• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Here is my SU. Hopefully everything is okay. :)

Spoiler:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@ShayShay: Your characters are both back in :D

@WooliestSteam: Your in too. Welcome to PTA :D I gotta go update the first page soon.

@Nideous: I'll talk it over with Yellow. I think we let somebody else have one before and that went out alright.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Alright Megaman. I would ask about Slyveon but seeing as how we know nothing about it, it would be impossible to use. Sprinkles will have to become an Espeon then. x3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
In the past, we've allowed the X and Y starters and Slyveon under the condition that the starters have only the generic moves known by other starters (This means that giving Fennekin dragon moves like Charmander or fighting moves like every other fire starter would probably be frowned upon or disallowed completely) and Sylveon may only have Eevee's moveset.

These restrictions will be lifted immediately upon X and Y's release.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Alright Im back, Irl stuff happened the past week and I wanted to focus more on that. Its blown over though.
If anyone wants to react with Iny I would be happy, Im pretty sure the teacher for my next class is MIA so I wouldn't mind skipping.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Hm... Is it alright if I prepose a moveset for Fennekin under the assumption it is a SPD and SPATK base, and Chespin under the assumption it is ATK and SPATK base? I'll only use moves from the starters move pool that make sense, as well as levels at which they are learned.

Fennekin:

lvl 0 Tackle
lvl 0 Growl
lvl 8 Ember
lvl 11 Smokescreen
lvl 14 Quick Attack
lvl 18 Flame Charge
lvl 21 Bite (Ok I took it from the Squirtle line, but it seems to fit)
lvl 26 Flame Burst
lvl 33 Swift
lvl 38 Fire Spin
Lvl 44 Flamethrower
lvl 50 Inferno

And Chespin

lvl 0 Pound
lvl 0 Leer
lvl 7 Absorb
lvl 10 Leech Seed
lvl 13 Growth
lvl 17 Razor Leaf
lvl 21 Sleep Powder
lvl 28 Mega Drain
lvl 34 Slam
lvl 38 Detect (Or Synthesis)
lvl 44 Giga Drain
lvl 49 Leaf storm

Or these proposed movesets decent? I tried to come up with good ones with decent development for the two of them. ^^ Hope you like them

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Sorry about the very long inactivity everyone. Deadlines for my work are closing in soon. I should be back and interacting again soon.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
First of all thanks @Megaman765 for accepting my SU. :)

I also just made my first post on the RP. I felt it was a dodgy enough post but I guess maybe that's because It's my first one, I don't know.

Although not really sure where to go from here as I haven't seen too many people from the Raikou dorm on here. Perhaps I'm mistaken :L

Megaman765

Years
@Mick Fizz: Sorry for missing your SU and taking forever to reply. I've been occupies lately. Your history is a few words short though. Fix that up and you'll be good to go.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I just realized Tentou battled two Pokemon, so that gives him 4 level ups. On my next post, it's time for him to evolve into Luxio!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I just realized Tentou battled two Pokemon, so that gives him 4 level ups. On my next post, it's time for him to evolve into Luxio!

If we're gonna play like that then Felicity also got 4 levels from defeating two Pokémon :|

Megamen- Is it okay for me to edit the levels of my Pokémon in my SU when they have leveled up or would that cause confusion?

Megaman765

Years
I usually put my Pokemon levels in my signiture when they level up but your free to do whatever you like. We also have an etherpad for that kind of thing on the first post as well.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I usually put my Pokemon levels in my signiture when they level up but your free to do whatever you like. We also have an etherpad for that kind of thing on the first post as well.

But i'm on my phonneee~ xD hmm… I might do both.

EDIT: I also found Roxas's SU, sooo... you can add it to the first page~ LINK

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
@Mick Fizz: Sorry for missing your SU and taking forever to reply. I've been occupies lately. Your history is a few words short though. Fix that up and you'll be good to go.

