• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
A Spinda in Sapphire.Six years later I also found a shiny Baltoy when I was playing Bloody Platinum.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
These shinies all sound pretty awesome. I don't have a large history with Shinies ( only four, including the Gyarados ) So for, it was Vulpix, then I got a shiny starter ( Charmander & female, nicknamed her Maleficient ), Shroomish in Emerald.

Best news of all, I ran into a shiny... in the DreamWorld, on my White. I was screaming happily well internall, considering I was in class. Afterwards was lunch, so it was a different story. It was a Ponyta.

I seem to only get fire types as shinies, haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mine was a shiny Teddiursa in Silver, but I didn't realise it was shiny until it was around level 50 since I had no idea what shiny Pokémon were back then and I only caught the Teddiursa because I really wanted to use one on my team. It's just lucky that it was something I wanted to catch that came up as a shiny, otherwise I would've most likely killed it. Looking back, I'm not sure how I didn't notice it was green paha.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Mine was a shiny Teddiursa in Silver, but I didn't realise it was shiny until it was around level 50 since I had no idea what shiny Pokémon were back then and I only caught the Teddiursa because I really wanted to use one on my team. It's just lucky that it was something I wanted to catch that came up as a shiny, otherwise I would've most likely killed it. Looking back, I'm not sure how I didn't notice it was green paha.

Guess you were pretty lucky then. I didn't notice why my Vulpix was white until after I looked up why is my Vulpix white instead of brownish-red. That's when it hit me. 'THIS must be those shiny pokemon people talk about that are super rare!' then I freaked, then told them in their faces that I had a shiny Vulpix.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Mine was a shiny Meditite in diamond. I was so shocked to see a shiny, and also relieved that I caught it(seeing as I was low on pokeballs). But alas, I cant find my diamond :(. I also found a shiny Bibarel in my platinum while scouring Pastoria marsh for a scorupi.

Advice: ALWAYS have pokeballs on ya.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
My first shiny was a Goldeen in the Tohjo falls. I didn't know they existed at the time so I was like "WHAT ARE THESE SPARKLES!?!?!?!" I think I deleted that file a long time ago though. :[

Flydro

doobz
Years
not counting the default shiny Gyarados, I'm pretty sure my first shiny was a Pidgeotto I caught at Lake of Rage in my Gold version.. so glad I caught it before it could use whirlwind :]

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Hmm, besides the LOR Gyrados, it was a Shiny Tentacruel in my pokemon gold version.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
My first shiny was a Tentacool in Pearl version but it's long gone now.

I also got a Tentacool, hah. I can't remember what game it was on though, I'm edging towards Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Emerald. More Emerald. But yeah, it was a green Tentacool I think. I could probably play Pokmeon emerald to see if it was on that. But everyone else seemed to get cool shiny's ... when I got a Tentacool, great.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My first shiny was a Weedle in Crystal. I found him when I was randomly headbutting trees in Ilex Forest (post-game). Unless if my battery died, he's a beautiful Beedrill. :)

Sirfetch’d

Mine was a shiny Sunkern. Yes a Sunkern. Nevertheless it was a shiny and I am damn proud of it. No matter how useless it is.

loucas

100% hot
Years
mine was rattata in my brother's crystal version, way back 2002, haha

well, there's a first in every game so i'm gonna talk about my first shiny in different version.
a shiny kakuna in silver, *sparkles o.o
a shiny zubat in fire red, in mt. moon i think, it KOed me
a shiny mightyena in ruby, it's owned by a trainer i battled T.T
a shiny relicanth in platinum, i was fishing of a kingdra, and this blue fish showed up instead, i was inlove with blue colored shiny ever since.

that's my firsts :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My first shiny was (sadly) a Bidoof. Random encounter on Diamond version. I hadn't realized how rare they are upon finding it, though. I've been playing for almost two years and only have encountered 2 shiny Pokemon in the wild, not counting the Lake of Rage Gyarados.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
Years
A shiny Tentacool in Diamond. First time I ever bothered catching a Tentacool. My second was a shiny Riolu which I hatched. I was much happier with the latter.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Out of all the time spent playing I've had one random shiny encounter, and it was a Machop back in Emerald. I was stupid and eventually erased over that save file though. Kinda wish I hadn't done that. Just a bit. ;P

Back