Serious Your Thoughts

Started by Yoruhoku August 29th, 2019 7:55 AM
  • 6 replies
Male
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
25 posts
49 Days
Recently I've been thinking about starting a fundraiser to raise money and donate it to an epilepsy research center but when I spread the word about this I was laughed at which hurt me very much.

At the age of 12 I was diagnosed with epilepsy which shocked me and even now I'm having trouble accepting that fact. I already have a physical disability and most of the time using a wheelchair to get around and about which makes things more complicated.

My reason for starting a fundraiser is to help research centers find a cure for epilepsy and ways to improve someone's life. I want to help out in any way I can.

So... What are your thoughts on this? Be honest with your answer and thank you for taking the time to read this.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
Do it.
Raising money for a good cause is a good thing.

Auticorn

I put a spell on you.

Age 31
Female
in a secret land that only those worthy can see. :3
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,341 posts
15.3 Years
I think this is an amazing idea. It's better to support something that you have more experience with. Whether you have family, or you deal with it yourself as well. It makes it more meaningful to you because you can help others. :3

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,812 posts
3.2 Years
Recently I've been thinking about starting a fundraiser to raise money and donate it to an epilepsy research center but when I spread the word about this I was laughed at which hurt me very much.

At the age of 12 I was diagnosed with epilepsy which shocked me and even now I'm having trouble accepting that fact. I already have a physical disability and most of the time using a wheelchair to get around and about which makes things more complicated.

My reason for starting a fundraiser is to help research centers find a cure for epilepsy and ways to improve someone's life. I want to help out in any way I can.

So... What are your thoughts on this? Be honest with your answer and thank you for taking the time to read this.
This isn't at all what happened. You came onto the discord saying your cousin wanted to start a fundraiser, we told you how to go about this and you then started coming out with wild, unbelievable claims.

We told you to tell her (aka you, clearly, by this post) to use social media (as this is the easiest way to fund-raise online) to which you told us she didn't have social media. Then you said she had every form of social media but her adult friends all deleted her for having epilepsy.

You told us her peers at school laughed at her for having epilepsy, before claiming she was 24. When asked about these discrepancies you left the server.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an outright con.
Male
Japan
Online now
Posted 8 Hours Ago
333 posts
333 Days
It seems like your heart is in the right place for this, I do believe Facebook allows for fundraising directly to charities which would probably be best so you don’t have to go through the tax problems, good luck with what ever choice you make!

Edit: Here you go!

https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/explore/search/?query=epilipsy&source=bookmark_hub

Her

Age 25
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,209 posts
11.4 Years
probably just better to close this
Advertiser Content