• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Looks good.
However since I asked for only one NFE, which one would you recommend I use for that? (The other two will be evolved)
Ah sorry, I unchecked that box so not sure why it gave three results.

I'll reroll Cleffa.... Oranguru

Mareep and Grubbin should be Ampharos and Vikavolt

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Ah sorry, I unchecked that box so not sure why it gave three results.

I'll reroll Cleffa.... Oranguru

Mareep and Grubbin should be Ampharos and Vikavolt

But now there isn't any NFE, how are I going to have a cute mascot without one of those?
I can just use Cleffa instead of doing using the reroll if that is fine.

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
Remember up there when I asked if Phobos would be capable of conquering the second gym? He did so with flying colors! I may... have overlevelled my Pokémon when training for this gym out of sheer fear, but better overlevelled than being squashed! (still, I tried to use Phoebe against the leader and she got destroyed... poor thing)

Now, time to explore the dreaded Granite Cave. I'm using Nincada as my HM slave, because I don't want to taint my beautiful team with useless moves like FLASH.

Explored Granite Cave, delivered Steven his letter, hopped on the boat again with Mr. Briney to go to Slateport.

You know what time it is? It's time to wipe the floor with some Team Aqua goons at the museum! And deliver those Devon Goods! Which was easy because my team is awesome and Phoebe is delivering those crits left and right! CRIT QUEEN! I'm glad this isn't a nuzlocke...

So, I continue on to route 110, and enter the Trick House. Now, what does this place has in store?? =sees over 9000 trees to cut= Welp, time to use my Nincada it seems, and show these cut trainers how it's done!

However, I have a feeling my confidence will be my downfall soon enough.

Well now, it's been some time since I did an update on my journey, hm? Lo, our story continues!

I randomly beat up some trainers in my way to Mauville, and consequently on the way of the third Gym battle. Also, fought Brandon along the way. When his Grovyle showed up, I realized that I have a very apparent weakness to grass Pokémon, and that made me very weary about things to come.

But let's not think about the weaknesses of my team! Let's think about how Phoebe, the CRIT QUEEN is going to rule over the electric gym! ........ Or, Phobos can go ahead and just Mud Shot everyone to death. That works too. Phobos is becoming too powerful...

I decided, after the Gym massacre, that I was going to clean up the routes around Mauville, to get some exp and money. Can't never have enough of that! That's when I decided to look up on how to acquire a Thunderstone in this game, and lo and behold, I won't be able to do so until I get Surf, so Mimas will be remaining as an Eevee for a little longer it seems.

Now, I feel like I'm forgetting something, and all routes lead to dead ends... Oh yeah, RIGHT! You gotta fight dad! Norman, you are on my hit list, and you are going down, I don't care if you are my daaaaad!!!

=arrives at Petalburg gym, Pokéballs in hand= DAD I'M HERE T- ... Oh wait, you are not the next leader? Well, I'll be... Now what?

... Oh yeah, right, I can use Rock Smash, dumb me! Well, to Fallarbor Town!

rhyhorn.png

Phoebe, the Impish Rhyhorn // Lvl 26 // Female // Item: Quick Claw

quagsire.png

Phobos, the Quiet Quagsire // Lvl 27 // Male // Item: Oran Berry

eevee.png

Mimas, the Rash Eevee // Lvl 27 // Male // Item: Silk Scarf

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
this sounds cool!

Forum Username: malanaphii
Game Version: emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: yes
National Dex: no
Restrictions: n/a

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
I'd like to re-apply for the challenge once more because I lost my save file for my old run :)

Forum Username: Schwarz Bruder
Game Version: Crystal
Exclude NFEs: No
National Dex: No
Restrictions: just the pokemon that can be found and caught in-game please
Previous Progress: None

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'd like to re-apply for the challenge once more because I lost my save file for my old run :)

Forum Username: Schwarz Bruder
Game Version: Crystal
Exclude NFEs: No
Restrictions: just the pokemon that can be found and caught in-game please
Venomoth
Poliwrath
Houndoom
Hypno
Ariados
Skarmory

Years
I would end ant of my previous progresses and like to restart a new challenge.

Forum Username: viper8890
Game Version: Ultra moon
Exclude NFEs: Yes
Restrictions: just the pokemon that can be found and caught in-game, no legendaries and a typewise balanced team will be better i.e. no more than two pokemon with common typing.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I would end ant of my previous progresses and like to restart a new challenge.

Forum Username: viper8890
Game Version: Ultra moon
Exclude NFEs: Yes
Restrictions: just the pokemon that can be found and caught in-game, no legendaries and a typewise balanced team will be better i.e. no more than two pokemon with common typing.
Kommo-o
Wishiwashi
Lilligant
Skarmory
Marowak
Scizor

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I wouldn't be able to get scizor in game and perhaps a pokemon available earlier would also help. Not the starters, but catchable earlier. So if you would please do a reroll.
Lilligant becomes Tsareena
Scizor becomes Crabominable
Kommo-o
Wishiwashi
Skarmory
Marowak

Is that good? Crabrawler is early enough.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
update #1: (i remember posting this but it doesn't seem to have posted or anything so? here we go again i guess)

TEAM:
Spoiler:

Update Log:

Spoiler:

Sorry if this was posted before! I can't see it, and it's not in my post count, but I remember typing it out and posting it, so I'm not sure what happened lmao.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
I haven't played Pokemon in a good while, so taking on this challenge will be a new experience!

Forum Username: seamstresscrane
Game Version: X
NFES: No.
National Dex: No.
Restrictions: No legendaries, nor two or more pokemon of the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back