• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Korosu! (Update 7/23/16 6:20 PM ET)

BaneBandicoot

BaneBandicoot
Years
Well Crizzle, I lost the Nuzlocke :( lol but it is still an amazing game and I will continue playing through it normally lol damn articuno in Icefall Cave was a dick move! xD xD

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Well Crizzle, I lost the Nuzlocke :( lol but it is still an amazing game and I will continue playing through it normally lol damn articuno in Icefall Cave was a dick move! xD xD
Oh thats too bad, bro. I was pulling for ya. I watched the first two episodes last night.
Well, the game wasnt made to be Nuzlocke friendly. I wonder if anyone will be able to finish Nuzlocke of it. Especially on YouTube, where theres a bit more pressure.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
not sure if glitch but my pokemon were fine till i got my ass handed to me by a boss of a company so i grinded them all to level 50, now none of them will obey me. i beat the boss by pure luck. i'm now in kanto and every battle is a nightmare because none of my pokemon will obey me.

I've thought about your problem and honestly I can't come up with a solution for you. This is because of a few things.
1)While testing this hack, I too grinded my team to beat the company's boss. None of my lvl 50+ pokemon were disobedient. I fought several other battles before I got Kanto's Rainbow/Marsh/Earthbadges.
2)Someone else has notified me that he has already beaten the game. He didn't mention what would have been a such glaring bug.
3)Obedience level checks start at lvl 30(Misty's badge) not lvl 50. So, the problem should have come up sooner if it were about badges.
4)Most importantly, disobedience only happens with Pokemon obtained by trades. Making 1-3 not really relevant.

So, I'm really confused about how this could have happened.

The only things I can come up with is: 1)You were using traded Pokemon or 2)you patched with an edited(or wrong type/version) FireRed ROM. If neither of these things are true for you, then I really don't know how to respond.

If anyone else is experiencing what MachoPony has described, then let me know so I can take note of it.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
might be he was using cheat codes. weird unrelated stuff can happen sometimes with that

also articuno is easy lol, theres a movetutor outside the cave in the town that teaches the perfect move to deal with it. though guess if blizzard hits its painful. if it hits.

Last edited:

BaneBandicoot

BaneBandicoot
Years
Oh thats too bad, bro. I was pulling for ya. I watched the first two episodes last night.
Well, the game wasnt made to be Nuzlocke friendly. I wonder if anyone will be able to finish Nuzlocke of it. Especially on YouTube, where theres a bit more pressure.

Personally I don't think anyone would going in blind like I did, maybe if someone was well informed of this game and over-leveled for the Articuno alone, but even then what's the fun in that if you already know what's about to happen, and even then, I haven't made it past that point yet, I'm sure there are much tougher challenges ahead to experience, but I love that aspect the normal Pokémon games are too easy, your hacks are a perfect difficulty for normal playthroughs :D

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
ok i found the problem.

my pokemon are being treated as having been traded in (gaining "boosted" exp) this is not the case as i caught my entire team (Gengar, Gallade, Pidgeot, Ampharos, Salamence, Walrein) ingame. so what in the name of hell is up with that?

if that's the case then the solution is simply struggle through till i get 5 badges

EDIT: it worked i managed to avoid the trainers till i got to saffron and beat sabrina fairly easily for her badge and now my pokes all obey me (and will continue to up to level 70 yay)

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
zz

so the 4 "new" pokemon+lucario basically have bulbasaur's learnable moveset. fine i guess but a downer for randomizer run. have to edit your rom to give them the proper movesets...

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
where's blaine? i swear i've looked every inch of every city, i even went to the power plant and rock tunnel. the "hint" in his gym implies pallet slums but he aint there. so where is he?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
ok i found the problem.

my pokemon are being treated as having been traded in (gaining "boosted" exp) this is not the case as i caught my entire team (Gengar, Gallade, Pidgeot, Ampharos, Salamence, Walrein) ingame. so what in the name of hell is up with that?

if that's the case then the solution is simply struggle through till i get 5 badges

EDIT: it worked i managed to avoid the trainers till i got to saffron and beat sabrina fairly easily for her badge and now my pokes all obey me (and will continue to up to level 70 yay)

Still not sure what happened but Im glad that you figured it out.

zz

so the 4 "new" pokemon+lucario basically have bulbasaur's learnable moveset. fine i guess but a downer for randomizer run. have to edit your rom to give them the proper movesets...

I didnt make the game to be randomized. Those 5 pokemon aren't supposed to be obtained by the player. And when you face them, theyre given custom moves. So I didnt bother giving them default learnsets. So like you said, if you randomize, you have to put the moves in yourself.

where's blaine? i swear i've looked every inch of every city, i even went to the power plant and rock tunnel. the "hint" in his gym implies pallet slums but he aint there. so where is he?

Seafoam islands...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 17, 2017
URL]

stuck here, now what to do.

help here

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Seafoam islands...

then i dont understand the hint. thanks though

EDIT: beat the game, it was fun. my final team ended up in the low-mid 70s. used a master ball on
Spoiler:
but i did find a bug not sure if you knwo about it. there was no music or sound effects during that area and while there was battle music and sound effects in battle including the victory sound for when you catch a pokemon, there was no sound at all afterwards other than pokemon cries, i even checked it in the PC and sure enough no bleeps or bloops just absolute silence apart from the cries.

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
URL]

stuck here, now what to do.

help here

Theres a key in a tree in one of the rooms.

then i dont understand the hint. thanks though

EDIT: beat the game, it was fun. my final team ended up in the low-mid 70s. used a master ball on
Spoiler:
but i did find a bug not sure if you knwo about it. there was no music or sound effects during that area and while there was battle music and sound effects in battle including the victory sound for when you catch a pokemon, there was no sound at all afterwards other than pokemon cries, i even checked it in the PC and sure enough no bleeps or bloops just absolute silence apart from the cries.

Yeah, I noted that in the bugs list. Im sure it can be fixed but at that point the game is pretty much finished so I didnt bother.

Thanks for playing, happy you had some fun.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2016
Hi. I really like the game so far until i beat the boss in berry forest on the second island, and i dont know where to go next. :(

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
mind explaining the hint in the cinnabar gym? that has no relation to seafoam as far as i can see.

"Blaine is in a miserable place where an artistic being should be."

Where would Blaine a fire type lover would be miserable? In a cold place like Seafoam islands. Also ARTistic was a hint at ARTicuno. Blaine being where Articuno usually is.

Hi. I really like the game so far until i beat the boss in berry forest on the second island, and i dont know where to go next. :(

Go to the boat guy. If you say no to his first question, maybe he has another question for you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 17, 2017
Theres a key in a tree in one of the rooms.

Yeah, I noted that in the bugs list. Im sure it can be fixed but at that point the game is pretty much finished so I didnt bother.

Thanks for playing, happy you had some fun.

need help with snorlax not moving outside the cave, how to move him?????

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Awesome hack so far, man. Can't say I understand all of the Outlaw references in the Kanto part of the game, but I didn't play Outlaw so I'm guessing that's why.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
I'm blind & didn't get/see where you get rock smash, Where can I get it?, For the lost cave & Giovanni?

you don't, talk to someone after clearing out the warehouse, theyll go to the cave ahead of you and smash it

need help with snorlax not moving outside the cave, how to move him?????

in the Salone family house after you beat the admin guy (who kicked your butt at the start of the game) there's an old man at the table, talk to him to intimidate him into giving you the pokeflute, that wakes snorlax

Back