• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: RandomMudkip
Partner Pokèmon: Scyther
Current Topic: Scizor. It's strong, reliable and doesn't have more than 1 weakness. Move set: Bullet Punch, U-Turn, Superpower, Swords Dance with Technician Life orb.

Favorite Move: U-Turn.

Why I like Bug types:

When I was a child I used to catch grasshoppers, and Fireflies in jars and watch them jump and fly around. Then I'd let them go and play with ants for a bit. Yeah I was bored but I entertained my self that way, and that's why I like bug types! :3

Welcome to the club. Great choice in Scyther, quick and lethal. That's a powerful Scizor you have there. I used to play with ants and fireflies too. I also recall not liking wasps so much though. :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I also recall not liking wasps so much though. :/
Don't worry, this just makes you sane - wasps are the spawn of Satan himself.

If I were to have a Bug Pokémon in real life I think it'd have to be either a Sewaddle or a Dwebble. Dwebble is adorable and would make a wonderful 'pet', but the evolution would be a little scary/hard to manage... I think Sewaddle would be the better choice here. It's equally adorable, if not a little more so, and it provides a lot of use with his 'sewing' abilities. I'm not a fan of Swadloon or Leavanny so it'd be a shame for him to evolve, but I think I'd get over it and learn to love them pretty quickly haha. How could you say no to its cute little face?

sewaddle.png

I'd also love a Beautifly because it's a stunningly attractive Pokémon, but I don't think it'd make for a great pet haha. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh god Beedrill they're scary help. Does anyone actually like that thing? It's death put into Pokémon form; a deadly wasp that's ready to sting you and kill you at the blink of an eye! Is there anything likeable about this Pokémon? What do you guys think? I can see a potential 'cool' factor surrounding it, but it's not something I'd ever want to go near haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I do! He's cool and fierce and scares away twerps. :)

I run away from wasps/bees in reality, though.

did i call myself a twerp now

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I dislike bees, wasps, hornets...anything of that nature. I do like Beedrill though because he's everything you'd want out of a deadly Bug-type...the scare factor, the poisonous moves, the swarm legions and the horrendous appearance.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I do like Beedrill though because he's everything you'd want out of a deadly Bug-type...
Everything other than the ability to actually be deadly? ;) Let's face it - Beedrill has abysmal stats and an even worse move pool to boot; I'm not sure there's a single circumstance in which Beedrill is able to shine and show off any real form of power. It's the kind of Pokémon you start training at the beginning of the game and have to abandon halfway through due to it not being able to kill anything. Has anyone actually had any success with using Beedrill?

TwilightBlade

Years
637.png
545.png
542.png
212.png
015.png
348.png

AW YEAH this is almost my team. Not too many Bug-type Pokemon with Conquest sprites; I don't really like using Forretress and Armaldo is alright, but I'd love to use Heracross or Yanmega too. I'm also a lazy trainer, so they're have standard moves/items or just cuddle with me and screw battling yeahhh

What is your favorite out of these: Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Burmy, or Sewaddle?
Ahhh tough one! I think Sewaddle has the best design out of all the starting worms, but Weedle captured my heart years ago when I found a shiny one. I also have a Caterpie sticker on the binder with my Pokemon cards, that's just too amazing to not consider! Caterpie for cuteness and Weedle for epicness. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
637.png
545.png
542.png
212.png
015.png
348.png

AW YEAH this is almost my team. Not too many Bug-type Pokemon with Conquest sprites; I don't really like using Forretress and Armaldo is alright, but I'd love to use Heracross or Yanmega too. I'm also a lazy trainer, so they're have standard moves/items or just cuddle with me and screw battling yeahhh

What is your favorite out of these: Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Burmy, or Sewaddle?
Ahhh tough one! I think Sewaddle has the best design out of all the starting worms, but Weedle captured my heart years ago when I found a shiny one. I also have a Caterpie sticker on the binder with my Pokemon cards, that's just too amazing to not consider! Caterpie for cuteness and Weedle for epicness. :)

Frightful-looking team but very awesome at the same time. That gray one is Burmy? I almost thought it was the new Bug-type, Scatterbug. I love Caterpie out of all the worm-looking Bug-types, he's so cute and innocent.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Preferred username: Wicked3DS/Alex

Partner Pokémon: Beedrill

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team:

Beedrill
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

Venomoth
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder

Scizor
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

Yanmega
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Heracross
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Galvantula
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Thunder Wave

I don't use held items in game and I don't play competitively, so I omitted them.

