• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The egg hatches into Eevee. Should you want more Eeveelutions you can get them at the Safari Zone

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I had the same thing on GBA4IOS.
I made the animation and it definitely works on PC, both No$GBA and VBA.
I don't really get it.

Where's the earliest one can get Flash Cannon?

Alternatively, can anyone lend me a save file that has access to the move?
I'm playing using real hardware so I'm curious to see if the GBA would like the custom animation.

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Alternatively, can anyone lend me a save file that has access to the move?
I'm playing using real hardware so I'm curious to see if the GBA would like the custom animation
The Magnezone on my file has one, send me a PM with your email adress and i'll send it over.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Great job on Beta 2 Chaos.

A couple of things I noticed playing through so far (I'm at Celadon Gym):

1) Mystic Water and the other boosting items are a waste of Game Corner prizes because they're so cheap to buy in the department store or elsewhere. Maybe something else should go in those spots? Something cool.

2) There is a typo in Daisy's Celadon monologue (attached)

3) Also, someone already brought it up, but the tiling error at Cerulean Cape with the stairs - can that be fixed by adding just one or two more tiles to the tileset with the stairs moved down or up a few pixels so it lines up? Alternately, you could do a "terraced" staircase (also attached). It would help make it look more realistic.

4) Finally one suggestion, maybe script someone who sells the drinks (Fresh Water, Soda Pop, Lemonade, etc) so it's not such a P.I.T.A. to buy them one at a time from the vending machine.

This hack has the best attention to detail of any I've played - I'm looking forward to the final version. Keep it up!

Now that I've played through a bit more of the game, here are some other oddities/possible bugs I found.

1) The biggest one is a problem with Magic Bounce. I found the bug in the double battle just before cycling road. A lot of regular attacking moves were being bounced back from my Espeon, including Lava Plume, Discharge, Hex, and Static Hit. It wasn't just the double battle though because bullet punch, aqua tail and fire punch were fine. I was able to test Static Hit in a regular battle against a wild Elekid, and it was bounced back there as well. I'm sure it's not limited to just these moves.

2) There is a very minor tiling error on the trees above the pewter city entrance of diglett tunnel (attached) where the tops of the trees are chopped off where the maps go together.

3) I can't find Premier Balls anywhere in the game since it seems they're missing from the Viridian Mart where they were sold in Beta 1.

4) When Motor Drive activates there's no text, just the animation. I don't know if that's intentional but there it is.

5) Nasty Plot requires you to choose a target in double battles (not really an issue, just kind of weird).

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinta77

This looks a lot better than firered and leafgreen. I was never a huge fan of those games. This looks amazing! I'll have to try it out.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Hey, where can i find an Omega Stone? I want to evolve my Haunter :3
Also, almost finishing the beta, it's really awesome, i hope it continues :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Alright, finished the Beta. Found a few other moves that go bad with Magic Bounce, and some very minor tiling and movement permission errors from Silph Co.

Other moves that get bounced: Zen Headbutt, Mud Bomb

Attached is a small pic of the tile errors I found throughout Silph Co. (I don't think there are any others).

Hope this was helpful, and good luck on the final product.

Years
1. Are there gonna be many events after league

2. Does anything happen after completing pokedex (star in trainers card, event or npc congratulating you for completing pokedex)

3. Will any npc tell something about me being the champion after beating the league

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Will we be able to get the starters before we can challenge the elite four? Also great work keep it up.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Has no guard been added, as I would love to have a no guard machamp

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Great job on Beta 2 Chaos.

A couple of things I noticed playing through so far (I'm at Celadon Gym):

1) Mystic Water and the other boosting items are a waste of Game Corner prizes because they're so cheap to buy in the department store or elsewhere. Maybe something else should go in those spots? Something cool.
Thanks for pointing that out, that's just me keeping the FR/LG item prizes. I'll change it up.

2) There is a typo in Daisy's Celadon monologue (attached)
Thanks for pointing that out.

3) Also, someone already brought it up, but the tiling error at Cerulean Cape with the stairs - can that be fixed by adding just one or two more tiles to the tileset with the stairs moved down or up a few pixels so it lines up? Alternately, you could do a "terraced" staircase (also attached). It would help make it look more realistic.
It's not a tile error, it's just how the stairs work in order to keep the maps movement-wise the same as HG/SS. Although I'm thinking I might even just remove that cliff entirely because the only reason why HG/SS did it was for Suicune appearing in Kanto (which I thought was dumb).

4) Finally one suggestion, maybe script someone who sells the drinks (Fresh Water, Soda Pop, Lemonade, etc) so it's not such a P.I.T.A. to buy them one at a time from the vending machine.
Maybeee, but it's not that huge of a deal

This hack has the best attention to detail of any I've played - I'm looking forward to the final version. Keep it up!

Now that I've played through a bit more of the game, here are some other oddities/possible bugs I found.

1) The biggest one is a problem with Magic Bounce. I found the bug in the double battle just before cycling road. A lot of regular attacking moves were being bounced back from my Espeon, including Lava Plume, Discharge, Hex, and Static Hit. It wasn't just the double battle though because bullet punch, aqua tail and fire punch were fine. I was able to test Static Hit in a regular battle against a wild Elekid, and it was bounced back there as well. I'm sure it's not limited to just these moves.
MrDollSteak has identified the problem with Magic Bounce and it will be fixed for future releases.

2) There is a very minor tiling error on the trees above the pewter city entrance of diglett tunnel (attached) where the tops of the trees are chopped off where the maps go together.

3) I can't find Premier Balls anywhere in the game since it seems they're missing from the Viridian Mart where they were sold in Beta 1.
Why do you need to get a Premier Ball...

4) When Motor Drive activates there's no text, just the animation. I don't know if that's intentional but there it is.
The new abilities were done by MrDollSteak so I'll pass that along.

5) Nasty Plot requires you to choose a target in double battles (not really an issue, just kind of weird).
Comments in bold.

Am still geting the mart bug :(
The virdian city and the other mart sells me nothing but question marks (??????)
I already said that it doesn't happen on my ROM, both before and after you deliver the parcel. How am I supposed to fix a glitch that doesn't even exist on my ROM?

1. Are there gonna be many events after league
Yes

2. Does anything happen after completing pokedex (star in trainers card, event or npc congratulating you for completing pokedex)
Well for one you can get the diploma as in all games. But also, there will be specific items you can get for getting a certain amount of Pokemon (in increments), and it will be the only way to capture three of seven legendary Pokemon in DarkViolet.

3. Will any npc tell something about me being the champion after beating the league
what

Will we be able to get the starters before we can challenge the elite four? Also great work keep it up.
No, but the other starters will be available after you beat the Elite Four.

Has no guard been added, as I would love to have a no guard machamp
Yes, No Guard has been added, thanks to MrDollSteak.

Last edited:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Route 3 has a similarly weird staircase like Cerulean Cape.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
It would be awesome if the pokedex counter on the save screen reflected how many you have seen as opposed to how many you caught.

Back