• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So... The Username Letter Challenge as been locked. Can I remake the thread with the same CSS as the previous owner or he gotta do it?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
You gotta remake the thread completely, you can't just steal other people's work. Rewrite it in your own words and such. I don't know if this applies to css as well, but I'm assuming it does.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, you can remake it, just don't copy the original thread word for word. And don't steal the CSS either. There are ways to make a challenge pretty and eye appealing without CSS. ;)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Okay then :)

Reviving the Username Letter Challenge it is^^

Edit: Is it okay if I change the rules a bit, also?

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Depends on how changy you make them. Don't make it so that people that are already doing/have completed the challenge can't get credit when they finish/now that they're finished. If its a small rule like "you have to have at least 4 pokemon on your team" then that's perfectly fine though. What change you got in mind?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.
Maybe make it optional? That way users with really short username that have numbers can still participate.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

What if say you had a 1 in your username, you could always make it so you just use a Pokémon that starts with O, or 2 with a T, etc.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I can now play Pokemon Red and Crystal on my phone, so I'll be able to do more monotypes on those games now! Only 2 more on Crystal to finish gen 2!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.

Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)

Oh sweet, I was going to write up a message about that in a moment.
(Was making a team rocket themed pokemon team all day. It's... hard.)

^^ Everyone has different interpretations of pokemon so I don't mind. Rules are rules.
For one I don't see Clefairy ever being cute...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, I'm going to be making a new Gym Leader challenge thread soon (probably tonight, that's how soon lol) and I was just wondering if anyone is actually interested. I'm worried no one will want to participate and that I'll have made it for nothing, cause I'm making this one for all games and all gym leaders, so the other gym leader challenges that are game specific will be locked. And I know they all follow different rules pretty much, so eh. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can play any game as any gym leader. There's about 15-20 Pokemon for each leader to choose from. Must have at least a team of four. You may trade or hack in up to 3 Pokemon. Must use the signature Pokemon if at all possible, or it's pre-evolution (ex. Use Onix in Red if you're playing as Jasmine). The lists of Pokemon were taken from all that person's gym leader appearances, and some had to have some added (gen I and II probably have more than anyone since they were in Stadium games).

The rules are different than the other gym leader challenges, so idk what I'll do about people that are in the middle of one of the old ones that want to re-sign up. Probably just let them finish with their old rules. But all the gym leader challenges have different rules anyway, so eh. This one will be much better organized and more official, and less restrictive since you can go as Clay in Blue if you wanted to lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back