• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Alolan Mix-Up 1: RuFF Wins!

Which design should be featured in the article?

• takeKopter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RuFF

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Alolan Mix-Up

pr_alola-770x562.png

For those of you who remember Make-a-Mega, the Alolan Mix-Up is very similar. Over in Battling and Team Building right now, we're hard at work creating a new Alolan form for Butterfree with a new type, ability and stat distribution. No Alolan variation would be complete without a change in appearance however - that's where you come in.

You'll have from now until the tenth of June to submit a design for our Alolan Butterfree. Then we'll conduct a three day poll to decide which design wins. The winning design will be featured in the Daily article introducing our creation with this thread being linked to at the end so everyone's designs have a chance to be seen.

Currently we don't have a type chosen for Alolan Butterfree, but I'll post here at the end of the week when we do. Until then, feel free to head over to BTB to submit typing suggestions of your own.​

Years
OOO, I was hoping Make-a-mega would make a comeback, but I love this redesigning idea! Can't wait to see what type Alolan Butterfree gets!​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
I'll give it a try

Spoiler:

Alolan Butterfree are different from regular ones. They had brownish-golden body, with significantly larger fangs. They suck blood from other Pokemon, and can be found mainly at night. Being nocturnal, Alolan Butterfree have long hair from their neck to balance their body temperature. Their wings have patterns that look like skull, intimidating any bigger and/or stronger Pokemon. They also have different antennae that are able to detect other Pokemon from their body temperature.

I chose brown and gold as it's color thanks to Calyptra, the vampire moth. But but, butterfree is butterfly not a moth! Yes I am aware of that , but it was already decided that the concept is vampire so why not. We are talking about a world where girrafes have 2 heads and pinnapples can dance. The skull is chosen because, 1.) It is scary looking for most, and 2.) Team Skull is the antagonists in Alola.

Credits to: Bulbapedia for original butterfree as a base (actually the exact same pose), and Pokemon Sun Moon website for the SunMoon background (merely for aesthetic, I can remove them if thats inappropriate)

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
Years

Here's my entry,

Xe9bgDv.png

Alolan Butterfree

Type:
Bug/Dark

Abilities:
Intimidate / Tinted Lens

Stats:
Same as regular Butterfree

Dex Entry:
It uses its strong pincer-like teeth to get sap on trees. When in danger, it uses its wings to intimidate enemies.

It is based on a Kamehameha Butterfly.
NOTE: I also used Butterfree from Bulbapedia as a based.

Last edited:
Years

Here's my entry,

Xe9bgDv.png

Alolan Butterfree

Type:
Bug/Dark

Abilities:
Intimidate / Tinted Lens

Stats:
Same as regular Butterfree

Dex Entry:
It uses its strong pincer-like teeth to get sap on trees. When in danger, it uses its wings to intimidate enemies.

It is based on a Kamehameha Butterfly.
NOTE: I also used Butterfree from Bulbapedia as a based.

Just so you know, the stats and ability are actually decided by a series of polls over in Battling & Teambuilding. So if you win, we'll still be going with those for the article. Nice picture!

RuFF

Years
Just so you know, the stats and ability are actually decided by a series of polls over in Battling & Teambuilding. So if you win, we'll still be going with those for the article. Nice picture!

Okay. I didn't know that there is a poll for that lol. Thanks :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Dunno if you need this, but if you want someone to sprite out the winning design, I could be of assistance. (I only say this bc I don't know if sprites are accepted for submissions in this lol)

Years
Dunno if you need this, but if you want someone to sprite out the winning design, I could be of assistance. (I only say this bc I don't know if sprites are accepted for submissions in this lol)

I'm happy to take a sprite as a submission.

Years
Awesome job, to both RuFF and takeKopter for taking the time to design such wonderful alolan Butterfrees! Congrats RuFF, can't wait to see your work on PC Daily's article!​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Why? Why did I lose? I never made any mistakes designing my Pokémon… Darn it! You're the new Pokémon Designer Champion! Although I don't like to admit it.

Jokes aside, congratulations RuFF! Cant wait for the article

RuFF

Years
Why? Why did I lose? I never made any mistakes designing my Pokémon… Darn it! You're the new Pokémon Designer Champion! Although I don't like to admit it.

Jokes aside, congratulations RuFF! Cant wait for the article

Thanks takeKopter, your design is good too. I love the skull pattern you did. Although "Pokémon Designer Champion" is a little exaggerated. Hahaha.

Back