• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Intro:

Hey it's me Goodies; I am back with my newest hack Pokémon Shian. It has been in the offing for a while. A lot of you have heard and discussed Pokémon Shian with me on MSN and through VM's. Well, I started this hack as something to do in my spare time, and now it has turned into something I'm rather proud of. So, without further ado I present to you:

Pokemon Shian

Storyline:

The journey starts off in the faraway region of Taboon. This region is a nice, little, quiet region. It is located east of the Sinnoh region. It seems to have ties with the Sinnoh region; the two regions have many similarities. Similarities, such as the regions are around the same climate, a lot of the same Pokémon and around the same size.

Team Galactic, once tried to take over the world. They were based in the Sinnoh region; they chose the Sinnoh region because of the climate, position and the strength of the Pokémon there. But, they were unsuccessful in their bid for domination. Because of this their leader Cyrus went into hiding. Team Galactic then moved under temporary care of new leader Qatar. Qatar soon secretly started to rebuild Team Galactic. He decided that Sinnoh was now too well protected to launch an attack on. So, they needed a new region to target. Qatar studied the similarities between Taboon and Sinnoh and then decided that Taboon was perfect to attack.

Now, you are a twelve year old child, and you have been deemed old enough to start your journey as a Pokémon trainer. After you walk downstairs your father supplies you with a Pokémon to begin your journey, this Pokémon is a Swablu! After this you decide to leave home and begin your journey. On the first route you meet a delightful little Cyndaquil and the Cyndaquil challenges you to a battle. After you defeat the Cyndaquil she leaves but something is left behind. You pick up the red device and after a flick through you find out it's a Pokédex. After you have read this, you decide you are off to collect some badges and compete in the Pokémon league!

But as your journey progresses you soon find out, things aren't as easy as first thought. There are a lot of difficulties in this world, and the one that makes you struggle the most is the comeuppance of Team Galactic. Galactic are known to now want the commander of the seas; this Pokémon has been rumoured to make forays to the Taboon region every now and then. This means you have a choice to save the region and the world, or to let it pass….

FAQ

Q: When is the beta coming out?
A: All I can say is stfu. And *Reports*

Q: Can you script/map/whatever for me?
A: No, I only offer my services, unless of course you are a good hacker xD

Q: Who did such and such for you?
A: Credits or Team section.

Q: How far does beta 1/2/3/whatever go up to?
A: I will reveal that information per release.

Q: Where did you find such and such?
A: I dunno, Google it.

Q: Where can I get a FireRed rom?
A: Google it.

Q: Can you upload this as a .GBA file?
A: No.

Q: How do I use an .IPS file?
A: Here

Awards

Hack Of The Week #65 - PokéCommunity

shianaward.png

Hack Of The Week #1 - TPB

shian.png

Features:

New Scripts
New Maps
New Region of Taboon
New Storyline
New OW's
4th Gen Pokémon
Some fakémon
New tiles
New Title screen
New Boot screen
New region map
New battle backgrounds
Some other stuffs too….

Taboon Pokédex:

Spoiler:

Team:

Myself – Scripting, Mapping, Sprite Insertion, Tile Inserting, Plot thinking and other cool stuffs.
Metagross/mindfreak - Graphics guy and scripting.
Banjora Marxvile – Tile Insertion and Beta Testing
Muncho – Mapping
Colorful Summer – Mapping
Sasquatchd00d – Mapping
MASTEROFPUPPETS93 - Mapping
Atlus - Mapping
Frolass_Maniac - Spriting
Chibi Robo - Spriting
☆Patched☆ - Spriting
HACKER OF ROM - Beta Testing
Flandre Scarlet - Title Screen and stuffs like that :P

Credits:

TB Pro – Rombase
Surf - Indexed Sprites
Kyledove – Tiles
Saurav – Tiles
Alistair – Tiles
WesleyFG - Tiles
Vannah☆ - Tiles and some sprites
Chesu - Sprites
Colorful Summer – Indexed Sprites
~Teh Panda~ - Tiles
Mitchel1 – Pals
Samson – Fakémon
~Arcade Star~ - Tiles
Hackmew - FSF, A-Trainer, XSE, Overworld RE and Trader Advanced
Lu-Ho - A-Map
Atlus - For just being awesome and his awesome userbar
Cierra - For being an awesome fairy master person who is really cool xD

Screenies:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Videos:

Spoiler:

One Off Pokémon:

Swablu
333.png

Level: 5
Where: Given to by Professor Rowan.

Lugia
249.png

Level: 55
Where: Deep inside.

Banners:

Made by Froslass_Maniac
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179140][img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/872/bannero.png[/img][/url]

Made by Atlus
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179140][img]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179140[/img][/url]

Releases:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
This looks great Goodies. The story isn't all that original but it seems well thought out which makes up for that. If you need help with spriting or mapping I'll gladly help.

Logan

Years
This looks great Goodies. The story isn't all that original but it seems well thought out which makes up for that. If you need help with spriting or mapping I'll gladly help.

Thanks. No I have three amazing mappers. And I have my poor mapping for backup xD. Well Spriters are always nice. Proof of work?

latestpsupdate1.png
PSScreenie5.png
PSScreenie4.png
PSScreenie3.png

xD I've had these for a while so thought why not xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ahh Excellent screenies Goodies, love both the inside and out :) Keep up the good work.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Well you finaly decided to make a thread goodies (about time)
You probaly shouldn't use samson faKemon sprites they're becoming overused just like kyledove's tiles instead find a fakemon spriter like me (I wish I can sprite but I have a lot on my plate)
Anyways looks good

P.S. Love the rombase my thanks too surf!

