Advertiser Content

Thoughts on a Concept?

Started by Venheart 4 Weeks Ago 7:39 AM
  • 5 replies
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
15 posts
40 Days
This isn't a concept for a fanfic or anything particular, but more of an idea.

Has anyone ever considered or used Pokemon moves exclusive to the Pokemon TCG in Pokemon-related storytelling?

A quick example of what I mean with Lapras... If you do a quick Bulbapedia check on all the Different Lapras cards, you'll see a variety of interesting moves not available in the actual games including:
-Wave Splash
-Giant Wave
-Sweet Song
-Ice Blade
-Water Arrow
-Tsunami
-Blizzard Burn
-Hypnoblast

Hypnoblast? Interesting. Blizzard Burn sounds like a fun time for sure.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
20,485 posts
7.6 Years
In my case, no. I have thought of borrowing and adapting a mechanic from the TCG though, so I'm sure using TCG moves has at least occurred to someone.

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
5,774 posts
13.5 Years
Actually very long ago I thought of doing a fic called The Delta House in which the plot is based off Pokemon having moves and typings based off the Delta Species set. Sadly I didn't get the fic off the ground saved for some random ideas haha. A TCG fic could be very interesting, though.

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]

Sirius Black

Marauder

Age 21
Male
Washington (but which one is it?)
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
286 posts
10.6 Years
This would be extremely interesting, however i'd imagine there'd need to be more to the plot than just specific moves.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.

Male
on the second floor's nest
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
874 posts
11.1 Years
This isn't a concept for a fanfic or anything particular, but more of an idea.

Has anyone ever considered or used Pokemon moves exclusive to the Pokemon TCG in Pokemon-related storytelling?
Yeah, I've been doing that since 2012 for a Pokémon RP I'm part of. The chosen Pokémon were Nidorans (of course), Salamence, Staraptor, Meowstic and several Eeveelutions. I eventually plan to introduce it into my fanfics as well.

In general I find it to be an interesting avenue for worldbuilding depending on how do you translate some concepts that are more profoundly used in TCG moves and stuff, such as the Lost Zone.

I could share notes if there's interest.
Venia Silente - Consulting Worldbuilder
Background... some day.
Fic stuff~

SWC Entries
: Playfield 2009 : Misaimed for Life 2014 : As They Were 2016 : Simpler than Magic 2017 : Beyond Today 2018 :

Other Releases
: Pseudo-Legendary : Silly human, romance is for Nidoran! (Valentine's : Tricks of the Love Fast (Valentine's) : Overlord (meow~) :
»»More in profile link or wiki link««

The Meta Journey!
Nidoran : Carnivine

Advertiser Content