Roger that. I'll have it ready by the weekend, most likely. One of the disadvantages of having only one day and a half of free time per week.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So awesome her picture breaks the width.

∣ Zen
Aw1lIZf.png
282.png
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
A Wild(?) Gardevoir Appears!

kBdyRGn.jpg

Name: Zen

Sex: Female

Job: General Interaction (She'll find a place later on... Hopefully.)

Appearance: She looks like most other Gardevoir, though her demeanor and expression are often less than enthused. She has a warrior's eyes, with a temper to match.

Personality: Zen can be kind to everyone, just the sweetest, most helpful character in the world... But no one ever convinces her to act this way. She's generally interested at best, as her personal opinion of Humans is petty. Some have been kind enough to her, however, that she will treat them respectably. However, most others only spark the short fuse of her temper. She's known to become destructive with her powers when angered, though she knows just enough to hold back from hurting Humans severely. No one seems to understand why she acts so rash and distanced, because every time they ask she flips a table (or whatever is immediately in front of her) and storms out.

History: No one seems to know anything about this Gardevoir, or how she got here. She came from Oak Town and just... Made herself known at the Academy one day. She seemingly roams the halls on a regular basis now, interacting with others' Pokemon more than the trainers or staff. Multiple students have tried to capture her just within her first day there, and all have suffered some kind of consequence for it. Some of the staff have questioned her choice in hovering about the halls, but were verbally pushed away by her attitude. To avoid some sort of conflict, she's been allowed to roam as she pleases, though if they knew some of the things she had done, she might not be there for too long. She doesn't seem quite so agitated until someone (Human) tries to speak to her. The few who have tried to capture her have suffered psychic punches in the gut, psychic kicks where the sun doesn't shine, and psychic-powered wedgies, among other things. She has treated every Human at the Academy so far with malice and disgust, except for one rare exception: the Nurse of the Academy's Pokemon Center. The Nurse simply doesn't ask her about her past and was generally very kind, unlike most of the students at the school she had encountered. Zen looks to be hunting for something or someone, with no luck at all. Despite this, she keeps searching, seemingly insistent that whatever it is she's looking for is at the Academy somewhere. She takes her rest in the back room of the Pokemon Center every night, where she won't be disturbed by any Human but the Nurse. She seems to have formed an acquaintanceship (or rather, a friendship she is not willing to admit to) with the nurse, as one of the only people she has ever met and truly enjoyed being around. When she doesn't want to search the Academy, she'll lounge around the Pokemon Center, or explore the island on her own. This happens frequently as well, and is happening more and more often with each day of no findings in the Academy.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Resubmitting Bruce's SU. I hope that this time it's right. I expanded the History part a bit, explaining a bit more about the boy's past.

Spoiler:

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Name: Luna Amie Black

Nickname: Amy or Angel

Sex :F

Dorm : Suicune

Appearance :http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/images/konayukifururi/Saki_Narashino.jpg

Personality: Luna is a quiet person and will be cool and collected. She tends to be more of a listener than take control,showing her introverted Nature. She is known to be easily Provoked. She has Depression and will swing between emotions at a moments notice most notably her Depression and Happier Sides,Often Faking Happiness in Extreme bouts of depression. She is also some what withdrawn from social interactions. Shes Rather Calm Under pressure and is very sensitive to Emotions of her own or of others,making her compassionate and empathic. She is task oriented often being single minded in tasks.

History Luna was born into a rich household,her father a Poketech developer and her mother an actress from Unova. She would be their only child. As she grew up she was given "cute" Pokemon and she would openly decline them only really taking Piplup/Draco and ToxiLeaf/Bulbasaur in the first form. She lived with her Grandparents and Parents. Before coming to the school she was training Hard,Wanting to become An Elite four Member,But she needed a bit of help,so her parents put her here,to push her to strive.