Topic: Why do you like/love Bug-type Pokémon?

I always find myself drawn to Bug-types, probably because every generation has had at least one good one and because they have a lot of diversity.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
CloysterOyster: Mm yeah it's definitely Burmy. The details are different. I totally forgot about Scatterbug and its evolutions. The final stage is so pretty, but it doesn't feel like a true bug type. Is that weird?

Wicked3DS: Welcome to the bug club! -flutters-

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Wicked3DS/Alex

Partner Pokémon: Beedrill

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team:

Beedrill
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab

Venomoth
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder

Scizor
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

Yanmega
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Heracross
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Galvantula
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Thunder Wave

I don't use held items in game and I don't play competitively, so I omitted them.

Topic: Why do you like/love Bug-type Pokémon?

I always find myself drawn to Bug-types, probably because every generation has had at least one good one and because they have a lot of diversity.

CloysterOyster: Mm yeah it's definitely Burmy. The details are different. I totally forgot about Scatterbug and its evolutions. The final stage is so pretty, but it doesn't feel like a true bug type. Is that weird?

Wicked3DS: Welcome to the bug club! -flutters-

@Wicked3DS
Welcome to the club. Quite a powerful team you have there. I'm a little shocked at Yanmega's move set, it'd take someone by surprise in a battle. It's fine if your team doesn't have held items, it's optional. Bugs are the most diverse type, next to Water. It's good to see them getting around to more Bug and Water-types like we have here on Earth.

@Volcarona
I didn't notice without its signature cloaks, but now I can tell. :) Why doesn't Vivillon feel like a Bug-type to you? (just curious)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I agree about Viviivliiivonioniion (yeah I have no idea what its name is :D) - it really feels like it should've been Fairy/Flying or even Fairy/Steel, but Bug just doesn't look like a good fit. I guess it seems so metallic and like it's either made of minerals or magic rather than being an insect, but perhaps that's just me haha. I think Bug/Fairy at least would've been a good combo though. Is anyone actually planning to use this thing?

vivillon_battle_1.jpg

It's pretty but I'm not sure it'll have a place on my team.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I agree about Viviivliiivonioniion (yeah I have no idea what its name is :D) - it really feels like it should've been Fairy/Flying or even Fairy/Steel, but Bug just doesn't look like a good fit. I guess it seems so metallic and like it's either made of minerals or magic rather than being an insect, but perhaps that's just me haha. I think Bug/Fairy at least would've been a good combo though. Is anyone actually planning to use this thing?

vivillon_battle_1.jpg

It's pretty but I'm not sure it'll have a place on my team.

maybe Bug/Fairy? It's typed as Bug/Flying but that could change. I am going to make a club event for this club like I am doing with the others, so stay tuned. :)

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Definitely looks metallic/cyberspace/artificial to me, haha. The eyes don't look bug-like. It doesn't have a wing structure like Butterfree nor Venomoth. Blahhh. Bug/Fairy would make more sense, though. It's just Bug/Flying.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Definitely looks metallic/cyberspace/artificial to me, haha. The eyes don't look bug-like. It doesn't have a wing structure like Butterfree nor Venomoth. Blahhh. Bug/Fairy would make more sense, though. It's just Bug/Flying.

I see that you have not joined yet. Would you like to join the Bug club? I see you like Volcarona so you'd fit right in.

TwilightBlade

Years
Column #1: Sewaddle. Easy pick since I like this cute family and not Wormadam.
Column #2: Spinarak. Hard decision. I have shiny forms of both, Ariados being chained and Vespiquen being RNG abused. They both have great designs, but I've liked the Spinarak family for years more, so that was how I decided.
Column #3: Crustle. I have mixed feelings about both, but Dwebble is so cute so I'll vote for its epic evolution.
Column #4: Ninjask. Ninjask has such a cool design and ability. Joltik is cute as a button, but I'd have to push forward its evolution instead so...
Column #5: Galvantula. While I try to like Genesect since it is the only bug-type legendary, one of my favorite BW Pokemon is Galvantula. I used one in Black named GoldnDream. :3

Don't worry about [supporter]Volcarona[/supporter]. I'mShe's a little weird. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back