Logan

Years
I have a partial scratch in my hack thread. I can do reposes too. I'll try to track these down when I get some free time.

OKay.

Well you finaly decided to make a thread goodies (about time)
You probaly shouldn't use samson faKemon sprites they're becoming overused just like kyledove's tiles instead find a fakemon spriter like me (I wish I can sprite but I have a lot on my plate)
Anyways looks good

P.S. Love the rombase my thanks too surf!

Thanks.
Yeah I decided not to put it in Progressing for a while xD.
Yup James makes brilliant rombases.

Ahh Excellent screenies Goodies, love both the inside and out :) Keep up the good work.

Thanks.
I have better interiors coming soon so watch out xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
It seems that i motivated you -
but it has no meaning of saying it,knowing you're going to deny it.

The story didn't amaze me,and i don't understand something.
Why Team Galactic wants Lugia?And why are you using team galactic?

Isn't the event with the cyndaquil random?And the maps aren't showing something great.

To point out something: Team galactic don't want to hurt people by attacking them,they just want to clean the world from all useless things/make their own world.
However,its your hack,and you an do whatever you want.

You could thank me for this feedback instead of saying its no use.

Logan

Years
It seems that i motivated you -
but it has no meaning of saying it,knowing you're going to deny it.

Huh?

The story didn't amaze me,and i don't understand something.
Why Team Galactic wants Lugia?And why are you using team galactic?

Because they are trying to mould the earth, and Lugia is the guardian of the sea. So therefore guards the sea and then can mould everything in the sea. Meaning it is a perfect choice for Team Galactic. Because you can make a good game out of them.

Isn't the event with the cyndaquil random?And the maps aren't showing something great.

No, the Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typholosion is a recurring character and has a major part in game. The mapping is being redone by sasquatchd00d. I'm not a mapper. I'm a scripter xD

To point out something: Team galactic don't want to hurt people by attacking them,they just want to clean the world from all useless things/make their own world.
However,its your hack,and you an do whatever you want.

I didn't say they want to hurt people, I said they want to mould the world, and they are attacking the Taboon region. So, not harming people on purpose.

You could thank me for this feedback instead of saying its no use.

I thank you, I never at any point said it was useless. Maybe you should take this point of view when people say things about your hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
So,There are events you didn't mention in the storyline.The reader could have the same questions as mine,if you don't add these events in the main storyline.
Did i motivated you make the thread,did i reminded you your hack Shian?

Hmm.....i recall you saying you're great mapper and improved by respected members. *cough*

I don't think the feedback is useless,i think the feedback is useless if its only for revenge.

Logan

Years
So,There are events you didn't mention in the storyline.The reader could have the same questions as mine,if you don't add these events in the main storyline.
Did i motivated you make the thread,did i reminded you your hack Shian?

So, I prefer to keep a lot of the storyline behind closed doors. Only most of my friends will find the whole thing out xD. No, I was going to make the thread, no I never forgot it. I have been working on it for a few weeks.

Hmm.....i recall you saying you're great mapper and improved by respected members. *cough*

Great, I mean better than you xD. I am well respected. *Cough back at ya*

I don't think the feedback is useless,i think the feedback is useless if its only for revenge.

Wha...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Yeah....i said you were going to deny it.You've left the hack waiting as long as i can remember,you make thread after a day mentioning the hack to you,and you're saying you were planning to make the thread? :\

Hmm...so you're saying you're better than me?Can't accept that.I'm not going to say anything more to it.

Logan

Years
What are you on about? I was going to wait till I had an Alpha before I made the thread. But after talking to someone on MSN I decided to post the thread actually. Please stay away from my thread now. You can come back when you have good grammar. But for now, you just make me laugh xD

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
The screen shots look good I also like the starter cant wait to see more updates good luck

Years
Well, REALLy well thought of. The Swablu is redrawn? Anyway, so a Team Galactiv thing *Mutters something to himself* Nevermind! Good luck!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
jhfjhf-4.gif

It's not complete but it's almost done. The shading is the only problem. I can't get the trace over right now but when I get a chance I'll put it up.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2009
Hey the game looks cool
but i was wondering if you used elite map and got an error message saying
"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered: a file missing or invalid" and if so how to fix it?

Logan

Years
The screen shots look good I also like the starter cant wait to see more updates good luck

Thanks, I thought Swablu would be a nice change to Pikachu's and stuff like that xD

Well, REALLy well thought of. The Swablu is redrawn? Anyway, so a Team Galactiv thing *Mutters something to himself* Nevermind! Good luck!

Thanks, no not readrawn. Just Platinum sprite xD

jhfjhf-4.gif

It's not complete but it's almost done. The shading is the only problem. I can't get the trace over right now but when I get a chance I'll put it up.

Not too good, maybe a bit more work and we shall see xD

Critique! Obviously you know there is too much black but the green outline is a bit too light.

Yup.

Hey the game looks cool
but i was wondering if you used elite map and got an error message saying
"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered: a file missing or invalid" and if so how to fix it?

No, I use A-Map.

First pose of the team galatic ow is finished ;)
galaticow.png

EDIT: All finished
galaticowv.png

Awesome! Maybe just a little G more visible on the chest? Then make a start on the female ones xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back