Pokémon
Species: Litwick
Nickname: Death
Personality: Death is a creepily Calm pokemon,She is Wise beyond her years and will only listen to Luna. She does show emotions just not anger or others.
Lvl: 28
Moves: Solarbeam,Attract,Shadow Ball ,FlameThrower,Payback and Dark Pulse

Species: Prinplup
Name: Draco
Personality: He is a Protective Pokemon,and will defend Luna with his life,Luna and Him as as close as two people could ever be. Unlike Death he is very emotional and will act out in rage.
Lv: 30
Moves: Metal Claw,Shadow Claw,Dig,Rest,Aerial Ace and Rock Smash

Species: Ivysaur
Name: ToxiLeaf
Personality: Leaf is the youngest of the three and acts much like a baby. She will cry when startled,pushed down or yelled at. She is rather Intelligent in Battle,Looking for a weakness in a foe and exploit it.
LV. 29
Moves Toxic,Vine Whip,Venoshock,Razor leaf,Curse and Rest

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Sorry, I'll retry with a little less gore and I'll try to compact the history a bit too. 

Name: Max Huston Silas.
Nickname: Silas
Dorm: Oaktown. I know it's not a dorm, but Silas isn't really an on-campus kind of guy. 

Appearance: black hair that falls to the middle of his shoulders. 5 feet 1 inche and growing. Hazel eyes. If he was 10 years older he would appear on your google image search of 'sexy guys'. He always has on a different color of neon skinny jeans, but only ever wears a white, black, or grey shirt but each of those shirts always has some sort of art on them. 

Personality: Silas is quiet but not shy, he doesn't answer questions that people don't ask and he never looks like hes paying any attention in class but he gets 90% or above on his exams. Starting to be interested in girls but Pokemon are way cooler than any girl. Silas finds art in everything he looks at, from zubat scat to sunsets reflecting off the jewels of hundreds of tentacool and tentacruel. He doesn't take pictures, he doesn't like to waste his moments, but he does admire pictures that other people take.

History: has an older brother and a younger brother. The older brother is a business entrepreneur and is paying Silas's way for the Pokemon academy. One of the businesses that the older brother owns is a clothing store that puts the art of Pokemon trainers and fans on shirts. Silas is a recruiter for people's art.
Silas and his 2 brothers were raised in an orphanage in johto regions violet city. He and his brothers were the 3 explorers of the area around the town. One of their favorite places to sneak to was the ruins. The Silas brothers liked it there because there was so much to do. They could explore the ruins, do the puzzles, play hide and seek in the statue rooms and go swimming in the water around the ruins.
 The boys had been exploring the ruins for a long time and knew there were Pokemon in them because they could hear them through the walls and caught a glance of a tail sometimes. The trio was so excited to catch the rare Pokemon inside that they would take the coolest looking pokeballs from the packs of unsuspecting trainers who visited violet city to challenge the sprout tower or to train in the local gym. They ended up with 4 fast balls and 3 ultra balls.

The brothers knew that they had never made it deep enough into the ruins to find the pokemon because the ruins were too big to get far enough into in only one day of exploring. The brothers came up with a plan to get deep enough into the cave
 step 1: the oldest  brother catches a bellsprout with a pokeball he stole 
Step 2: the brothers trained bellsprout in shifts 24 hours a day until it was strong enough to complete step 3 of their plan.
 step 3: challenge sprout tower. Turns out bellsprout was stronger than they they thought and when they challenged they routed the tower with ease.  The guy in charge was so impressed that he challenged them and it was such a powerful battle that bellsprout evolved into weepingbell and won the fight. As a prize for being so strong the leader gave the boys hm flash as a prize for winning. 
Step 4: teach flash to weepingbell so they can see at night. 
Step 5: explore. The trio of inseparable brothers started their journey. They explored and swam and explored and even found new puzzle rooms until finally, 3 days into their journey, they found an area where it looked like Pokemon might live. They arrived that night and in the night the eldest brother challenged, battled, and caught a sneasel...
 A wild smeargle swung from a tree and landed right on top of Silas and started painting all over him with his tail! The youngest brother thought fast and threw their last ball, a fast ball, and the smeargle was caught. The youngest was pretty easygoing and since the Pokemon jumped on Silas first he gave the Pokemon to silas, saying, "it obviously would prefer you to train it"
After the encounter with the smeargle the bros decided they were ready to go home and do they did. 3 days later the showed up back in town. Cut up, painted on, wet, tired and with 2 new Pokemon who didn't listen very well. 
That was 5 years ago

