• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotaku

Pokémon Expert
Years
I started Firered with my Charmander, but recently I just caught all the Unown in the Tanoby Ruins.

My current team
Charizard Lv. 55
Venusaur Lv. 55
Blastoise Lv. 53
Raichu Lv. 57
Dragonite Lv. 61
Mewtwo Lv. 78

I've done everything in the game (except for events such as Ho-oh or Lugia). I have caught 150 out of 151 Pokémon in my Kanto Pokédex (I trade with my friend with Leafgreen). I have caught 356 in my National Pokédex as well.

Years
Let's see, more Emerald:

Evolved Grovyle and Swablu into Sceptile and Altaria, respectively
Crushed Team Magma at the Space Center (which made me die a little inside, I love Team Magma)
The teaming with Steven part was fun as usual :D
Made some changes to my team
Caught a bunch of Pokémon at the Safari Zone
Surfed my way to Sootopolis and Pacifidlog
Beat Tate & Liza!!!! This is quit a feat for me, normally it takes me like 15 goes to beat them lol, but I was training my team and a wild Sharpedo appeared with Crunch so I nabbed it, trained it about two levels and I swear it was the lifesaver of my team :O NEVER have I seen Tate & Liza go down that quickly, but meh, can't say I mind much :P

More later :D

iCoffee~♥

★ aka hoodiegirl ☆
Years
I've just arrived in Cerulean City in LeafGreen. I'm not planning to challenge Misty until my Magikarp evolves and raise the rest of my Pokemon to level 20. I'm training on the route before Cerulean City. Route 4 is what I think it is called; it's the route at which you can get Ekans or Sandshrew, dependign on your version. My team is Magikarp Lv. 16, Spearow Lv. 15, Butterfree Lv. 15, Pikachu Lv. 16, Nidorino Lv. 17, and Ivysaur lv. 18. I was thinking of changing my team though.

Years
Playing Leaf Green and I got to Celadon which means - Eevee time!! :D Grabbed my Eevee and went to check it out - and it was female!! Which means - MORE EEVEES!!! :D I was soo deliriously happy it's not even funny :)

CHAZ The Cat

Come Charmander light my fire~
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
Just started on Ruby once again, and I was like, what gives?
MOM put me in the back of the moving truck with all our junk, and I was just stubbling around. Plus, once I got there, she was already there, with a lot of Machokes in the house.
Macho. Chokes.
Evil preverted MOM.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Since I finally got a working copy of Firered, after 2 fakes, I'm gonna document the whole journey, or at least up to the Elite 4, just like I did with Sapphire. This one goes between a third person point of view and a view from the pokemon team's perception.

