• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Hey guys, nice hack you've made. Just a question though. How do the Pokemon that usually evolve by trading evolve in this hack? Sorry if it's been answered before but 104 pages are a little scary to read through ^_^;

They evolve through levelling up ;)

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
Years
They evolve through levelling up ;)
All of them? I have a lv60 Seadra now, I'm not really expecting it to evolve any more by level up and none of the stones are working. Lv. up with Dragon Scale nothing as well.

Anyone have an idea (in spoiler tags)? :P

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Well, even though I have yet to finish beta 2.1, I have found a few glitches all centered around two Pokemon:

The Hitmonlee owned by one of the Blackbelts in Cianwood's gym.

Sparkles the Ditto.

The Hitmonlee knew Encore, Role Play, and Doubleslap.

Sparkles can learn any TM move(Which is kind of awesome).

Other than those glitches, I love the hack.

AfroConnor

Advanced Trainer
Years
Those MR.G AND MR.H AND MR.R are weird, there so cool!

I hope that you get to like battle them and they are really strong with like Milotic, Salamence, Gyarados etc.

Last edited:

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
To Edit1 : Ya should patch rom again. I didn't have that bug.
By the way is it glitch that I'm in Tin Tower and going to catch Ho-oh? :D

Whaaaaaat???????? do you mean that YOU ARE GOING TO BATTLE HO-OH?!
sorry but I heard that there is no ho-oh yet. Oh well... I can´t even find those dogs so I don´t know if there is ho-oh >_<

ps: where did you find them pls tell me! it may lead me to a clue of where to look for them

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I guess Ho-Oh isn't really there 'cause on third floor is way blocked by something. When I wanted to check it with A-Map I didn't find the map :D :D I'll try use WTW cheat if Ho-Oh's workin'
And 'bout dogs... I wasn't really searchin' for 'em :D :D I happened to find them by pure luck xD xD I found Entei on the grassy patch next to Pokemon Center in Mt. Silver and Raikou... well I don't remember correctly but maybe somewhere close to Cherrygrove

Mikaru

Keyblade master xD
Years
great game luved playing it
i got to the end but i didnt go to orange islands gonna wait till u finish it 1st =P
anyways good luck hacking =]

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
Years
I guess Ho-Oh isn't really there 'cause on third floor is way blocked by something. When I wanted to check it with A-Map I didn't find the map :D :D I'll try use WTW cheat if Ho-Oh's workin'
And 'bout dogs... I wasn't really searchin' for 'em :D :D I happened to find them by pure luck xD xD I found Entei on the grassy patch next to Pokemon Center in Mt. Silver and Raikou... well I don't remember correctly but maybe somewhere close to Cherrygrove
Yeah, I had exactly the same thing. For those who can't really remember how to get Ho-Oh in Crystal:
Spoiler:

But yeah, it's all for nothing, since 3F is blocked by something invisible. End of the beta! :P

My Seadra is still a Seadra btw, I want a Kingdra lol! In SG, it was at lvl50 I believe, in LC he's already at lvl 65.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hello people again. sorry for not posting for a long time. been busy and stuff. well im working on LC too. just to claer a few things up.

the reason the promotional starters dont evolve is becuase they dont have a pokedex entry and i didnt set them to evolve... not just becuase they dont register in the dex. they now evolve fine but still wont have a pokedex entry as of now.

thanks you people for the bugs and stuff. i'm adding a list to the first post of the bugs. please look there before posting a new bug report please from now on.

dirk123's walkthrough will also be placed in the first post so people can check through that if they have any issues.

there is a bug with most of the item giving scripts that dosnt check if the bag is full. thats why dirk123 didnt recive the blackglasses and others did. just to clear that up too.

ho-oh is available but the maps vanished from A-Map so i cant fix the 3F error without remapping the whole area...

sparkles isnt the only ditto who can learn every tm/hm. all dittos can do that. im thinking about making only sparkles ble to do that so it makes him more exclusive.

for people worrying about the bug contest and the safari zone they will be in the next beta. the bug catching contest event in 2.1 is a placeholder instead of making them never run a contest. ;etspeople know that there inst a contest in the beta :P. the safari zone will NOT be in fuschia city as it wasnt in the orgianl but it will be a new safari zone but in the orange islands somewhere.

im planning for the weather system to be removed from the next beta completly meaning absolutly NO weatehr changes at all.

im planning for a working day/night to be in the next release and possibly a working radio and phone too. dont get your helps up though as this is just the PLAN!!!

ive almost finished the events on the first island and will be moving on to the rest.

i think thats it for now. i'll try to reply to most of the posts from now on.

link

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2009
I was just playing LC, and im at the lake of rage, and went to battle Red Gyrados. I accidentaly killed him, so i turned off the Emulator and turned it back on (i saved right in front of him). Now, whenever i go to batte him, the screen goes black but the music keeps playing.

Will it keep doing this?

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
fly somewhere, and then return to the red guarados. You will be able to challenge him again, once you do this.
But, each time you fail to capture him, you have to follow this process.
It's a bug, and I don't know what causes it.
I hope Link can solve it in the future.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
It seems Project Platinum is going open source with their sprites/maps/title screens etc

IMO I think it would be a good idea to at least use some of their maps/images/sprites as they are stunning, maybe something to consider, though some images don't work, I have most of if not all of their stuff saved on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back