• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Art Online (OOC)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Oh just to be curious can I have my pokemon use moves in ways not intended like use quick attack to dodge. just curious since I'm gonna do a trainer battle hopefully.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
^_^ I'll try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow. I did not realize my mother would drag me out of the house for that long.
I'm looking forward to it :3

Oh just to be curious can I have my pokemon use moves in ways not intended like use quick attack to dodge. just curious since I'm gonna do a trainer battle hopefully.
Let's ask the general crowd in this RP: what do you think? Normally, if it wasn't a game like MAO is, I'd definitely say yes ^^ Using moves in weird ways makes battles much more interesting. But with MAO being a system calculating moves and hits and damage... I'm not sure. Maybe we could make this a point where the imagination of players lets the game behave a bit strangely though? Or maybe we can just try not to think about it too much ;)

I vote yes.

Years
Here it is!

Real Age: 22

Real Gender: Male

Personality: What am I supposed to write here? My virtues? Well, I guess that I only have one: I'm italian. People love Italian people because of their fancy accent and quixotic attitudes (Casanovic sounds too weird, so I guess I'll stick to the classic Spanish examples…). Being a pure Italian like me is having a free-pass to do or say anything I want to, because: 1) no one will try to confront you, because they will think you have a cousin or an uncle that belongs to the mafia; 2) if you say "Ti mangerei" to a girl that passes you on the street, she won't slap you, because she's probably thinking that you just complimented her beauty, when in fact you just said that you wanted to … Well, never mind. But yes, I am a really flawed creature: I'm paranoid about everything I want and I can get really ambitious when that thing is somewhat important; pretty short-tempered when things don't go as I expected them to; I prefer to be alone than to work as part of a team, because I have my own tempo and things are only perfect when I do them by myself; I'm really curious about almost everything and that's my biggest flaw, because I often get in trouble as a consequence of my stupid and stubborn curiosity.
I started by saying that I had only one virtue, didn't I? But, now that I think about it, maybe I have one or two more virtues despite my italianism: I can be extremely loyal to those who are in need of my help, but of course, everything comes with a price, and the more you pay, the more loyal I get. In addition, I'm always honest and I say whatever I think without being biting around the bush. So, if you're seeking a loyal and honest friend, you can always count on me, unless you're penniless (euroless sounds as weird as Casanovic, so… Long live the English pennies).

History: My history, hum? Well, it's nothing interesting I warn you, but if you want me to tell it, that's okay.

I was born in Milan, my real hometown and place where I spent most years of my childhood, as he second son of a modest family of jewelers. Yes, my father and mother share the same profession as jewelers, and I must tell you that every ring, necklace or bracelet you see a count or countess wearing was made by the Castafiore jewelers. My parents' products are really famous all over Italy and everyone who wants to impress and get fancy knows that the Castafiore jewels are a "must have".
As you can imagine, these pieces aren't that cheap and because of that my family always had enough money to buy expensive things for me and my brother. Oh, I forgot to mention that bastard's name… His name is Giancarlo and he's something like five years older than me, but since I don't see him or read from him for about… hum… Five? Six? Ten years? I really don't know where he is and how old he is right now, because I can't even recall the last time I saw that stronzo for the last time. But let me get forward on "Vincenzo Castafiore's Life History of Controversies".

I wasn't born the flawed creature I told I am. No, no, no. I was born a pretty and lovely boy that did everything like his parents told him to do: not to lie, not to steal, not to disrespect older people, to do the homeworks, not to say bad words, and all those things our parents teach us to do or not to do. But one day, when I was about to turn eight, the Carabinieri found that the gold used to make the precious Castafiore jewels was being stolen by my parents, to the Count Juromeño – a Spanish count that was a big friend of ours and a pleased customer of my family's store. This put an end on the first chapter of the "Immaculate Childhood of Vincenzo Castafiore" and started turning me into the imperfect being I currently am.

My parents were judged and condemned to ten years of prison, and as you can imagine, they couldn't leave two young promising sons alone in this Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World. Since we had no relatives in Europe, my brother and I were taken to an orphanage. Yes, that was the beginning of my career as a flawed creature, but let me tell more about this orphanage: it was a part of a monastery in Turin (a city near Milan), where abandoned children, from all over the country, were deposited, just like a storage. My brother was already thirteen and didn't spend that much time at the monastery, because on the second month he decided to run away, leaving the youngest and only brother he ever had, behind.
"Un uomo deve fare quello che un uomo deve fare." He said like he was eighty years old or something.

I lived there for about eight years with the other kids, the priests, the monks and the ladies that used to visit the monks' rooms in the middle of night and to who we were not allowed to talk. They were not the best years of my life, but at least I was safe from those who wanted to get revenge on my family, I had food and water, plenty of faith everyday and was taught some sciences that really helped me out in the following years after I left the monastery, namely botanic and zoology. Oh, you thought I had no studies? Stronzo! I have more studies than the Count of Juromeña himself, by now. The monks taught me italian literature, physics, botanic, zoology, Latin and English. Everything a guy needs to know nowadays, if he wants to survive in this world of savages and Carabinieris.