Flicker's Kanto Adventure's, #1
A young boy named Flicker suddenly awoke from a restless sleep. His eyes were opened just a crack in his sleep, and they caught the sun's light. That meant it was morining, which, more importantly, meant it was the day that Flicker would get his first pokemon.
He immediately got up and started to run out of his bedroom, until he realized he was still in Pajamas. He had his mind made up about exactly what he wanted. He wanted a Charmander. Fire types were one of the types that appealed to him, based on looks alone, anyway. That and fighting types.
His mom had known for a long time that this day would come, and so she was prepared, and somehow not sad at all. Or worried. Flicker wasn't sure how, as even he was a bit scared of leaving. However, his excitement completely masked that. With a quick good-bye, Flicker left his house for the last time. At least for a while anyway.
He went to Professor Oak's Lab, since that was who would give away the pokemon. However, he was not present, but his grandson, Douse, was there waiting.
Douse was mostly the neighborhood bully, however, he would never have beat anybody up or something like that. He was all talk. However, everyone else couldn't even talk the talk, so Douse was definitely ahead there.
Nobody really minded Douse though. Flicker knew that once they got pokemon, they would all be somewhat equals.
Since Oak wasn't there, Flicker was getting impatient. He even decided to go out to the grass by himself, and somehow catch his own pokemon. It was then that Oak somehow showed up, and called Flicker over. Flicker did as he was told, and rushed over to the lab.
"Hello Flicker, Douse! Are you ready for your first pokemon?"
"Yes!" Said Flicker and Douse in unison.
"Good. There are three over there that you can pick from."
Flicker reached over to the Charmander of his dreams. He pushed the button, and out came....
..."Charmander!" I said as I popped out of the pokeball. I wasn't feeling too fond of the situation, because it meant I was now forced to obey my trainer's orders. But it was better than being in that pokeball 24/7. Although something seemed off. That old guy, Oak was his name, was the one that caught me. But there was some dude with a red hat that was holding my Pokeball. Was he now my trainer? "I'll call you... Disaster! A reference to how disastrously strong you're gonna be." Great... now I have to get used to a name. Ah whatever. It'll grow on me, I'm sure.
Then this other dude with Brown/Blonde hair reached over to another pokeball. Out came a Squirtle. It was a water type. The other dude, who was refered to as Douse, declared a battle, and my trainer, named Flicker, seemed a bit scared. But I wasn't. I knew that squirtle didn't know any water type moves yet. I didn't know any fire type moves either, but they wouldn't have done any good anyway.
An easy battle ensued, Flicker seemed nervous at first, but started gaining confidence. After the battle, I somehow felt stronger.... I couldn't really explain it, but perhaps this is the benefit of being a trainer's pokemon. I was starting to like Flicker a little bit already.
Douse didn't seem very happy, but he understood it could've gone either way, and wasn't too bent out of shape about it. Oak told Flicker and Douse to go out to the next town while training our pokemon. Flicker and Douse immediately left and headed north. Flicker encountered a few pokemon on the way, putting him behind Douse. But it wasn't a race. In fact, Douse would probably wish that he had more wild pokemon to fight somewhere down the road.
When we got to the next town, Flicker went into the pokemart. He said he was gonna buy some more pokeballs, so he could catch me some company. I liked that idea. Unfortunately, the clerk sent him back to Pallet town with something for Oak. Oh well, I could wait. As we gave Oak the parcel, Douse walked back in, remembering something Oak had forgotten. It was something called a pokedex. Like an encyclopeida. Apparently they were supposed to catch every pokemon in the world. That meant lots of company for me! I was happy!
When Flicker and Douse headed off again, they went farther and Viridian city... Flicker headed for Viridian forest, apparently there was something really rare to be found in there...
We Pikachu weren't very high in numbers. However, it allowed us to hid better. Of course the occasional Pikachu gets caught by a trainer, but that's life, and we occasionally hear from the Pikachu who have been caught, and they enjoy being trained.
However, it is in our instinct to hide, for if we presented ourself openly to trainers, then we would all be caught, and would surely go extinct, because the most abundant amount of reproduction happens in the wild.
I was pondering this, when I heard a footstep, it was one of those strange footsteps that echo all across the forest, in a way that it could be anywhere. I just ran in some direction, and I ran into a trainer and his charmander. It is also our instinct to battle whatever pokemon we find, so I engaged battle with the Charmander.
It was very strong, one scratch made me feel half as strong as I was before. I thought I was done for, then I saw the trainer throw something, and I was enveloped by a bright flash of light. Then I was in a cramped space. I was in a pokeball. I tried to escape, but then realized something. The trainer had spared me by throwing the pokeball. If I escaped, he may not spare me after all. So I succumbed. After all, being in his possession could only make me stronger. After I was caught, I was rushed to something called a pokecenter. I felt the pokeball I was in latch into something, then a warm sense of renewal rushed over me. When it stopped, I was feeling perfectly healthy again. I was taken out of my pokeball just to have a charmander in my face. It was the same one that had hurt me before. I got into a battle pose. But then I remembered that he was a pokemon of that same trainer who caught me, so he wouldn't hurt me. "Hi. Name's Flicker", the trainer said. "Now, I would like to nickname you Zappa." Zappa.... I could get used to that. I especially liked the "a" on the end, because I heard some bug catchers discussing spanish. They said something about words ending with "a" being feminine. I was a female pikachu, after all.
Flicker then told me to follow him. We trained for a while, battling some Pidgey's Rattatas, and the occasional Mankey on a different Route. Then Flicker decided to call it a day. I liked being a trainer's pokemon after all. Every battle made me feel stronger, and my trainer knew when to stop and rest. I thought about the future, and how sweet it would be, as I drifted off to sleep...

