• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Elimination Round Results - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
lol MVP? (I wonder why it reminds me of NBA... XP)

Well, so the three expected hacks are on the final round. It'll be hard compeating against Prism and Rocket's Revenge, specially when Coolboyman is my hacking idol, and RR has a large fanbase which will kill us if they dont win :laugh:
But, anyway, let the best hack win this voting thing! XD

(On a side note, too bad I couldn't get the feature thing out of CBMan, but... I was close, dude, I was close... :P)

[EDIT] Oh my, how inconsiderate I was! Thanks for all the people who voted for my hack on the Top 5 and in the different categories (except for crazy plots where I received 0 votes... O.x)

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Thanks to everyone who voted for Prism, I really appreciate it. Even if I don't win first place this year, it'll be fine, I'm just happy that I got this far in the first place, and I wouldn't be in the final 3 if it weren't for the fans, so once again, thanks. I'm happy I got the category award for most interesting features, this is the category award that I wanted more than any others, and I'm glad I got it. But you all haven't seen nothing yet, wait until next beta.
Great job to Zel and EarthsVisitor for making it here too, you both should be really proud of yourself for making great hacks.
And if I don't win first this year, theres always next year. :p

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Congrats to Zel, Coolboyman, and Eathvisitor
These are all excellent hacks, and if you put them in different years, perhaps they would all win. alas, there can be only one HoTY

And special congrats to Zel for the MVP award. You really deserve it man!
Congrats again to everyone, and may the best hack win!

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Wow, congratulations to all who won awards. Shiny Gold won 3 (4 technically), Prism, rijon adventures, and Rocket's Revenge won 2, while the others won one. Wow, that's pretty good.

I wasn't expecting Shiny Gold to be the best scripting, I was actually expecting Prism's award to be switched with Best scripting. But that's what happened, so congrats to the winners!

And I think that some people will agree with me, but I think that one of these 3 is going to be hack of the year next year too. Maybe it'll be a remach or something. Congrats again!

Edit: Oh yeah, Congrats Zel for being the MVP! Wait, shouldn't it be MVH or something? (Most Valuable Hacker)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Congrats to all the finalists! ;P.
Thats including the second round awards, but one thing I wonder is why Rijon didn't get into the finals, since it had best graphic and story delivery and mapping.

Good luck to Zel, Coolboyman and EarthsVisitor!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Congrats you guys. I remember when I first got to these forums and Zel was still working on Bugsy's town. Now look where he is XD. And I didn't even find out about RR until sometime at the end of last year. CBM, I think you're extremely deserving of where you're at, I mean, look at the tools you use :P Good job you guys.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
amazing! :D
Great work ya guys! I'm very pleased to see Shiny Gold and Prism are on the top 3...
Also to all the others who won; RR, GF, rA.., congrats!

Always continue the great job, guys and always keep it up! ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Coolboyman and Hiroshi: Congrats on ur award/s. ilu =D

Zel: :-(
Not pleased with this kid.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I don't mind if I don't please everyone. Because I know that is something impossible to do, so don't worry ;)

I'll keep trying my best, though... :)

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years
Sorry

Sorry zel, and Earthvisitor-bossman, but I have to go with Coolboyman. Prism has been in progress the longest, and is, in my opinion, the most revolutionary. I officially vote for Prism.

(I would vote for rijonAdvanced, but it didn't make the cut:(

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Congrats to the three finalists! I am glad that three of the best hacks out there are competing for the award, although they all deserve it. Now all we have to do is sit and wait to see the winner.

Congratulations again to zel, Coolboyman, and EarthsVisitor!

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
To all the Earth, Zel, and Cool, Congrats to all of you and i can't wait to see who will actually win Hoty!

And to zel, thanx for helping me a long time ago when u did, U defiantly deserve the mvp for all you've done to inspire people to get into hacking ( like myself )

To Earth for not intentionally bringing me back to the scene, i thank you :P And would love to see rocket's take the hoty, (since i'm part of the team lol) i mean since it's such a fresh take on the way u play a pokemon game...

Coolboy, i rly shud hve something i could say to you as well....but i rly dont.... I admire your awesome hacking skillz w/ dropped jaw, at how cool you make things, w/ what most consider meager instruments...but like no one questioned or cared what brushes or canvases were used by Da Vinci to paint his works of art,no one will care how simple your tools are/were or what u made the hack in because it is/will be an achievement that would be non duplicable by anyone else...

looks like i did hve something to say afterall lol ;)

Years
I think, Shiny Gold doesn't has the best scriting. There are to many glitches. Zel is doing new scripts and not correcting already done. But, its your choise. By the way its the longes hack right now.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Really? I mean, considering the huge ammount of scripts I have done during a year and a half the ammount of bugs related to scripts are not that much (you probably are getting confused with other kind of bugs, all of them together may be a good bunch, but, still, as I say, these are just Betas, so, deal with the bugs, or hold playing till the last release, meh...)

And, as CBMan is happy with the feature award, and Hiroshi is happy with the mapping award (and probably Earthsivisitor & gang are happy with the story & plots awards), I'm quite happy with the scripts award, because I consider myself a scripter :)

(Oh, and by the way, the script award I got was on a clear majority decision, don't know if that means something...)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Congrats to the finalists :)

If anything you deserved the change to win Hack of the Year 2007, all of you guys. Also congrats to all the people that one a catergory, now would be a good time to expand on that catergory and make it work to the fullest extent.

Congrats zel for winning the MVP award, you deserved it ;)

Hopefully the final award will be close between the three hacks and I hope a war does not happen between you guys over who won, remember there is always next year.

Good Luck zel, EarthsVisitor and Coolboyman. Your hacks have inspired our hacks to improve so we can be more of a challenge in the years ahead.

Years
I know that Zel, but when I was looking on hacks on polish forums, they've had no more than 2 glitches, so...
I don't know what you've done since last 3 months, but 3 months ago, you've had many glitches. In beta 5, I will see that you corrected them or no ;)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
*Pops out of the cake.* Congrats to the finalists, sweeties. =3 Your hard work and skills have been shown and earned you the awards. ^^

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Congratulations Zel, Earthsvisiter and Coolboyman i hope you three talented hackers will keep up the good work on your hacks and dont let us down and zel desurves to be no.1 for his awesome scripting for his gold remake.

Well best of luck guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back