I left the monastery, on the night I turned sixteen, for obvious reasons: first, no one wanted to adopt a teenager whose parents, who stole gold from the most influent count in North Italy!, were arrested and had something to do with the northern mafia families; and second, because I wanted to live outside that captivity and explore the world, just like my brother did. Un uomo deve fare quello che un uomo deve fare.

Six years have passed, since my successful escape from the Monastery of Turin, and I can ensure you that I'm living on the edge! I've been through France, Spain, United Kingdom and as you can see I'm currently here at Germany, because I heard you could provide some escape from the real world to another one, where you can do whatever you wish and accomplish great things. Don't put that look, I told it was not an interesting history. Where can I start?

Avatar Appearance: Albero is 1.75m tall and is the skinny type, not having an exaggerated constitution, in order to match Vincenzo's appearance. He has somewhat of an unkempt mane, which flows until a little above of his shoulders, gold colored like the jewelry her parents used to make. Wide and observer olive green eyes, glimpse in his face, scanning everything and everyone that passes him. He always puts up a serious look, unless there's someone that interest him in the surroundings, not to catch other's attention and keep unnoticed.

Albero's clothes consist of a grey turtleneck, hidden by a green jacket without pockets. He doesn't need pockets, because he has a belt with a big case where he can put things like stolen items and pokéballs. He also wears a pair of blue jeans, classic style, with casual black and white snickers.

"Try not to catch many attentions, Albero. You'll need to keep your low profile if you want to survive this game. These simple clothes will do it; you're just an ordinary trainer with an ordinary mission. Now put up that smile and head towards your new life!"

Pokémon:

597.gif
Schoener [Male] at Lv. 10

Ability: Iron Barbs | Nature: Quiet | Moves: Tackle, Harden, Rollout, Curse

060.gif
Poliwag [Male] at Lv. 8

Ability: Water Absorb | Nature: Brave | Moves: Water Sport, Bubble, Hypnosis

Sample: I have no roleplay sample in english, but I'll post the first post of my FF:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Here it is!

Firstly, I hope that you are Italian yourself and know what you're talking about, because I don't want any real Italians taking offense from your SU ^^;

Secondly, he grew up at a monastery and is roaming Europe now, more or less? So how come he starts playing MAO? He doesn't seem to have ever heard of pokémon before. How did he afford a NerveGear? Does he even have a home to play in, or where is he when he starts the game?

I'd like you to connect his wild history with why and how he entered MAO. Other than that, I liked the SU and your writing ^^

Years
Firstly, I hope that you are Italian yourself and know what you're talking about, because I don't want any real Italians taking offense from your SU ^^;

No, I am not Italian and I know what I'm talking about. If any real italians take offense from my SU (which I hope not to occur, because we live in a free and indulgent society) they must come and talk to me, leaving you and your RPG apart from that question.

Secondly, he grew up at a monastery and is roaming Europe now, more or less? So how come he starts playing MAO? He doesn't seem to have ever heard of pokémon before. How did he afford a NerveGear? Does he even have a home to play in, or where is he when he starts the game?

You didn't pay attention to what the character told. Let me post here the answer for your questions:

I heard you could provide some escape from the real world to another one, where you can do whatever you wish and accomplish great things.

He just wants to "escape" from the reality and enter a new whole world where he can do (almost) everything he wants to.

Where can I start?

He's asking the person what can he do in order to enter MAO, a.k.a where can he purchase the NerveGear and create his character. And does it matter where he is when he enters MAO? That's kinda irrelevant, imo.

I'd like you to connect his wild history with why and how he entered MAO. Other than that, I liked the SU and your writing ^^

I hope you now understand how the connection is established. Maybe I kept the history too subjective or maybe I didn't express myself properly. Mea culpa in both cases.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So he just heard of pokémon and thought he'd forget about the real world for a while? Fair enough.

It doesn't matter very much at the moment, where he is in the real world when he's playing MAO, no. It might in the far future though. I find it a bit difficult to read SUs written from first person perspective, but you seem like a capable enough writer so I'll accept you with this :3

I almost thought you were asking Where can I start? out of character as a question directed to us in this thread ^^ You are free to start in any of the areas presented in the second post of the IC thread, anyways, and you may move freely between areas and do what you think your character would do.

Years
So he just heard of pokémon and thought he'd forget about the real world for a while? Fair enough.

It doesn't matter very much at the moment, where he is in the real world when he's playing MAO, no. It might in the far future though. I find it a bit difficult to read SUs written from first person perspective, but you seem like a capable enough writer so I'll accept you with this :3

I almost thought you were asking Where can I start? out of character as a question directed to us in this thread ^^ You are free to start in any of the areas presented in the second post of the IC thread, anyways, and you may move freely between areas and do what you think your character would do.

The beauty of writing in the first-person perspective is that you have always to re-read the text in order to understand the real meaning of it. That's why I always write that way. And because is a lot more easy to me hahaha.

I would never ask "Where can I start?" in the middle of a SU xD! Thank you for accepting me. We'll see each other around!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here's my SU. It's almost done. Sorry about the time it's taking.