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
@Weavile05: That was pretty cool haha. I'm gonna start to follow your diaries if you don't mind :)

So I recently started a new Sapphire game with a team of Tauros, Magby, Natu, and Seel... Eggs :P None of them have seen battle yet, but I'm excited to use them since I have never used any of them in any Pokemon game before. Seriously though, has anyone used Tauros in a normal, casual playthrough?

Multigen

The Splicer
Years
I don't know if this is offtopic or what, but I have a story to share.

I had recently gotten Ruby version, and was trying to make a really good team to challenge the elite four with. At the time, my Pokemanz were all around level 40 with good movesets, but I certainly wasn't ready for the e4. I decided I wanted my Swampert to know hydro cannon, so I traded it to leafgreen and started raising it's happiness level so the person on two island would teach him it. I subsequently trained until LEVEL 85 when finally his happiness maxed out and I sauntered over to two island, happy as can be. Then I realised that the lady would'nt teach hydro cannon to my precious swampert, because she had already done the same to my Blastoise. So I unhappily traded him over to Buby again, and ohko'd most of the elite four!!!

Moral: Levels are sometimes more important than movesets.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Flicker's Kanto Adventures #2
***********************Charmander************************************
Flicker had been spending an awful lot of time with that Pikachu, Zappa. But I suppose it was for the best, as she was quite weak at the moment. Plus, the only real adventure I missed was Flicker defeating Douse in battle with only Zappa, but I suppose that was for the best, as she was more suitable for that fight. And I was getting used again in Viridian forest anyway, so I perfectly understood the issue, and wasn't willing to argue. We were being switched back and forth, Zappa and I, so that we would alternate at getting stronger. After all, it wouldn't be fair if I got strong and Zappa didn't, would it?

Viridian forest was Pathetic. I easily sweeped through everything in one hit, and Zappa was never in any danger either. I noticed toward the end that I had gone an unusually long amount of time without switching, and began to wonder why.

I found out that the gym in the next city, Pewter, was a Rock type gym. Everything in it was also ground type, as all rock types I had heard of were also Ground type. Zappa was beggining to get frustrated from lack of use, but I explained to her that she could literally do nothing, and that she would become very used later on. She settled down a bit, but I couldn't blame her for being a little jealous. I would be too, after all.

I had learned Metal Claw in the forest, which was very effective against Brock, the gym leader's, Rock types. Nevertheless, it was still a very challenging battle, that could have gone either way. Geodude went out in about 3 hits, and Onix did also, but I would've have been easily taken out had it not been for the move Growl, which caused him to do less damage for some reason. Regardless of that, we still managed to get hold of the BoulderBadge, along with the move that was so threatening in that battle, Rock Tomb, in a TM.

The first badge was finally ours, and I for one was ecstatic.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I turned on emerald earlier this week, and tried to go back to petalburg for the gym badge. I learned one thing: my claydol needs more training, and I intend on training it more before going back to the gym.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile's Hoenn Adventures: #3
***********************Pikachu***************************************
Me, Disaster, and Flicker all exited the gym. Flicker and Disaster's bond was now great, and I was happy for him, and I was also happy as he went to Route 3, got his Running shoes, and headed into battle with me at the front. Route 3 was actually rather challenging, and something else special happened there. Disaster had evolved. After the evolution, Disaster, Now a charmeleon, kept rambling on about how much more powerful he now felt. I for one was starting to get really jealous, as I was lower leveled, and only recently started getting used again. Flicker said that I too would evolve eventually, but not anytime soon. Apparently there was a move he wanted me to learn first and an item he needed to obtain before he could evolve me. I couldn't argue I suppose, after all, my trainer knows what's best for me.