Pokemon: 
Smeargle-male
Nickname: Phish
Personality: likes to do Pokemon hallucinogens and, sometimes, paint what he sees while he's on them. He doesn't usually look like hes taking battles seriously, but inside he is absolutely focused on what's around him while he battles. Be it the enemy Pokemon or the flock of daisys floating by on the backs of rotom who are all singing Mary had a little lamb... Did I mention he likes halucinogens?
Lvl: 16
Attacks: 
Swagger
Giga drain

Opening post: 
"alright smeargle, today is the day we get a partner to join us in school."
"smeargle!" I look over to see phish having a stare down with the ficas next to the microwave. I figure I'll leave him to his epic battle of brains and spread jam on my peanut buttered toast. I pour Phish and myself a cup full of moo-moo milk and as he comes over to breakfast with me I try starting up the conversation again. 
"what do you think he'll give us? I think it would be awesome to get a shinx or a magby don't you?" as I talk Phish is looking around the room,  tale in the milk, maybe following a spearow only he can see with his eyes. What a waste of time trying to talk to a high Pokemon. So I think to myself what attacks the new guy will learn, thinking up crazy names and forms even though I know most of them don't even exist. My imagination is almost on par with Phish's sometimes. 
We Finnish breakfast and leave our dishes on the table. "we'll clean those up later." Phish grabs at midair and starts painting a picture at the same spot he tried to catch. What a wierdo.. "return." in a red flash he is contained. I stick his ball to my belt and in the front room of the house i check the tires of my bike, both are nice and full so i take off toward falcon's gym. We've been training together for a while and when he heard that I was going to school he promised to catch me a Pokemon from a faraway land as a goodbye token. All I had to do was take care of his gym while he was on the journey. 
"hey Silas! Nice shirt!" Jen breaks through my reverie
"hey Jen." sometimes it's a pain being so famous by association but I still reply to everyone who says hi, my brothers clothing shop needs the customers. One of the reasons I have a bike is so I can avoid the awkward passing chatter where no matter what it ends awkward and I end up late. 
Falcon has been gone for an entire week since last time we talked and I've been overseeing training and keeping the gym running for him while he's been gone. The only reason I know he's coming back today is because I'm leaving for school tomorrow morning. Anyway, when I get to the gym I find the front doors bustling with people anxious to train their hearts out talking about attacks and strategies they will use throughout the day. As i climb off my bike they make a path for me from the rack to the front doors where I unlock the triple-warehouse sized, roofless, building and walk in with the crowd spreading behind me. I signal the start of the days training with the ceremonial release of Phish from his pokeball. Of course all he does is lay down on his back and start following clouds with his fingers, toes, and tail all at the same time while everyone else realeses their Pokemon and start warming up I have to wait for Phish to come down off his high. "what a drag." 
"what was that?" from practically no where falcon climbed off his pidgeot next to me.
" what a drag" 
"do you want to see what I caught you before you have to leave?" 
"of course" outside i show near-boredom but inside I'm burning with the flames of magmar. 
"here you go, it's an archen. It only took me almost the entire time I was gone to find the fossil, and I had it revived just this morning. I figure out can take it as a reminder of me since it's said to be the ancestor of all flying type Pokemon."
A tear runs down my face in this perfect moment. Around me battling and training next to me my companion and in front of me my best friend is giving me a gift of a Pokemon he had been trying I add to his team ever since it was discovered. "of course I will remember you."

Sorry, not much shorter. But less gore and a more defined character I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back