• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Theme Song ranked #232 by Dutch radio station

Years
I guess anything loves to honour Pokemon's 20th anniversary. Nice to hear about the original anime theme song doing this well in such a list.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Wow, that's really impressive. Not a single song from this year outranking it is just mind-boggling really. Even more proof of the influence of the nostalgia brought on by the franchise's 20th anniversary and Pokemon Go this year.

Coffee

Banned
Years
This is pretty awesome since i am Dutch after all. Wasn't expecting any sort of anime/game related songs to be in the top 2000, but here we are.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
It entered at place 1666 last year, it pretty much got voted in to celebrate the 20th year anniversary, seems like it caught on.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
It entered at place 1666 last year, it pretty much got voted in to celebrate the 20th year anniversary, seems like it caught on.

I was about to say that! Last year someone started this Facebook event to get people to vote the song into the annual Top 2000, with place 1666 as the result. I voted for it as well this year but I hadn't seen the results yet; I am thoroughly surprised at it being ranked this high. Like, even with the revival of the franchise here with Pokémon GO I didn't see it coming. I am very happy, if only I knew of this sooner. :D

colter519

Youngster
Years
I was actually in Amsterdam last summer shortly after Pokemon GO was released and heard it playing from someone's car as they drove by. I smiled and am glad it's done so well

Back