Next, we headed into Mt. Moon. We battled some trainers, ran from some strange rock like pokemon, that were also the reason I couldn't take on the gym, and got several items. One of the trainers said something about suspicious men in the cave... we were all on gaurd.

We soon discovered the suspicious men, they were pokemon gangsters known as Team Rocket. What could they be doing in here, I wonder? We soon found out that there were some fossils at the end. They were going to revive them and sell them for money. As far as I could tell, they were just petty criminals, nothing really special. They were all easy to defeat, so weak.

Finally, we got to the end, but had to battle a greedy super nerd for a fossil in order to pass. Finally outside, we crossed the point of no return into Cerulean City. We healed up, and headed north, where we battled Douse, the 6 pack trainers, and another Rocket Grunt, earning us a nugget. Then we headed into the nearest grass patch...

***************************Oddish**********************************
One day, I was just minding my own business, when some trainer walked up to me and engaged in battle without warning. He managed to catch me in one of those pokeball doohickeys I had heard about from some of the other oddish. We immediately healed and then trained on some Route on the way to the house of Someone named Bill. It was a fairly easy path to cross, and so far I was actually enjoying being a trainer's pokemon. I wasn't too sure at first, but I was really starting to enjoy it. When we finally got to Bill's house, we did not find Bill, but a clefairy. And it spoke like a human.... It claimed that it was Bill! He stepped into a machine and Flicker went over and pushed a button on his computer, and then Bill himself stepped out of the other side, and gave Flicker a piece of paper with a Picture of a boat on it. Then we headed back to Cerulean...

...We healed up and headed to the gym, while there, I felt a strange power course through me, and felt my body change shape, power increasing all the way. Apparently I had done something called Evolution, I was now a Gloom, Gloom the Petalus, which is my Nickname, I forgot to mention earlier.

I defeated the Gym leader, Misty, with very few problems, Although I did almost run out of Energy and almost passed out. We got a shiny looking thing, apparently called a "Badge" Specifically the Cascade Badge, and a TM Water Pulse.

Next we headed through a house and fought some guy with a Red R on his shirt, apparently he was some sort of Criminal. He was easily defeated, and then we continued on.

The next Route, after crossing through the Underground path, had a few trainers, and then we ended up in Vermillion city, the port city. But we were all tired, and Flicker had Zappa, a Pikachu, light a fire and we all went to sleep...

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I restarted my Ruby for the first time in years. I picked Torchic as a starter. However, I'm doing this game with a twist: I'm using a team larger than six, with every type represented, so Shiftry will be my Grass and Dark type Pokemon and Crobat my Poison and Flying type Pokemon.
At my current point, I have my first two teammates, Zubat and Nuzleaf. I'm currently grinding Zubat for the Brawly fight.

Also, after refighting the Magma grunt in Whismur Cave, I realized I have PokeRus. And my internal battery is dead. I think I have permanent PokeRus, and, if not, Torchic will be kept in the PC to spread the love. I need a cut slave, though.

Final team will be:
Normal: Zangoose
Fire: Torkoal
Water/Ice: Walrein
Grass/Dark: Shiftry
Electric/Steel: Magneton
Poison/Flying: Crobat
Bug/Fighting: Heracross
Ground/Dragon: Flygon
Rock/Psychic: Solrock(No Lunatone in Ruby? Dangit!)
Ghost: Banette

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I've just arrived in Cerulean City in LeafGreen. I'm not planning to challenge Misty until my Magikarp evolves and raise the rest of my Pokemon to level 20. I'm training on the route before Cerulean City. Route 4 is what I think it is called; it's the route at which you can get Ekans or Sandshrew, dependign on your version. My team is Magikarp Lv. 16, Spearow Lv. 15, Butterfree Lv. 15, Pikachu Lv. 16, Nidorino Lv. 17, and Ivysaur lv. 18. I was thinking of changing my team though.

