub, his Wikipedia edit is this:

WIKIPEDIA said:
Pokemon ShinyGold is a ROMHack made by Argentinian ROMHacker, Zel.

ShinyGold has been known for it's excellent scripting and is in a "beta" stage.

Recently, Asian pirates (who have stolen and sold other Pokecommunity hacks) have targeted ShinyGold and have sold it on EBAY.

If you are reading this, please DO NOT buy it. The game is available free for download (in IPS form - not a ROM) from PKMNCOMMUNITY.COM

The most recent Beta release was Version 2, which allows the player to progress to Olivine City.

-edited by Mr Snrub-

Funny, I never knew zel was Argentinian...

Good hack still! Now I just have to play that hack again...

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'd delete the page, Wikipedia isn't a place for romhacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back