Real Age: 19
Real Gender: Male

Personality: Shane is a bit...hot-headed. Whenever things start to go south, he starts to go mad. He isn't one to forgive easily, so if you anger him once, he won't forgive you unless you do something like save his life. Whene he's nervous, he'll burst out with random comments. He's very smart and he prides himself as a Grade-A gamer. He's a proud owner of every MMO released for the Nervegear, and he's reached the highest level on all of them, making him a bit arrogant. Derek isn't exactly smooth, but he isn't awkward. He is also a bit clumsy, despite his deep voice.

History:

Avatar Appearance: Shadow is roughly 6'6. He weighs 160 pounds. His face is angular, but it's rather rough. He isn't exactly handsome, nor is he attractive. He's extremely average looking. His hair is long and black, his eyes purple. He face is covered by a slight, black beard. His cheek bones are prominent, but not too prominent. There is nothing handsome about it. His legs are long and lanky. His arms are just as long and lanky. He isn't very athletic.
Starter Pokémon: Shade the Sneasel: Level 10 - Faint Attack, Icy Wind, Ice Punch, Double Team - Inner Focus

Roleplay Sample: (provide a post from another RP you've been in. As recent as possible, but it should still reflect how you are planning to post in this RP. If you really have no sample post, type something up on the spot to show off!)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The beauty of writing in the first-person perspective is that you have always to re-read the text in order to understand the real meaning of it. That's why I always write that way. And because is a lot more easy to me hahaha.

I would never ask "Where can I start?" in the middle of a SU xD! Thank you for accepting me. We'll see each other around!

Well, in fiction that might be true. In roleplaying it's mostly annoying if a text is difficult to understand ;d But even roleplaying text should be beautiful if possible! Welcome and I hope you'll have fun. See Albero in Violet or something~

@ heretostay, let me know when you finish it!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ohhh MAO gym leader moveset conspiracies~ :3

Yikes, if Falkner is that scary, I can't wait to see how people react to Whitney. ;___;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Actually, Miltank is creepy enough as it is xD

Well, the gym leaders are the main bosses for now ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hmm, machomuu's post with Mr Pokémon gives me ideas on what I might do with that NPC in the future... ;)

I've been thinking of something, btw. Since we're all posting in a mess here, being able to interact whenever we want and with the same NPCs, should we let the first RPer to encounter a NPC set the example of how that person should act?

Say, the first one of us to meet the master sage in the Sprout Tower makes him seem like a butterfly loving old man who only talks in rhymes. Should we make that canon and have all the players interacting with him later stay true to that first personality?

This would help making MAO's Johto feel like a place we are in together. Of course we'd have to try and not be too extreme when making NPC's personalities :P And always follow whatever guidelines I've put up in the area info post about a NPC.

Otherwise, like I think we've done now to some extent, we could just have the NPCs act in whatever way we like and disregard the other RPer's posts. But I think this is a RP where we should read each other's posts and try to figure out ways to have our paths intersect in direct or indirect ways and having our NPCs act the same would help.

Thoughts?

Years
Hmm, machomuu's post with Mr Pokémon gives me ideas on what I might do with that NPC in the future... ;)

I've been thinking of something, btw. Since we're all posting in a mess here, being able to interact whenever we want and with the same NPCs, should we let the first RPer to encounter a NPC set the example of how that person should act?

Say, the first one of us to meet the master sage in the Sprout Tower makes him seem like a butterfly loving old man who only talks in rhymes. Should we make that canon and have all the players interacting with him later stay true to that first personality?

This would help making MAO's Johto feel like a place we are in together. Of course we'd have to try and not be too extreme when making NPC's personalities :P And always follow whatever guidelines I've put up in the area info post about a NPC.

Otherwise, like I think we've done now to some extent, we could just have the NPCs act in whatever way we like and disregard the other RPer's posts. But I think this is a RP where we should read each other's posts and try to figure out ways to have our paths intersect in direct or indirect ways and having our NPCs act the same would help.

Thoughts?

I totally agree with your idea of letting the first RPer to set the personality of a certain NPC. That would give more realism to the RP itself and make each one of us read everyone's posts. Also, "cannoning" the personalities would be a great way to get ideas on making plots using the NPCs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok, Fuyu really isn't posting :p So I'll stop waiting and post about Krissu getting the pokédex and getting involved with the fire soon. Tomorrow, probably.

How are you others holding up? Have any plans for your characters? Are you waiting on each other or just not sure what to post at the moment?

You are free to begin challenging Falkner if you feel ready in Violet :3 There's still Sprout Tower and stuff though. But the first one to beat Falkner is in for something of a treat~

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'm actually working on my post now... sorry about that, my computer charger came in today...

EDIT: Posted.

Last edited:

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I need to post, but I think I need some inspiration. Does anybody want to interact? I feel like I've been doing a lot of solo posts and that's my fault. Stupid Solomon is not good at sticking around people xD.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm actually working on my post now... sorry about that, my computer charger came in today...

EDIT: Posted.

Waah! Heartbreaking! Krissu was with her out of pity, yes... This can turn into a character building adventure for Ange :)

Back