Yeah, you should.
My advice, and not only mine, is to not have a full team in earlier phases of game. I mean, the Pokès you get in the first routes are usually weak, not everyone, but most.
IMHO, you should forget about Butterfree, Pikachu, and Ivysaur, if you don't mind to play the game without your starter.

Butterfree, I say it because I had your same experience: I trained a Butterfree for the Elite 4, but it was pitiful, he could only kill Bruno's two Onix and he had an hard time.

Pikachu, I say because later in-game you can get more powerful Electric types. Like Jolteon, or Electrode. Or even you should trade from Fire Red an Electabuzz, if you can.
Or just, forget about having one of this, teach Thunderbolt to Nidoking and get a good Fire-type like Rapidash.

Ivysaur, 'cause IMHO it's too weak, and you will end up having two Poison-types, and, say it, Nidoking is waaaaaay better then Venusaur. Take in place a good Psychic-type like Mr. Mime, he also can leanr Magical Leaf that never misses.

So, I would use a team like this.

Nidoking, Fearow, Gyarados, Mr. Mime, Rapidash, Machamp/Hitmonlee.

Or, if you want to use your starter, you should say "bye bye" to Nidoking, and go with the same guys as above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I want to write something about the Emerald journey I'm doing.

I'm in Route 111, next to Route 113, with Marshtomp, Breloom, Swalot, Slugma, Nincada and Geodude as HM Slaves.
From next post, I will start fictioning something about this.

Laras Boyfriend

Neo Trainer
Years
You wouldnt believe me but I swear Im not lying =p
I just caught Moltres in Firered with a Pokeball when he had 20% health left (yellow life bar) and with a first try, while he hadnt any abnormal state
I started with Raichu and attacked Moltres with Thunder so he had like 20% health left and wasnt paralyzed. He used Agility later. I was waiting for him to use Endure, so I can let him with 1HP and use my Snorlax later to put him asleep. So I threw a Pokeball to miss my turn, when I saw that it shaked 3 times and blinked once. O_o
I swear, I never experienced such a thing.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
Years
I just reached Slateport in Sapphire on my quest to beat it for the eight time but actually catch the Regi's this time.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
I started a new game on Sapphire and I am trying to beat it with a set Pokemon team already. Yeah. Nothing else really to say.

Years
The Battle Frontier is the whole reason that Emerald is better in the trio of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. My favorite is the battle Pike or Pyramid. The Dojo is entertaining but my movesets are wrong and thus i dont win much...owell i guess thats what training is for hahah

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Just beat the Aqua Hideout on Sapphire, going to head out to Mossdeep city soon, gonna try to beat Sapphire before taking Pokemon White seriously. Anyways, here's t'e team:

Spr_3r_257.png
Spr_3r_277.png
Spr_3r_326.png
Spr_3r_342.png
Spr_3r_082.png

Not sure who the last member will be, but I think it'll be a Glalie or A Ghost type.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
Playing Ruby on an emulator as Giovanni - want a full party of shinies.

So far found a shiny Wingull very early on, it's a girl, named her Glory.

Now stuck on the route east of Rustboro in the hopes of FINALLY finding a shiny Whismur, Taillow or Nincada.

To put into perspective the amount of time wastage I've experienced there, when my team of Mudkip, Wingull, Slakoth and Whismur got there they were level 10.

They're now all level 40, and I haven't beaten the first gym yet -.-

Keep on searching, Swampert, Slaking, Pelipper and Exploud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back