• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] ? ART BATTLE #7 ? JOHNNY vs CIRCUIT vs ANASTASIA.R: Tags

Who should win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
♔ ART BATTLE #7 ♔ JOHNNY vs CIRCUIT vs ANASTASIA.R: Tags

✂ ART BATTLE ✂​

JOHNNY vs CIRCUIT vs ANASTASIA.R

Specifications: Tag making using this render at 400x180, musical theme
Spoiler:

Voting lasts for one week!
Use the poll, but go ahead put your thoughts about the work in the thread!

Don't forget that you too can sign up for your own art battle here!
Get in the queue today!

feel_the_beat_by_ninjaaiden-dabq4rq.png

GqsNkV2.png

tumblr_oasnxqaw501tittlho1_400.png

CSS by Achromatic.

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
#1- I appreciate the high-energy feel to it but the contrast is a bit too stark - my eyes are more drawn to the right empty side of the tag (also i thought that said feel the bert at first oops)

#2- I really like how she's looking toward some distant light & there's a very good sense of direction in this tag, but there's too much purple and not enough everything else haha
Also the text is so small I have to strain my eyes to read it - I guess tiny text is more for aesthetic appeal and not actually supposed to be read but I can't help it :p

#3 - The colors are so nice and soft with this one :) and I like how the graphic on her t-shirt was replaced with the staff. The record-mountain on the right looks a little silly haha but I like the feel of the overall piece

I voted for #3 but all of you did a great job! ^_^

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
So apparently my house decided to blackout hours after a thunderstorm went away and all my critique was lost, to my dismay. Would've done this earlier, but man do I hate redoing things. I'm really rusty with critique, so this is kind of awkward for me.

@ Choice 1:
+ Interesting depth
+ More aesthetically pleasing the more I look at it
- Depth makes the whole thing look like an awkward blur
- I'm not sure if it's because of the depth or the color pallette of the render, but the colors look rather weird, which makes the green in the middle a little glaring
- Typography could use some work, it draws a little more attention than I would've liked

@ Choice 2:
+ Colors. Frankly monochromatic color schemes have gotten boring to me over the last year, but it's made interesting through the lens flare looking things.
+ Typography. People might not agree with me on this, but honestly I see the subtext as flavor and it makes the typography more interesting, yet not distracting.
+ Flow combined with theme.
- Lighting. Strong, but strange. I assume the black gradient in the top left is supposed to draw attention to the focal, but it bothers me that it overlaps with the light source. And on that note, it's also rather strange how there's this one strong light source, but the lens flare looking thing is just as strong, and it makes the tag look kind of unpolished.

@ Choice 3:
+ Lovely execution of the theme
+ Use of complimentary colors
± Coloring, particularly on the face, looks kinda weirdish. Well, plus-minus because it looks aesthetically pleasing to people who haven't gotten tired of coloring. Make that what you will.
- Trebble sign is a bit distracting

Hmm... personally I feel this is a close tie between 2 and 3, but my vote must go to...

Number 3.

Okay to be fair, when judging this on personal preference, I would've said number 2, however I feel number 3's resource placement was done much better than number 2. Honestly I would've hated to vote for this battle based on personal preference.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
welp gg. That's that, congrats to Anastasia. It was definitely the best.

Back