• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] All versions of PGE are giving me this error

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
All versions of PGE are giving me this, but i screenshot 3.8.1 specifically.
ztlyRuS

https://imgur.com/ztlyRuS
What do I do to remedy this?

Last edited:
Years
What are you trying to do with PGE?
Are you using a clean slate Rom?

I think I've encountered something similar with PGE whilst trying to modify other people's finished roms. (To try and reverse engineer what they have done)
For instance I can't open Pokémon data on Spherical Ice's "Pokemon Gaia" with PGE without getting a similar error, or maybe even this exact one.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
What are you trying to do with PGE?
Are you using a clean slate Rom?

I think I've encountered something similar with PGE whilst trying to modify other people's finished roms. (To try and reverse engineer what they have done)
For instance I can't open Pokémon data on Spherical Ice's "Pokemon Gaia" with PGE without getting a similar error, or maybe even this exact one.

Yeah i originally tried to open Pokemon Gaia on PGE, it didn't work even after downloading the .ini file. I ended up messing around with the rom.ini file but made a backup of it incase i messed it up. PGE from there on didn't even want to let me edit clean roms, freshly downloaded or not, or imported from my R4'd DS. I tried earlier versions of PGE (deleting the one that I fiddled around with,) and still gave me the same error for all versions.

Years
I see, that is strange. I never fiddled with the .Ini files after encountering the error myself and my version of PGE is working perfectly. Perhaps you made some kind of critical error whilst fiddling with the .Ini?

I plan on doing almost everything in my hack myself, apart from utilizing some of the great community resources here and applying a patch or two.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
I see, that is strange. I never fiddled with the .Ini files after encountering the error myself and my version of PGE is working perfectly. Perhaps you made some kind of critical error whilst fiddling with the .Ini?

I plan on doing almost everything in my hack myself, apart from utilizing some of the great community resources here and applying a patch or two.

good luck i guess, don't know what to do anymore. Not gonna bother trying to figure this out. I'm no genius in this sort of stuff.

Years
Im not very computer savvy either, just trying to learn as I go along. I gave rom hacking up for a year and am now back at it and making more progress than I had before.
It definitely requires decent amounts of free time though.

Back